+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sala CAS appeal delayed again

Sala CAS appeal delayed again

Re: Sala CAS appeal delayed again

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Really uncomfortable to still have this rumbling on, has never eat well with me.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Really uncomfortable to still have this rumbling on, has never eat well with me.
    Agreed.

“The two parties have agreed to a further delay to the hearing in order to prepare their respective statements of case”.

Makes you wonder what further ‘preparation’ they could possibly need!

I don’t get anything to do with it, if he is our player dont the club cover them in some form of insurance? Would t that be standard procedure…..

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I don’t get anything to do with it, if he is our player dont the club cover them in some form of insurance? Would t that be standard procedure…..
    And if he wasn't our player because the contract wasn't properly completed - despite the announcement and photos - he would not be covered by Cardiff City player insurance. From all the thousands of pages of reports and opinions across great swathes of the internet, that was what I always understood to be the basis of the dispute.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    And if he wasn't our player because the contract wasn't properly completed - despite the announcement and photos - he would not be covered by Cardiff City player insurance. From all the thousands of pages of reports and opinions across great swathes of the internet, that was what I always understood to be the basis of the dispute.
    So, if we do have to pay for him, insurance pays up….what’s the fuss

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    So, if we do have to pay for him, insurance pays up….what’s the fuss
    I imagine that our insurers are saying they require complete proof that he was our player. If he wasn't Nantes will require the same in order to pay out.

I suspect the issue is more along the lines of the club not having completed the necessary insurance application but still having to fork out £15m on the transfer fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    I suspect the issue is more along the lines of the club not having completed the necessary insurance application but still having to fork out £15m on the transfer fee.
    I think there's a very good chance that's the case. He signed whatever he did sign and was announced on a Saturday afternoon/evening, and the plane disappeared early on the following Monday morning. I'm sure no insurers / brokers were working on a Saturday evening or Sunday to add him to the insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    I think there's a very good chance that's the case. He signed whatever he did sign and was announced on a Saturday afternoon/evening, and the plane disappeared early on the following Monday morning. I'm sure no insurers / brokers were working on a Saturday evening or Sunday to add him to the insurance.
    This is all supposition, guesswork and speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    It is, although I work in insurance and know a bit about policies for professional footballers.

That’s the point - nothing’s being said or concluded, so that’s all we have.

International

City must be acting on the advice of their insurers and legal council. It would be stupid to pay them for advice and then not take it. If it was cut and dried that he was our player then this would have been sorted long ago, so there must clearly be room for doubt.

It’s not. Sala was announced as our player and he died a couple of days later - they are facts.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It’s not. Sala was announced as our player and he died a couple of days later - they are facts.
    And yet the Prem League said he wouldn't have been allowed to play for us had he lived, due to incorrect/incomplete paperwork.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    To the best of my knowledge the club has done no wrong. It's a tragedy, but £15 million is a significant enough sum to warrant taking it through the courts. I'm pretty sure the Directors feel really uncomfortable too.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    He was in essence but not legally.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    And yet the Prem League said he wouldn't have been allowed to play for us had he lived, due to incorrect/incomplete paperwork.
    Being registered for the Premier League and being our player (or not) are different things.
    Leicester had a player that couldn’t play due to missing the paperwork deadline.
    If Sala wasn’t our player, then it seems a bit niave of the club to have announced his signing.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    That doesn’t make what I said untrue and itscertainly not “supposition, guesswork and speculation”.