+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Joe Bennet

Re: Joe Bennet

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    I’m not too happy that we are getting him fit whilst out of contract for a championship rival.

If he is trying to prove himself for an affordable stay then fine as he is decent.
    We have a duty to get him fit if he was injured whilst playing for us.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    “Badly treated” often means not offered a over the odds contract out of ‘loyalty’ and time served.

I’ve seen people slate the club for not offering sol a contract even though he’s expressed interest to play (I don’t see him getting game time here)

It’s my assumption that it went along the lines of;

Bennett offered heavily reduced contract
    Bennett declined
    Ready to sign one last contract elsewhere
    Gets injured
    Interested party pulls out
    Now has to prove fitness to get something

Well there are different cases I’d say.
    Yes he was in the middle of negotiating for more at what turned out to be a very bad time for him because of the unexpected injury.

In many cases I’d say serve the greedy bastard right, but here’s a man who’s shunned lucrative offers from the likes of Fulham and consistently given 120% on the field, being a major contributor to our promotion. He’s also still a player very worth having for the club.

In all the circumstances then, I’d say they should have at least done something to help him put it right. It would have been the honourable thing.

It feels like the perfect chance to see what the youngsters can do in that position. I'm way more excited about that than I am giving Bennett another contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Yes I did. Apologies. I'm feeling addled after a hard day.
    I did wonder, not like you 👍