+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Russell Martin - Confirmed new Jacks boss

Re: Russell Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Yup. Martinez, Rodgers,Laudrup, Cooper,potter,Sousa did alright, they even got a tune out of Monk, which probably shows that the club had things in place, rather than his ability to manage. The way i see it is that the club tell their prospective managers what they want, as opposed to the other way round.
    Serious question, how did Cooper get through the net if they do that? You know me Tuerto not argumentative at all, you make a good point and I agreed up until a certain point.

If they were to have gotten Russell he would have suited them like a dream, loves possession ball at MK.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Serious question, how did Cooper get through the net if they do that? You know me Tuerto not argumentative at all, you make a good point and I agreed up until a certain point.

If they were to have gotten Russell he would have suited them like a dream, loves possession ball at MK.
    Sorry mate, don't quite follow. Are you saying, why didn't other clubs grab Cooper, Rodgers etc, before the Jacks got hold of them?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Sorry mate, don't quite follow. Are you saying, why didn't other clubs grab Cooper, Rodgers etc, before the Jacks got hold of them?
    No, I am saying Cooper doesn't fit their style.
    So if the club recruit managers based on the swansea way, how did they get Cooper who doesn't play that sort of football

So if the club recruit managers based on the swansea way, how did they get Cooper who doesn't play that sort of football
    WTF are you basing that on? Cooper had managed only the England U17s and U16s up to the point he was made Swansea manager.

Russel martin back on apparently

Got it. I think that they lost their 'Style' way before Cooper turned up. In my opinion, The Laudrup era was their Pinnacle in terms of how they defined their style, although others may know better. Apart from Bradley and that bloke from reading? They seem to have gone for progressive coaches. I suppose Cooper could be seen as progtessive with good contacts, although his style did remind me a little bit of how Roy Hodgson lined up. Very disciplined, quite rigid and all about shape. That's how i saw it, although in all honesty, that's an opinion based on limited viewing.

He's not exactly biting their hand off according to this.
    Swansea's pursuit of him sounds like Mrs Doyle from Father Ted offering him a cup of tea - "Go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on..."
    https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/ru...city-approach/

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    He's not exactly biting their hand off according to this.
    Swansea's pursuit of him sounds like Mrs Doyle from Father Ted offering him a cup of tea - "Go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on..."
    https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/ru...city-approach/
    🤣🤣🤣

There does seem to be strange things going on down there.

While I understand we are in somewhat a glass House when it comes to criticising how other teams operate, they do seem in a bit of disarray.

Their lack of engagement with WAG on COVID rules for fans is also strange when Cardiff and other Welsh clubs, including other sports, has been pretty intense.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    🤣🤣🤣

There does seem to be strange things going on down there.

While I understand we are in somewhat a glass House when it comes to criticising how other teams operate, they do seem in a bit of disarray.

Their lack of engagement with WAG on COVID rules for fans is also strange when Cardiff and other Welsh clubs, including other sports, has been pretty intense.
    Forget all that, why can't we have manager with 3 day facial growth and who wears chinos with white pumps. Club"s a joke!

His style of football would certainly be the Swansea way but his record as a manager so far admittedly brief,is not paticularly good. He has lost almost as many games as he has won and conceded almost as many goals as has been scored. Mk Dons finished 19th in a curtailed season and 13th the following season. Not bad but not great either.

It seems Swamsea are going for him more for his style of football than the results he has produced so far.