+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Almost 12,000 season tickets renewed.

Re: Almost 12,000 season tickets renewed.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    That will be good….I hope we do blood YOUNGLINGS , give our all and see how it goes….

Sounds like something out of Game of Thrones

I’ve been wondering if we will get really big crowds as folks have missed it, or if people have broken the habit and won’t bother anymore? It will be interesting to see. Seems like the club aren’t really bothered about how many show up as ever…..
    I'm really nervous about going, apart from stadium there is longish journey on public transport. Likely to give things a miss for a couple of months, reluctantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    I'm really nervous about going, apart from stadium there is longish journey on public transport. Likely to give things a miss for a couple of months, reluctantly.
    Can’t you drive up?

Little wins like good ST numbers will keep the momentum going.

I’ve been wondering if we will get really big crowds as folks have missed it, or if people have broken the habit and won’t bother anymore? It will be interesting to see. Seems like the club aren’t really bothered about how many show up as ever…..
    I think they'll be up, past week or so has seen hundreds going to watch the likes of Ammanford in pre season, no reason that won't apply to us

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Your telling me you have never heard of an, "inside right or inside left, 8 and 10"

Ivor Allchurch was the best inside left I ever witnessed
    Thierry Henry operated in the inside left channel quite a bit of the time.

in our current formation, ideally we would have someone in each of the 5 channels when attacking. the wing backs out wide, an inside left and inside right and a central striker.
    it should be a role that would suit Josh Murphy well, but we never seem to commit enough men forward to really try to play like that

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Attendances will be up this season across the board, as long as Covid doesn't intervene again.
    Attendances will be up from zero? I think you might be right….

The laces were probably on the other side of the ball when the cross came in to the box !!

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Thierry Henry operated in the inside left channel quite a bit of the time.

in our current formation, ideally we would have someone in each of the 5 channels when attacking. the wing backs out wide, an inside left and inside right and a central striker.
    it should be a role that would suit Josh Murphy well, but we never seem to commit enough men forward to really try to play like that
    We're no Italy.

I’m amazed…..can’t see anything particularly great happening this season…..
    A lot of people just had credit to use up

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    We're no Italy.
    we aren't going to be playing anyone as good as Italy either

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Sounds like something out of Game of Thrones
    And the Wildlings, but of course they are down West.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    we aren't going to be playing anyone as good as Italy either
    Obviously.

But we won't play like they do either, thought the write up in the athletic about them was pretty good in explaining the way they play.

We'll never play that type of football, which was my point originally "we're no Italy"

This board eh.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Obviously.

But we won't play like they do either, thought the write up in the athletic about them was pretty good in explaining the way they play.

We'll never play that type of football, which was my point originally "we're no Italy"

This board eh.
    I suppose my point is that we don't need to be as good as Italy to play in that way.
    a lot of other teams in this division and lower have also switched to a 3-4-3 or variant thereof, the ones that will be successful doing it will be this ones who manage to get their wingbacks forward.
    we were doing it a bit until Bennett got injured.
    when Cunningham wend back to Preston he was cropping up in the opposite box and attacking which is a side of his game we had seen no evidence of. also whenever I'd seen our u23s playing the same formation they were getting good numbers forward and sustaining attacks.

you are right in that from what we have seen so far, we probably won't be playing that way, but it's nice to dream.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    And the Wildlings, but of course they are down West.