+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Man City bid £100m for Jack Grealish

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Man City bid £100m for Jack Grealish

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    100 million for a footballer

Football is fecked
    Money is there though Sludge. I'd rather see someone like Grealish, his family and friends benefit from the wind fall. Good luck to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Money is there though Sludge. I'd rather see someone like Grealish, his family and friends benefit from the wind fall. Good luck to him.
    Rather than who else?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Rather than who else?
    LFW

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Rather than who else?
    Just a general view. Grealish and his family (like most footballers) have probably never had that much. I just think that it's nice that his family will be able to enjoy the fruits of his talent and hard work

He’s 26 in September and seems to have been in the ‘promising talent’ for a long time now. For £100m there are much better players out there that are much younger too.

The way his supporters promote the ‘most fouled player’ stat annoys me as to me that suggests he doesn’t have the ability to ride a challenge and that he holds on to the ball for too long. He’d be useful at winning free kicks in a team that relies on scoring from set pieces but Man City are not that sort of team.

Man City could put the £100m to much better use elsewhere and I feel Grealish will be a bit part player who eventually gets loaned back out after a couple of seasons and eventually ends up back up at a club like, well, Aston Villa!

Just a general view. Grealish and his family (like most footballers) have probably never had that much. I just think that it's nice that his family will be able to enjoy the fruits of his talent and hard work
    I agree with that generally and I know he’s only a kid (and Christ knows what an absolute twaat I was at his age) but Grealish getting caught for careless driving in his 80k Range Rover, allegedly pisssed up, after nailing a prostitute, during Covid restrictions, tempers my view on him enjoying his fruits of his labour.

Note: the only thing he did wrong was getting into the Range Rover, driving plus breaking the Covid rules, everything else is fair game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I agree with that generally and I know he’s only a kid (and Christ knows what an absolute twaat I was at his age) but Grealish getting caught for careless driving in his 80k Range Rover, allegedly pisssed up, after nailing a prostitute, during Covid restrictions, tempers my view on him enjoying his fruits of his labour.

Note: the only thing he did wrong was getting into the Range Rover, driving plus breaking the Covid rules, everything else is fair game.
    You left out, "with his slipper on" (it was only one, wasn't it )

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    You left out, "with his slipper on" (it was only one, wasn't it )
    One slipper? *laughing*

Very soon when the transfer to Man City goes through, that slipper will end up on ebay.

Good luck to the girl who gets a couple of quid for it.

Where has that ‘money’ come from? It’s always great to see a bloke spunk £100 million he’s acquired through a few human rights abuses, restricting political freedoms and actively making Yemen the shit show it is benevolently share out his wealth to a young Brummie kid who can kick a football.

Man City are one massive ‘sportswashing’ project full of people who are ‘principles’ frauds.

I’ll start with St. Pep of Catalonia.