+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keifer Moore - Staying at City

Keifer Moore - Staying at City

Re: Keifer Moore - Staying at City

Not true.

Sludges contact says hes going to Burnley.

Shows how much he knows. It’s not going to happen

"HEY GUYS I'VE GOT A 20 GOAL A SEASON STRIKER OVER HERE WITH NO INTEREST"

Shouts Mick, the manager of a skint football club who's so desperate to keep his striker, he brings attention to the fact he's still here, unsold.

Wily.

Hardly a secret is it ?
    I think you’re right that McCarthy would be happy to sell though. He’s a 100% company man.

I’m very supportive of his stance on Bennett.

International

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Hardly a secret is it ?
    I think you’re right that McCarthy would be happy to sell though. He’s a 100% company man.

Shirley any manager working for a company should be a company man?
    that's what he is being paid to be.

This article screams Keifer Moore is for sale and advertises that fact. If he wasn't for sale why would McCarthy say anything by alerting his availability. McCarthy is doing his job as he knows the club wants to offload him. Collins was acquired in the expectation that Moore was to be sold and the club's finances going forward probably depended on it. There is still plenty of time for him to be sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    This article screams Keifer Moore is for sale and advertises that fact. If he wasn't for sale why would McCarthy say anything by alerting his availability. McCarthy is doing his job as he knows the club wants to offload him. Collins was acquired in the expectation that Moore was to be sold and the club's finances going forward probably depended on it. There is still plenty of time for him to be sold.
    What a load of rubbish. How on earth you can deduce that from McCarthys interview is beyond me. He was directly asked if there was any interest in Moore and said no, which he was surprised and delighted about. What else could he say ? It has also been said on a number of occasions that they don't want to sell him. Collins was brought in to replace Glatzel and probably in case Vassell didn't get fit. We were short of strikers. They didnt pay a fee for Collins either.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    What a load of rubbish. How on earth you can deduce that from McCarthys interview is beyond me. He was directly asked if there was any interest in Moore and said no, which he was surprised and delighted about. What else could he say ? It has also been said on a number of occasions that they don't want to sell him. Collins was brought in to replace Glatzel and probably in case Vassell didn't get fit. We were short of strikers. They didnt pay a fee for Collins either.
    Thank you for your reply. This forum is about opinions and we have both expressed ours. And where did I say Collins was purchased?

Thank you for your reply. This forum is about opinions and we have both expressed ours. And where did I say Collins was purchased?
    Read your previous post again. You state a number of ‘facts’ about Keiffer Moore and the club, not your opinions, including that McCarthy was advertising that Moore was for sale and that the club wanted to sell him. Clearly all incorrect. Also, I didn't say that you said Collins was purchased.

Because he was asked a direct question in the pre-match press conference yesterday. He answered it.

Read your previous post again. You state a number of ‘facts’ about Keiffer Moore and the club, not your opinions, including that McCarthy was advertising that Moore was for sale and that the club wanted to sell him. Clearly all incorrect. Also, I didn't say that you said Collins was purchased.
    You stated "They didn't pay a fee for Collins either". That implies I stated they did pay a fee when I deliberately avoided saying the word "purchased" by saying "acquired".

You suggested I was stating facts about the club wanting to sell Moore. How can I state facts when I don't know. I was merely expressing an opinion.

In essence you are talking nonsense but you are entitled to your opinions as am I.

Fair play, a lot of people are desperate to be annoyed at the club for anything.

I'm pretty sure all the clubs that would be interested in Moore, know Moore is still at Cardiff.

The club have legitimately done some things to be annoyed about recently, this is not one

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Because he was asked a direct question in the pre-match press conference yesterday. He answered it.
    Far too sensible, Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Fair play, a lot of people are desperate to be annoyed at the club for anything.

I'm pretty sure all the clubs that would be interested in Moore, know Moore is still at Cardiff.

