+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff Fans are just as bad as plastic

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cardiff Fans are just as bad as plastic

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    the Liverpool and Man U fans they complain about.

After years of complaining about a lack of youngsters coming through it seems we are not prepared to give them the time needed to mature.

A few poor pre season results and the usual suspects on here are getting themselves all hot and bothered.

I’ll gladly take a couple of years of treading water if it means bringing a few of our talented youngsters through.

Sadly it seems some want to to bring them through and challenge for automatics at the same time. Absolutely delusional.
    Trollope tried it, struggled with it, got shot down for it and ultimately lost his job as it looked like we were drowning rather than treading water.

Question is, would people rather we stuck with him and the real risk of relegation for the promise of playing "better football"?

My memory ain't great these days but I don't remember many protesting much when he got the sack.

But are we going somewhere? Huddersfield struggled last year but have a plan going forward, Luton were midtable last year but have a plan going forward but what about us? Are we living season to season like we were under Dave Jones due to financial constraints or sacrificing future growth for chance of success today like under Warnock because of limited philosophy or are we doing something more?

It's tough because we don't have much money now but other teams have still been able to grow without parachute payments as long as they do smart things. And how come Warnock's changed his tune a bit at Boro - was it a Cardiff issue as much as a Warnock one?

I think we have done some good moves since Neil Harris came in but still too much based on who individuals know (if Mick and that former Arsenal guy go are we starting from scratch in terms of recruitment?) rather than something that can last going forward?

First Team

Ubiquitous?

Causing massive environmental damage?