+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Digital ticket Barnsley

Re: Digital ticket Barnsley

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Thanks for clarifying that. Silly me thought the digital ticket would be listed under "Tickets". No wonder I couldn't find it. Can't see how you can get your phone in the ST scanner at the turnstile though. Might be a tight fit.
    Phone fits in the scanner no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    You’ll be buggered if Dom Joly is in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    You’ll be buggered if Dom Joly is in front of you.
    Or Tony trying to insert his wallet, while computer says no.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Or Tony trying to insert his wallet, while computer says no.
    Ive got 2 tickets on my phone it will be a tight fit

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    We would if we didn't have to enter mastermind to get a ticket.

How simple is it to "open a door"

EVERY OTHER BUSINESS IS OPEN NOW.
    Wembley stewards showed how to open doors?😉

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Season ticket holders available now
    BLUEBIRDSACCOUNT
    TRANSACTIONS
    Last transaction
    Click on the amount you paid for season ticket
    it should have complete in green
    Transaction details #
    Scroll down
    Go to card. Then mobile virtual card
    Enter mobile no send sms
    Once I found out where "Transactions" was (its at the very bottom of the page on my phone) it was a piece of cake. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny London View Post
    Once I found out where "Transactions" was (its at the very bottom of the page on my phone) it was a piece of cake. Thanks
    Brilliant, can we all borrow your ‘phone?

If all clubs go down the digital phone ticket route, it's the beginning of the end for stubs. Sad times.

What if you haven't got a phone and just use a desktop? Will that fit?

Has the method of accessing a ticket as described above been officially promulgated by the club by email? I can't find such a missive in my Inbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Has the method of accessing a ticket as described above been officially promulgated by the club by email? I can't find such a missive in my Inbox.

They’ll let us know on Saturday morning

What Saturday would that be?!

They also make a massive assumption that everyone is able to negotiate their badly designed generic website. It isn't easily accessible for some people with certain disabilities and seriously needs addressing. There's always the assumption that any instructions are being read by able-bodied supporters, whether those instructions are for buying a ticket or negotiating their way to and into the ground.

FAO Bluetit: When you get around to finding the right place on the interweb to access tickets you can change the number of them that you want by using the drop-down menu. Using Tipp-Ex doesn't work very well

I found I cannot download to my phone because of work security settings - had to pay £2 each for a hard copy of the friendly tickets, guess I now will be charged again for a season ticket I've already paid for ? RIPOFF CLUB !!

Quote Originally Posted by I'll give you the Malky!! View Post
    I found I cannot download to my phone because of work security settings - had to pay £2 each for a hard copy of the friendly tickets, guess I now will be charged again for a season ticket I've already paid for ? RIPOFF CLUB !!
    Says the guy using his works phone for personal use...

Jokes aside. I don't think this is the long term plan is it? To use this week in week out.

Jokes aside. I don't think this is the long term plan is it? To use this week in week out.
    I certainly hope the promised new ST cards are sent out ASAP but can see the club using downloaded tickets, rather than having people queuing at the TO or sending them out in the post, for for other home matches. Similarly, it's more secure/cheaper/quicker to send an away ticket to a recognised phone. A bit like accessing your bank account on a phone. It's the end of stubs and "loads of tickets floating around the pubs" scenario....ish. There is always the screenshot/WhatsApp a ticket to a mate opportunity. Could make life harder for touts, too. As pointed out, above, there are accessibility issues with digital tickets.

TBF it is my own phone (just allows access to works apps/files) ...I think the digital tickets are for at least 4 home games plus the cup game - donuts affair amount just to get printed off.

TBF it is my own phone (just allows access to works apps/files) ...I think the digital tickets are for at least 4 home games plus the cup game - donuts affair amount just to get printed off.
    I think it could be a good idea, for those that choose it, but fans should ultimately get the choice.

Shouldn't charge you either, or was that for postage?

I think it could be a good idea, for those that choose it, but fans should ultimately get the choice.

Shouldn't charge you either, or was that for postage?
    Nope, went down to the ticket office and was charged £4 for the pleasure of them printing off tickets for Southampton and Newport...it was then they told me it would probably be the same for the first 4 home games despite me having a season ticket

I think the e-ticket and even the season e-ticket is a great idea with the option for a paper ticket or plastic season ticket for those who want them. There should be a charge for the paper ticket and plastic season ticket as these have production and admin costs (though an option of printing your own ticket should be in there too as £2 a pop is a rip-off).

It is so easy to load an e-ticket on every other sporting site I've used as well as travel tickets etc. The Hundred was easy and accessible. If you have an account, fan number, and an App, tickets should automatically be pre-loaded and accessible. You shouldn't have to do anything once you've paid - it should just be in a wallet on the App. Our club could do this easily if they got their act together but they need a big think about their current IT contract because it sucks (and has done for some time).

Nope, went down to the ticket office and was charged £4 for the pleasure of them printing off tickets for Southampton and Newport...it was then they told me it would probably be the same for the first 4 home games despite me having a season ticket
    £2 per ticket aswell which I thought was a bit cheeky when they're sent in the same envelope

That's awful! £4 is a rip-off and there's no need for this. I'd be furious if I'd gone to the ticket office. I think there should be a charge for sending them out but not if you go down to pick them up in person.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    £2 per ticket aswell which I thought was a bit cheeky when they're sent in the same envelope
    I agree. I really don't like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I think the e-ticket and even the season e-ticket is a great idea with the option for a paper ticket or plastic season ticket for those who want them. There should be a charge for the paper ticket and plastic season ticket as these have production and admin costs (though an option of printing your own ticket should be in there too as £2 a pop is a rip-off).

It is so easy to load an e-ticket on every other sporting site I've used as well as travel tickets etc. The Hundred was easy and accessible. If you have an account, fan number, and an App, tickets should automatically be pre-loaded and accessible. You shouldn't have to do anything once you've paid - it should just be in a wallet on the App. Our club could do this easily if they got their act together but they need a big think about their current IT contract because it sucks (and has done for some time).
    Your first paragraph is correct, we should have the choice as paying fans (I still say fans or supporters despite the club treating us as ‘customers’, a horrible description of a football supporter). I’d imagine we’ve got ‘belt and bracers’ fans as well, if a paper ticket or card was made available they’d get that as well as having it on their ‘phone as a failsafe. Before flying I also print off my boarding passes even though they’re on my ‘phone in an email or on the flight company’s app etc, it’s just me covering all bases, long delay at the airport, ‘phone battery dying etc. Imagine that happening when arriving at the turnstiles, battery gone, you’ve lost your ‘phone or even absentmindedly left it at home. Give the fans what they want, every option, within reason, and we’d be a much happier club

How long before microchipping humans catches on? Just load your ticket on that...no need for paper tickets or a phone.