+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Digital ticket Barnsley

Re: Digital ticket Barnsley

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Get an android. Better.
    That’s a life like robot type thing isn’t it? Wouldn’t you need two tickets if you take him

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Well I don't disagree with any of that.

I'd piss myself if the club announced a brilliant and convenient for all system tomorrow though
    Delmi, Delmi, Delmi you do realise that this is Cardiff City we're talking about here

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Stick em in a stew
    Was gonna go old skool sausage mash and gravy. You've got me thinking now.. Stew ain't too heavy to eat later on after a big dinner already hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    The club will be sending out season ticket cards, they have just been delayed, presumably because of the lack of clear information available on capacity etc from the WAG and shortage of time to get them done and out to everyone as a result. Also, the club have made no such announcement about mobile tickets and the OP is extremely misleading, possibly deliberately to cause confusion. Tickets have always been available to get via a mobile as well. Anyone without a smart phone can also get paper tickets. You are making a massive mountain out of a very small mole hill, as usual.
    I was told (from the ticket office) that it would be 3 or 4 games in before we had the cards

BTW yes we can get paper tickets but have to pay more - if you're taking 2 kids that's quite a bit over 4 games

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I'm not angry at all.

If it is coming across that way it isn't accurate.

I just feel the club should announce something. Silence is not the way to treat fans who have coughed up their hard earned.
    It is also shoddy to say new cards would be sent and then it not to happen.

It is what it is. We'll see what they say in the next few days.
    When did the club say that cards would be sent? I have had nothing from the club saying that, just people on here saying it. For all I know they are going to add this seasons ticket to the last card I had.

Has anyone actually read the term and conditions regarding purchasing a season ticket?

They do include the option of downloading a season ticket access card to a compatible phone, so why the furore and why the assumption from some that this is the only means getting into games?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Has anyone actually read the term and conditions regarding purchasing a season ticket?

They do include the option of downloading a season ticket access card to a compatible phone, so why the furore and why the assumption from some that this is the only means getting into games?
    Cos its a way to moan.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Cos its a way to moan.
    and we all like a good moan, regardless of the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    and we all like a good moan, regardless of the facts.
    Its human nature.

Its human nature.
    Not if they're posted using an Android

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Not if they're posted using an Android
    I love my Chinese spy phone

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post

It does, but there are accessibility problems and I can understand many people's concerns. I mentioned the website being a problem. But it's clear that communication on the website is a problem too.

From a design point of view, it's poor that this is only cited on the T&Cs and isn't just automatically loaded on the App without the person or persons shelling out hundreds of pounds upfront (that's a personal view).

The real assumption is that the club operates their own website - they don't. It's operated through EFL Digital who run 46 club's digital services across the EFL (Registered address, surprise, surprise, The EFL, Preston). The websites are all generic. The truth is, they aren't that great at design. For example, they make a big thing re. their accessibility options on their sites but then regularly f*ck up their webpages such as uploading PDF document pages with graphics embedded. This means that if you try to enlarge the information, it's even more blurred than it started off and for a lot of people is unreadable - therefore inaccessible.

The irony is - they do it on the EFL Digital website too!

They're also responsible for the iFollow App. The problem there is that the iFollow App in iOS is really, really bad (don't take my view for this, read the App store). What it does is regularly kick a user out of the App back to the browser and that's where the real fun (nightmares) begin as there are massive password problems (on iOS for example it'll assume you don't have an account, especially when there's a security update - so you can't access it). I've never successfully streamed on iFollow for all kinds of reasons using iOS (and I know my way around as I'm on the game-developer program).

The thing is, CCFC is not the culprit when it comes to their IT - it's subcontracted. I don't know how easy it is for anyone to update the club website but I can work out that the format and web structure are not that user-friendly - especially re. accessibility.

Just to add, I mentioned in an earlier post about the plastic season tickets not working a while ago. It was the 17/18 season. They were late being sent out and there were problems with the company that supplied them. For about 6 matches they sent out paper tickets at no charge, something I think they should do now.

If anyone wants to know more about EFL Digital and their fingers in the football pie - just iFollow the money.

I love my Chinese spy phone
    They know you do!

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Don't joke. Going back about 15 years, there were some identical twins living not too far away from us who were always in trouble with the police. To avoid being identified for a crime, they burnt off their fingerprints and wore the same clothes. When it was pointed out one of them had chipped front teeth as a distinguishing feature, the other took a hammer and chisel to his brother's teeth and knocked them out as best he could to look the same. There were times when the local police had no idea which one they had arrested or which one of the twins they were banging up.
    Sorry, I missed this earlier. I don't know what to say! That's incredible - and horrific!

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    When did the club say that cards would be sent? I have had nothing from the club saying that, just people on here saying it. For all I know they are going to add this seasons ticket to the last card I had.
    Actually I don't think the club have stated this. Although , like a poster above, I was told by someone at the club that new cards are being done, and that paper tickets would be issued for the first game. Beyond then I have no idea what will happen. But reading this thread I am not sure if what the OP says is correct.

Also they have had little time to prepare, normally season tickets are announced sometime around April, whereas they only went on sale in July this year.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Actually I don't think the club have stated this. Although , like a poster above, I was told by someone at the club that new cards are being done, and that paper tickets would be issued for the first game. Beyond then I have no idea what will happen. But reading this thread I am not sure if what the OP says is correct.

Also they have had little time to prepare, normally season tickets are announced sometime around April, whereas they only went on sale in July this year.
    On renewal, it clearly stated online that new cards were being sent out. If this was not the case, why would they be going to all the trouble of providing tickets for the game via a link being sent out by email/sms or that paper tickets would be sent out ? The club have now confirmed the process for getting the tickets and the OP appears to have ‘jumped the gun’ - all existing season ticket holders will be getting a link from the club for digital tickets or paper tickets in the post. There appears no need to follow the complicated procedure outlined in the OP.

On renewal, it clearly stated online that new cards were being sent out. If this was not the case, why would they be going to all the trouble of providing tickets for the game via a link being sent out by email/sms or that paper tickets would be sent out ? The club have now confirmed the process for getting the tickets and the OP appears to have ‘jumped the gun’ - all existing season ticket holders will be getting a link from the club for digital tickets or paper tickets in the post. There appears no need to follow the complicated procedure outlined in the OP.
    So, unless you follow the process outlined by the OP, thousands of ST "holders" will not know how to download an eticket until the club deem to text and/or email them a link? And as for sending tickets in the post....the match is on Saturday. I've had no communication from the club, there is nothing in the News section on the club website....just grateful for help on this board. I now have an eticket on my phone and am looking forward to a welcoming "beep" as I stick my phone in the scanner, wiggle it about a bit and gain entry to see us beat Barnsley 5 nil.

So, unless you follow the process outlined by the OP, thousands of ST "holders" will not know how to download an eticket until the club deem to text and/or email them a link? And as for sending tickets in the post....the match is on Saturday. I've had no communication from the club, there is nothing in the News section on the club website....just grateful for help on this board. I now have an eticket on my phone and am looking forward to a welcoming "beep" as I stick my phone in the scanner, wiggle it about a bit and gain entry to see us beat Barnsley 5 nil.
    You don't have to download the ticket, just click on the link in the email/message and it will appear. No need to follow the steps outlined in the OP although that would take you to the right place as well - eventually. The measures are now clearly laid out on the club website or via the app. Anyone not having email or phone details on their bluebirds account will get a paper ticket in post - plenty of time for that by Saturday. I would recommend taking a screenshot of the ticket and save it on the phone, in case wifi is poor at the ground.

Was gonna go old skool sausage mash and gravy. You've got me thinking now.. Stew ain't too heavy to eat later on after a big dinner already hmmm
    Meat free ?

You don't have to download the ticket, just click on the link in the email/message and it will appear. No need to follow the steps outlined in the OP although that would take you to the right place as well - eventually. The measures are now clearly laid out on the club website or via the app. Anyone not having email or phone details on their bluebirds account will get a paper ticket in post - plenty of time for that by Saturday. I would recommend taking a screenshot of the ticket and save it on the phone, in case wifi is poor at the ground.
    Can't see anything on the club website and not had a message/text with the ticket link unless following the OPs process. Barnsley ticket, as always with etickets, screenshotted and will have a paper copy printed off in reserve.
    Update: just had an email to say the club will be sending out a text/email message with a link to Saturday's ticket. Probably the most convoluted way of doing things by the club (or their IT partner). Other clubs, buy an eticket...it arrives. Job done. Only at City.....
    Last edited by IanD; 02-08-21 at 17:51. Reason: Update

well, I've had an email telling me that they're going to send me an email (or SMS) with my ticket attached, but no sign of it as yet. Maybe the first one was just a tester..

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    well, I've had an email telling me that they're going to send me an email (or SMS) with my ticket attached, but no sign of it as yet. Maybe the first one was just a tester..
    me too 30 minutes ago

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    me too 30 minutes ago
    I reckon this email is confusing.I had the same email at 4.09 today.
    you may have to log in to your account and action the sms .I think,
    Ive managed to get a sms for the barnsley game and also my season ticket sms ,Which one do I use saturday,who knows.
    Its a complete and utter cock up.

I'll give them till tomorrow pm, then try it via the website.

Can't see anything on the club website and not had a message/text with the ticket link unless following the OPs process. Barnsley ticket, as always with etickets, screenshotted and will have a paper copy printed off in reserve.
    Update: just had an email to say the club will be sending out a text/email message with a link to Saturday's ticket. Probably the most convoluted way of doing things by the club (or their IT partner). Other clubs, buy an eticket...it arrives. Job done. Only at City.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    me too 30 minutes ago
    Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    I reckon this email is confusing.I had the same email at 4.09 today.
    you may have to log in to your account and action the sms .I think,
    Ive managed to get a sms for the barnsley game and also my season ticket sms ,Which one do I use saturday,who knows.
    Its a complete and utter cock up.
    I'll give them till tomorrow pm, then try it via the website.

My own personal opinion and it's totally my own, not based on anything apart from what's gone on these last few days , is the club want to "GO COMPLETELY DIGITAL", eliminating fan contact with the club completely.
    I believe they are testing the water, before diving in.