Well knock me down with a feather.

Oh, sorry, that’s Jack

Re: Man City bid £100m for Jack Grealish

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Wow. I don't get that.
    Why not?

He’s a cracking player

Foden looks a better player to me, will they play both?

A player being English always adds a few million to their price tag

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    A player being English always adds a few million to their price tag
    Fair point. He was only worth £97m.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Why not?

He’s a cracking player
    He's good. He's not Man City good though. Would he start for Real Madrid? Barcelona? Liverpool? Man U or PSG?

Let's face it, we don't know how good he could be.
    He may have peaked, or he may even get better.

He virtually single handedly kept Villa up two seasons ago and he improved this season although he missed a lot of games.

I didn't like Grealish at first, still not fussed on him tbh, thinking he is always looking for the foul, but he does seem to make a difference when he plays.

I could see him being de Breuyne's successor as playmaker for Citeh.

Of course, even if he does not come off as Pep would like, there is the fact that if Man City have him then none of their rivals do.

100 million for a footballer

Football is fecked

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    100 million for a footballer

Football is fecked
    Money is there though Sludge. I'd rather see someone like Grealish, his family and friends benefit from the wind fall. Good luck to him.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Let's face it, we don't know how good he could be.
    He may have peaked, or he may even get better.

He virtually single handedly kept Villa up two seasons ago and he improved this season although he missed a lot of games.

I didn't like Grealish at first, still not fussed on him tbh, thinking he is always looking for the foul, but he does seem to make a difference when he plays.

I could see him being de Breuyne's successor as playmaker for Citeh.

Of course, even if he does not come off as Pep would like, there is the fact that if Man City have him then none of their rivals do.
    Obviously, Pep knows more than I do. I just don't see it. I'm probably wrong. But to me he's just the best player at Villa or a West Ham or Newcastle or someone like that. I rate someone like Richarlison above Grealish.

He's no Pack

Obviously, Pep knows more than I do. I just don't see it. I'm probably wrong. But to me he's just the best player at Villa or a West Ham or Newcastle or someone like that. I rate someone like Richarlison above Grealish.
    In my opinion there are great players, and then there are great players who are also winners. This is what Grealish needs to prove if he is to be considered great. Obviously, that chance hasn't presented itself to him yet. Certainly interesting to see how it works out for him if he does end up at Man City.

I do get what you mean.
    Although Raheem Stirling was a "good" player with potential to get better before moving to Citeh and while I still think he is very wasteful at times, he has improved himself and his team a helluva lot since his move from Liverpool.

Riyad Mahrez is another who has improved Citeh.

Grealish is one of the brighter young lights of the EPL right now no doubt and if MC continue to snap up the best players ahead of their rivals the better their chances of success.

I think he is getting better each year.

So hard to get the ball off and makes things happen.

In a team like Man City who will be far more on the front foot than Villa I do think he will push on further.

Hell of a lot of money mind.

Must be mental. He’s really not much good by comparison to his reputation.
    He’ll be another Jack Wilshere who had a similar repute at one point but is now available on a free and no one wants him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Money is there though Sludge. I'd rather see someone like Grealish, his family and friends benefit from the wind fall. Good luck to him.
    Rather than who else?

Still think he's very over rated, but I daresay Pep is a better judge than me . I concede he's done a lot better in the Premier League in these last two seasons than I expected him to, but, using Tuerto's line about great players and great players who are winners, I definitely have doubts about him when it comes to the latter and I'm not convinced he's the former yet either.

good bench warmer

He’s a bit of an enigma to me, “falling” Somewhere between Gascoigne and Wishire.

I’m certainly glad though that he has had the same treatment by England as Le Tissier.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Where has that ‘money’ come from? It’s always great to see a bloke spunk £100 million he’s acquired through a few human rights abuses, restricting political freedoms and actively making Yemen the shit show it is benevolently share out his wealth to a young Brummie kid who can kick a football.

Man City are one massive ‘sportswashing’ project full of people who are ‘principles’ frauds.

I’ll start with St. Pep of Catalonia.

Didnt pep say they couldn’t afford to pay silly money for anyone a few months ago?

He's good. He's not Man City good though. Would he start for Real Madrid? Barcelona? Liverpool? Man U or PSG?
    Surely he offers more than Pogba

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Where has that ‘money’ come from? It’s always great to see a bloke spunk £100 million he’s acquired through a few human rights abuses, restricting political freedoms and actively making Yemen the shit show it is benevolently share out his wealth to a young Brummie kid who can kick a football.

Man City are one massive ‘sportswashing’ project full of people who are ‘principles’ frauds.

I’ll start with St. Pep of Catalonia.
    100% agree with you.
    Not to let the others off the hook...but Man City seem to get an incredibly easy ride from the media for their recent success.

I reluctantly wanted Chelsea to win that European Final.

That Nathan Blake goal against them though!!