+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Celtic

Celtic

on the way out of the champions League it seems

Re: Celtic

Interesting club Midtjylland. They use the moneyball stats approach like Brentford.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Interesting club Midtjylland. They use the moneyball stats approach like Brentford.
    yes and no.
    they do a lot of interesting things with data, recruitment etc but from what I remember they played a much more direct game than Brentford. probably an element of horses for courses there mind you.
    they invested a huge amount into set pieces and that's where they had an advantage for a few years, I think their set piece coach got nabbed by a top club recently.

Scottish football is the biggest joke in World Football. Right now, they are going nowhere, and it was no surprise they got knocked out by a bunch of Vikings. They brought in a new manager in, who nobody ever heard of, they have a Centre forward who just doesn’t want to be there, and their fans are expecting them to regain the Scottish Premiership title. They could be on the sidelines for some time to come. Poor Jock Stein must be turning in his grave. A big club in name only , mainly thanks to the glory days of the past, when they really did have quality players from 1 to 11. I bet their fans wish they could turn back the clock, the way they are currently on the slide. Put simply, they are an embarrassment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Scottish football is the biggest joke in World Football. Right now, they are going nowhere, and it was no surprise they got knocked out by a bunch of Vikings. They brought in a new manager in, who nobody ever heard of, they have a Centre forward who just doesn’t want to be there, and their fans are expecting them to regain the Scottish Premiership title. They could be on the sidelines for some time to come. Poor Jock Stein must be turning in his grave. A big club in name only , mainly thanks to the glory days of the past, when they really did have quality players from 1 to 11. I bet their fans wish they could turn back the clock, the way they are currently on the slide. Put simply, they are an embarrassment.
    I think you mean Celtic are a joke ? They are a club in disarray , it happens from time to time
    I am certainly enjoying it .
    Its brilliant following a great club like Cardiff. It allows us to laugh at all the small clubs like Celtic ...
    Cant wait till the season starts and our free flowing football once again lights up the championship.
    When we are playing away and I cant get to the game , I can only hope I might be able to get a ticket to watch a game played in world famous Welsh League.....

Love seeing Celtic doing poorly.

They’re just one of those clubs easy to dislike

Oh dear, how sad, never mind.

One way of looking at it (and I’m no Celtic fan) is that Galatasaray and Rapid Vienna also went out yesterday.

They won the European Cup with 11 blokes born within 30 miles of Glasgow. Surely that deserves some respect?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Love seeing Celtic doing poorly.

They’re just one of those clubs easy to dislike
    Yeah relegation would be nice….my least favourite fans ever

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    They won the European Cup with 11 blokes born within 30 miles of Glasgow. Surely that deserves some respect?
    Agreed. That is some story, but it was 54 years ago.

Since then progress has tailed off alarmingly, especially in recent years, and with their support, that is isn't good.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    In 1967 aye.

the Scottish League has been in decline for some time.
    these days even non- parachute payment recieving championship clubs get significantly more income from TV revenue than any of the spl sides.
    Celtic are a massive club though and have a huge amount of commercial revenue, which brings them up close to a mid-top championship side in terms of finances.
    they have more income than the rest of the league put together, they really should be winning it every year.
    they aren't helping themselves by keeping ****ing up in Europe, as that should be ab important revenue stream for them.

Imagine Celtic and Rangers joined the English pyramid and got into the Premier League. Its been mooted for years but with having the premier leagues riches and both clubs massive world wide support, they wouldn't be going out in the qualifiers ever again.
    That would send a cat amongst the pigeons, probably why its never happened.

Plus it would kill the scottish leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    Imagine Celtic and Rangers joined the English pyramid and got into the Premier League. Its been mooted for years but with having the premier leagues riches and both clubs massive world wide support, they wouldn't be going out in the qualifiers ever again.
    That would send a cat amongst the pigeons, probably why its never happened.

Plus it would kill the scottish leagues.
    they wouldnt be going out in the qualifiers, mostly because they wouldn't be qualifying for Europe most years

Quick question, does anybody posting on here (except for the obvious ) ever actually watch Scottish league football?

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Quick question, does anybody posting on here (except for the obvious ) ever actually watch Scottish league football?
    I've caught the occasional game

yes i watch Rangers games, good to see the moon howlers implode, feck em WATP

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I've caught the occasional game
    In general I'd say the standard is below that of the championship these days.
    At one point it wasn't far behind the premier league.

If the Old Firm were admitted to the English system I reckon they’d be challenging at the top in no time at all. Their commercial departments would go into overdrive, the sponsorship and interest from mega rich potential owners would dwarf most Premier League clubs. Like it or not, these two aren’t just a Scottish club’s they’re world wide institutions, the interest would be phenomenal, they’d most probably have to increase their capacities. Forget how they do presently in friendlies against EPL sides or early European exits, if they came down south the quality of their playing squads would rocket.

Yeah sunday at 12