+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: TNS 10-1 aggregate win in Europa Conference League

TNS 10-1 aggregate win in Europa Conference League

An amazing score. Is that the biggest aggregate score by a Welsh club? Can't remember what we did against P.O. Larnaca. I think we beat them 8-0 at Ninian Park.

TNS will probably be beaten by that socre in the next round.

First Team

Re: TNS 10-1 aggregate win in Europa Conference League

Quote Originally Posted by alan_corneli View Post
    An amazing score. Is that the biggest aggregate score by a Welsh club? Can't remember what we did against P.O. Larnaca. I think we beat them 8-0 at Ninian Park.

TNS will probably be beaten by that socre in the next round.
    Who were they playing? The Blind Boys of Alabama (who are great BTW).

Connahs Quay also won 4-2 but lost 6-5 on aggregate. Feel for them as they've only had 13-14 players available for all their away games because their part time players couldn't play because of the covid isolation requirements on return.

Tough game for TNS in the next game but it'll be interesting to see how they well they can compete now that they're getting up to full fitness and have their home pitch advantage.

City beat Mjøndalen of Norway 12-2 on aggregate in the Cup Winners' Cup. It was quite apt that their strip was (and still is) brown.

Quote Originally Posted by Wozza16 View Post
    Connahs Quay also won 4-2 but lost 6-5 on aggregate. Feel for them as they've only had 13-14 players available for all their away games because their part time players couldn't play because of the covid isolation requirements on return.

Tough game for TNS in the next game but it'll be interesting to see how they well they can compete now that they're getting up to full fitness and have their home pitch advantage.
    It's Viktoria Plzeň up next for The New Saints in the third qualifying round of the UEFA Europa Conference League.

We'll be playing our home leg at the Cardiff City Stadium next Thursday.

https://twitter.com/tnsfc/status/1420835729559670784
    Not quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    City beat Mjøndalen of Norway 12-2 on aggregate in the Cup Winners' Cup. It was quite apt that their strip was (and still is) brown.
    I was at the home game, forgot we won the away leg 7-1.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Who were they playing? The Blind Boys of Alabama (who are great BTW).
    It was a team from Lithuania. Now they play a team from the Czech Republic. If they get through to the next round it's either a team from Kazakhstan or Slovakia for a place in the group stages.

Is it possible to contact Sky Sports News!

Just watched it again this morning - shows the goals from Hibs win, show the score and reads the highlights of the Aberdeen game... No mention of TNS at all. B*st*rd English!!!

Four Irish sides got through too!

A Sandy Allan hat-trick too, which is about all he did at City. I was there too, I'd forgotten about the brown kit though.

Swansea beat Sliema Wanderers 17-0 on aggregate in 1982. 12-0 at home, 5-0 away.

As was I. And if I remember rightly, the away leg was in the afternoon and I listened to in a geography class with a earpiece hidden in my long hair. The commentator was waxing lyrical about the bucolic surroundings and attractive backdrop.

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    Swansea beat Sliema Wanderers 17-0 on aggregate in 1982. 12-0 at home, 5-0 away.
    That's spoilt my day!

Could they not play at Shrewsbury if their ground isn’t up to snuff? Must be better than schlepping it to Cardiff.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Not quite right.
    There must be extra stadium requirements to play in the 3rd round because they usually play at their home ground. They are one of the only Welsh Prem teams who are able to play at their own ground, unless they think playing in Cardiff will make them more money? Could be a decent crowd as I'm sure people are keen to watch any live football at the moment.

Is it possible to contact Sky Sports News!

Just watched it again this morning - shows the goals from Hibs win, show the score and reads the highlights of the Aberdeen game... No mention of TNS at all. B*st*rd English!!!

Four Irish sides got through too!
    Whilst technically a 'Welsh' side, aren't TNS based in England - It's just Oswestry innit?