+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Man City bid £100m for Jack Grealish

Re: Man City bid £100m for Jack Grealish

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    100% agree with you.
    Not to let the others off the hook...but Man City seem to get an incredibly easy ride from the media for their recent success.

I reluctantly wanted Chelsea to win that European Final.

That Nathan Blake goal against them though!!
    But Chelsea's money is so closely connected to the Russian government and all the horrific things they've done?

I saw a comment which suggested Pep wants him to rotate with Gundogen in the 8 position and £100m for a rotation role seems a lot. But, as ever, transfer fee relates to budget/want of buying team and strength of selling team's negotiation position more than anything. Wages are probably a better judge of how much a player should be rated and Grealish will be paid very well - he's got the potential to be a top, top player.

Pep has done many wonderful things for football but he's never tried a club where he doesn't have massive amounts of money. Managers walking away from difficult seasons where they're not going to get 100% of what they want in order to protect their reputation is a Pep'ism as well and a less positive one.

I can't think of a current player I dislike more than Grealish. On the few occasions I've seen him play, he seems more interested in buying a free kick than playing the game. Plus his antics early in the first lockdown...seems a bit of a knob to me.

Quote Originally Posted by FungoFurore View Post
    I can't think of a current player I dislike more than Grealish. On the few occasions I've seen him play, he seems more interested in buying a free kick than playing the game. Plus his antics early in the first lockdown...seems a bit of a knob to me.
    Nail on head.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    But Chelsea's money is so closely connected to the Russian government and all the horrific things they've done?
    I 100% agree with you.
    Maybe it’s a shame that those “Super Clubs” didn’t just go.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Rather than who else?
    LFW

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Rather than who else?
    Just a general view. Grealish and his family (like most footballers) have probably never had that much. I just think that it's nice that his family will be able to enjoy the fruits of his talent and hard work

He’s 26 in September and seems to have been in the ‘promising talent’ for a long time now. For £100m there are much better players out there that are much younger too.

The way his supporters promote the ‘most fouled player’ stat annoys me as to me that suggests he doesn’t have the ability to ride a challenge and that he holds on to the ball for too long. He’d be useful at winning free kicks in a team that relies on scoring from set pieces but Man City are not that sort of team.

Man City could put the £100m to much better use elsewhere and I feel Grealish will be a bit part player who eventually gets loaned back out after a couple of seasons and eventually ends up back up at a club like, well, Aston Villa!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Just a general view. Grealish and his family (like most footballers) have probably never had that much. I just think that it's nice that his family will be able to enjoy the fruits of his talent and hard work
    I agree with that generally and I know he’s only a kid (and Christ knows what an absolute twaat I was at his age) but Grealish getting caught for careless driving in his 80k Range Rover, allegedly pisssed up, after nailing a prostitute, during Covid restrictions, tempers my view on him enjoying his fruits of his labour.

Note: the only thing he did wrong was getting into the Range Rover, driving plus breaking the Covid rules, everything else is fair game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I agree with that generally and I know he’s only a kid (and Christ knows what an absolute twaat I was at his age) but Grealish getting caught for careless driving in his 80k Range Rover, allegedly pisssed up, after nailing a prostitute, during Covid restrictions, tempers my view on him enjoying his fruits of his labour.

Note: the only thing he did wrong was getting into the Range Rover, driving plus breaking the Covid rules, everything else is fair game.
    You left out, "with his slipper on" (it was only one, wasn't it )

Top,top football player .
    A game changer when he plays .
    He made a huge difference when he came on for England in the Euros.

I can see why he isnt rated by our supporters though.
    We are the connoisseurs of hoofball . He would never fit in to our system although he does work hard and track back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Top,top football player .
    A game changer when he plays .
    He made a huge difference when he came on for England in the Euros.

I can see why he isnt rated by our supporters though.
    We are the connoisseurs of hoofball . He would never fit in to our system although he does work hard and track back.
    Need to be a triple-top player for £100m in my view. I wouldn't pay more than £75m for a top, top player.

Quote Originally Posted by FungoFurore View Post
    On the few occasions I've seen him play, he seems more interested in buying a free kick than playing the game.
    ‘Buying’ free kicks is very much a part of playing the game in the modern era and Grealish is brilliant at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    The way his supporters promote the ‘most fouled player’ stat annoys me as to me that suggests he doesn’t have the ability to ride a challenge and that he holds on to the ball for too long.
    You sound like someone who hasn’t watched him play. Grealish very definitely has the ability to ride a challenge and he does some brilliant things with the ball. A top player whose stats compare very favourably with some of Man City’s best performers, and that’s while playing in an average Aston Villa team.

Grealish is 26 in a couple of months. A brilliant player in his prime with the potential to get better still. £100 million is a huge price tag, but he’s capable of living up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    You left out, "with his slipper on" (it was only one, wasn't it )
    One slipper? *laughing*

Very soon when the transfer to Man City goes through, that slipper will end up on ebay.

Good luck to the girl who gets a couple of quid for it.

Grealish is a fantastic player. Of course 100m and the wages he will be on is obscene particularly in the current climate. If you object cancel your sky subscription. Its not Grealishs fault.

He is fouled a lot as well. Simply hes too good for a lot of players. I certainly wouldnt class him as a diver.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Still think he's very over rated, but I daresay Pep is a better judge than me . I concede he's done a lot better in the Premier League in these last two seasons than I expected him to, but, using Tuerto's line about great players and great players who are winners, I definitely have doubts about him when it comes to the latter and I'm not convinced he's the former yet either.
    200% agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Grealish is a fantastic player. Of course 100m and the wages he will be on is obscene particularly in the current climate. If you object cancel your sky subscription. Its not Grealishs fault.

He is fouled a lot as well. Simply hes too good for a lot of players. I certainly wouldnt class him as a diver.
    As has been mentioned, it's part of the game now. They all dive and he dives more than most.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Need to be a triple-top player for £100m in my view. I wouldn't pay more than £75m for a top, top player.
    I dont know how they value these players .

Is it 33.33 million per "top "?