+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sean Morrison injured to start the season?

Sean Morrison injured to start the season?

He hasn't played all pre-season due to a dislocated elbow and it looks like it is touch and go whether he'll be fit to face Barnsley next week. These were our results in the games that he missed last season:

Cardiff City 1-2 Norwich City
    Cardiff City 0-1 Nottingham Forest
    Sheffield Wednesday 5-0 Cardiff City
    Cardiff City 2-2 Blackburn Rovers
    Reading 1-1 Cardiff City
    Brentford 1-1 Cardiff City
    Birmingham City 0-4 Cardiff City
    Cardiff City 1-1 Rotherham United

We also lost 2-1 against Wycombe when he went off injured in the first half. He's quite important to us, isn't he?

Re: Sean Morrison injured to start the season?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    He hasn't played all pre-season due to a dislocated elbow and it looks like it is touch and go whether he'll be fit to face Barnsley next week. These were our results in the games that he missed last season:

Cardiff City 1-2 Norwich City
    Cardiff City 0-1 Nottingham Forest
    Sheffield Wednesday 5-0 Cardiff City
    Cardiff City 2-2 Blackburn Rovers
    Reading 1-1 Cardiff City
    Brentford 1-1 Cardiff City
    Birmingham City 0-4 Cardiff City
    Cardiff City 1-1 Rotherham United

We also lost 2-1 against Wycombe when he went off injured in the first half. He's quite important to us, isn't he?
    Our biggest weakness is how poor CBs and CMs are on the ball and Morrison is one who lessens that impact because he's somewhat capable, our biggest strength last year was threat from set-plays and Morrison accentuated that with being a genuine goal-scorer in the opposition box.

I'm hopeful that McGuiness can help with these two regards also but Morrison is far more experienced and the club captain.

Not the 20 spoke about how we'd benefit from a quick start and Morrison missing would harm chances of that.

He's a huge loss, massively underrated by a lot of people.

Agree entirely. Been our most important player for several seasons. McGuinness may turn out to be the best thing since sliced bread, but I would have Morrison on the side over him every time.
    I think we will struggle defensively if he is not in the team from day 1.

Top half of the table with him.

Bottom half of the table without him.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Our biggest weakness is how poor CBs and CMs are on the ball and Morrison is one who lessens that impact because he's somewhat capable, our biggest strength last year was threat from set-plays and Morrison accentuated that with being a genuine goal-scorer in the opposition box.

I'm hopeful that McGuiness can help with these two regards also but Morrison is far more experienced and the club captain.

Not the 20 spoke about how we'd benefit from a quick start and Morrison missing would harm chances of that.
    Personally I think he’ll play. He’s in training now and is so important to the team. However I don’t think it’s got anything to do with ability on the ball, his passing is not that good . Where we miss him is in his leadership, he galvanises and organised the defence . He’s also a huge threat in the opposition box and throws his body at everything. So does Flint and the 2 of them with Nelson to cover their occasional mistakes worked a dream when McCarthy came in.

Brown did a decent job when he came in, but he’s a big step down from Morrison as it stands.