+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 96

Thread: very O/T: plant based food

  1. #21

    Re: very O/T: plant based food

    Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Best veggie burger I've had is Linda McCartney mozzarella burger. I tried the beyond and wasn't that impressed

    Best sausage I'd say Richmond ones

    Quorn peppered streaks used to be nice as well, not sure if they do them now.

    Frankie and bennys used to do a superb vegan burger they have changed it now to some beetroot one, was alright
    There's something weird about a food brand named after a dead person.

  2. #22

    Re: very O/T: plant based food

    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    There's something weird about a food brand named after a dead person.
    Bernard Matthew’s, let alone Granny Smith. The list must be miles long

  3. #23

    Re: very O/T: plant based food

    Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post
    Bernard Matthew’s, let alone Granny Smith. The list must be miles long
    Bootiful

  4. #24

    Re: very O/T: plant based food

    Meat or nothing , sorry Morrissey.

  5. #25

    Re: very O/T: plant based food

    Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post
    Bernard Matthew’s, let alone Granny Smith. The list must be miles long
    Kellogg's
    Heinz
    Coleman's
    Hellmans
    Warburton's



    How many brands are named after people who are still alive?

  6. #26

    Re: very O/T: plant based food

    Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Kellogg's
    Heinz
    Coleman's
    Hellmans
    Warburton's



    How many brands are named after people who are still alive?
    Good point but the brands you name are just surnames and no-one probably associates the brands with the individuals who started them. Linda McCartney is a different kettle of....er.....not fish. Her fame was in a different sphere of life and preceded the food brand subsequently named after her.

    Someone will now mention Newman's salad dressing.....

  7. #27
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    10,714

    Re: very O/T: plant based food

    Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Live and let live you dinosaur
    Dinasaur? Dinasaur? How very dare you. I'm not a dinasaur. Half of those were vegitarians. I'm an omnivore. I eat veg and meat.
    Ask a dog, they do it too. It's called the food chain.

  8. #28
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    10,714

    Re: very O/T: plant based food

    Newman's salad dressing!

  9. #29

    Re: very O/T: plant based food

    Walt Disney

  10. #30

    Re: very O/T: plant based food

    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Dinasaur? Dinasaur? How very dare you. I'm not a dinasaur. Half of those were vegitarians. I'm an omnivore. I eat veg and meat.
    Ask a dog, they do it too. It's called the food chain.
    My dog doesn't talk to me, shame.

  11. #31
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    10,714

    Re: very O/T: plant based food

    Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    My dog doesn't talk to me, shame.
    That doesn't stop you asking him!

  12. #32

    Re: very O/T: plant based food

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I quite fancy the look of those beetroot burgers they sell in Lidl. Anyone tried one?

    I’ve tried beetroot sausages (made by that company called Heck). I was very sceptical at first, but they were really nice and I have them quite regularly now - they’re flavoured with a bit of Horseradish to give them a bit of oomph.

  13. #33

    Re: very O/T: plant based food

    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I find minced steak is a very good substitute for quorn. I use it all the time. no additives or anything.
    ...is the right answer.

  14. #34

    Re: very O/T: plant based food

    Sara Lee chocolate cakes!

  15. #35

    Re: very O/T: plant based food

    Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    ...is the right answer.
    Is it tho? I asked for suggestions for meat substitutes, because some of them are very good. It's not because I disagree with meat eating: in fact it's the opposite, I eat far too much meat really so I just want a bit more variation in my diet.

    There is nothing wrong with minced steak and I agree it is very healthy. But it's meat. So why do you think it is the "right" answer to a request for meat substitutes?

  16. #36

    Re: very O/T: plant based food

    Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Is it tho? I asked for suggestions for meat substitutes, because some of them are very good. It's not because I disagree with meat eating: in fact it's the opposite, I eat far too much meat really so I just want a bit more variation in my diet.

    There is nothing wrong with minced steak and I agree it is very healthy. But it's meat. So why do you think it is the "right" answer to a request for meat substitutes?
    Because some people think that anything which is different to what they think it should be is wrong. There's a few on this board.

  17. #37

    Re: very O/T: plant based food

    Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Because some people think that anything which is different to what they think it should be is wrong. There's a few on this board.
    No there's not !

  18. #38

    Re: very O/T: plant based food

    The Beyond Meat burgers are superb, as are the Richmond Sausages. Put them in the oven with a bit salt, pepper and garlic puree.

    Quorn as a brand are very hit and miss. They're a bit old fashioned now and haven't kept up with the times.

    Vivera is another good brand. Their steaks are very good.

  19. #39

    Re: very O/T: plant based food

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    No there's not !
    Yes there is!

  20. #40

    Re: very O/T: plant based food

    Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    The Beyond Meat burgers are superb, as are the Richmond Sausages. Put them in the oven with a bit salt, pepper and garlic puree.

    Quorn as a brand are very hit and miss. They're a bit old fashioned now and haven't kept up with the times.

    Vivera is another good brand. Their steaks are very good.
    Where can I get vivera?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •