First class human being What a man

Re: A message from Sol

What a great guy

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    First class human being What a man
    The term legend is overused, he's a legend for me

I'm just so glad that Sol is well and I hope that he comes back in a coaching capacity.

Thought this was a message of thanks from Campbell to Tuerto. ........good luck Sol Bamba in everything you do, will go down as a huge City character.

Sol Bamba's influence on the pitch, especially in his first two seasons, cannot be overstated.

Great defender, great leader and a true gentleman revered by many.

Good old Sol !
    I’m only sorry he didn’t stay here and coach. What a massive massive icon for the club he will always be.

And indeed what a magnificent role model.

Watching Sol play football for Cardiff City was always a joy and his energy, enthusiasm and charisma as well as his immense presence both physically and psychologically had an enormous influence on both the team and us supporters.

The promotion season, for me, was his best period at the club and I’ll never forget the ‘Last Christmas’ song being sung all around the ground in December 2017 when the Sky cameras were there during a match (I think he may have even won the Man Of The Match award that day?).

Happy times.

I too miss him and yes, it’s a shame he’s not staying on at the club in some way but I do understand and respect his decision to move on and look for a change of direction and new horizons. I say this as he recovers from a life-changing diagnosis and subsequent treatment. As someone who’s trying to move forward myself with a chronic illness, I empathise with the need for change and re-assessment and I do understand his desire to play on because when life takes away the things we love doing, we are even more appreciative of them as we too often take, even the simplest activities, for granted - until we can no longer do them. Every second becomes so precious.

Sol, all the best for the future. I still miss your wide-eyed gesticulating with incredulity whenever a referee had the audacity to penalise you. Stay safe big man.