The club have legitimately done some things to be annoyed about recently, this is not one
    I'm not annoyed, and I was of the opinion MM was being a bit wily with this one.
    I don't have my browser open on automatic refresh so wasn't aware he was asked a direct question on Moore, I saw the quote and formed my opinion based on what I think of mick (he's a wily old fox)

Not angry at the club, I don't ride on Tony's bus

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    "HEY GUYS I'VE GOT A 20 GOAL A SEASON STRIKER OVER HERE WITH NO INTEREST"

Shouts Mick, the manager of a skint football club who's so desperate to keep his striker, he brings attention to the fact he's still here, unsold.

Wily.
    That's what I was thinking. Warnock used to do similar things with players by says like "he's going absolutely nowhere....but if a silly offer comes in"

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    That's what I was thinking. Warnock used to do similar things with players by says like "he's going absolutely nowhere....but if a silly offer comes in"
    Was my immediate thought.

But reading on since I posted that someone has said he was asked a direct question so just answered it.

Ooooo the bus boys

Yes I'm pretty sure Sean Dyche doesn't find his transfer targets by browsing the BBC sport website for recent stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Yes I'm pretty sure Sean Dyche doesn't find his transfer targets by browsing the BBC sport website for recent stories.
    I agree.

But managers know what they are doing when saying this sort of thing.

You stated "They didn't pay a fee for Collins either". That implies I stated they did pay a fee when I deliberately avoided saying the word "purchased" by saying "acquired".

You suggested I was stating facts about the club wanting to sell Moore. How can I state facts when I don't know. I was merely expressing an opinion.

In essence you are talking nonsense but you are entitled to your opinions as am I.
    I repeat again that you were stating something as a fact, which clearly is not i.e that the club wants to sell Moore and that McCarthy was advertising the fact. If you were making it up and it was just your opinion, why didn't you just say so. As other people have said, McCarthy was just responding to a sports journalists question as to whether any interest had been received in Moore. This is totally at odds with your totally incorrect statement that McCarthys words ‘screams’ that City want to sell him. I made the point about Collins fee because you made out out that City are desperate for the money, not because you said anything about us having paid for him. We haven't spent any transfer fees so far.

The days of a manger ringing another manager to see if his player is available are long gone id say. Maybe with loans but not multi million pound transfers.

it will be out of Micks hands and will be dealt with by the suits and the recruitment departments. If Cardiff want to attract bids for Moore they will be speaking to agents, clubs.etc to get his name and availability out there, they dont need Mick to give some kind of secret message in a press interview.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    The days of a manger ringing another manager to see if his player is available are long gone id say. Maybe with loans but not multi million pound transfers.

it will be out of Micks hands and will be dealt with by the suits and the recruitment departments. If Cardiff want to attract bids for Moore they will be speaking to agents, clubs.etc to get his name and availability out there, they dont need Mick to give some kind of secret message in a press interview.
    Sorry, I was stuck in 1970 with BLUETIT as we bantered back and forth.

I repeat again that you were stating something as a fact, which clearly is not i.e that the club wants to sell Moore and that McCarthy was advertising the fact. If you were making it up and it was just your opinion, why didn't you just say so. As other people have said, McCarthy was just responding to a sports journalists question as to whether any interest had been received in Moore. This is totally at odds with your totally incorrect statement that McCarthys words ‘screams’ that City want to sell him. I made the point about Collins fee because you made out out that City are desperate for the money, not because you said anything about us having paid for him. We haven't spent any transfer fees so far.
    I have told you already that I was expressing an opinion. Just in case you haven't realised this is forum of opinions not facts so do you really believe every time a member posts something they should qualify their post with the word "opinion" or "fact". Of course not.

As for my post about Moore you indicated that I made out the club was desperate for the money. I don't know that but I don't believe that I am the only one who has expressed that opinion. It merely occurred to me that as an international footballer Collins would not have joined the club if he was told or believed he would spend most of the season on the bench as second fiddle to Moore. Of course I could be wrong but my opinion is that he would not have come here for that reason especially as he probably had other options.

I accept your point about McCarthy not having much of an option but to answer the question by a journalist at a Press Conference but felt that the manager should have refused to answer the question as he had answered questions like that in the past. It remains my opinion that Moore is up for sale. That's it. I don't know why you are making such a fuss about it.