+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Digital ticket Barnsley

Re: Digital ticket Barnsley

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    In all honesty, how employed are people in the ticket office? I used to go in occasionally and they'd be sat around looking bored. The club is skint, it has to look at cost effective ways of doing things surely?
    You’re a charmer aren’t you. An organisation that is paying a fair few employees thousands of pounds per week should get rid of the handful on a minimum wage because some one who used to go in occasionally caught them sitting around looking bored. In the big picture the wage these low earners are on is a drop in the ocean. I s’pose you’d sack most of the bus drivers because many buses go around nigh on empty.

‘Salt o’ the Earth’ bus organisers prefer cash, not card or phone payments…know what I mean ;)

Has anyone been sent an email/text with the digital ticket yet?

No. Neither has anything arrived after doing the pallava from the OP.

I've downloaded my ticket onto my phone. Not quite sure how I did it but I did. And this morning I've downloaded my elderly mates ticket also onto my phone. I'm not sure how we get through the turnstile as its probably not the easiest thing to pass the phone back to outside I would have thought given the size of the turnstile arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    I've downloaded my ticket onto my phone. Not quite sure how I did it but I did. And this morning I've downloaded my elderly mates ticket also onto my phone. I'm not sure how we get through the turnstile as its probably not the easiest thing to pass the phone back to outside I would have thought given the size of the turnstile arms.

THIS IS GOING TO BE FUN ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    As soon as it beeps, goes green whatever just pass it back then quickly proceed through the turnstiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    No. Neither has anything arrived after doing the pallava from the OP.
    It wouldn't - if you did ‘the pallava from the OP’ your ticket will be on your phone !

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    It wouldn't - if you did ‘the pallava from the OP’ your ticket will be on your phone !
    That’s what I meant. It said ‘sent’ in green but it ain’t on the wallet or text.

Bit of a farce all this, but I'll give the club the benefit of the doubt with Covid.

I'd rather a proper ticket too, as this is a very symbolic event for many of us. I hate the digital only stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    That’s what I meant. It said ‘sent’ in green but it ain’t on the wallet or text.
    I think you have done something wrong. You should be able to click on a link that shows you the actual ticket on your screen, not get a link sent to your phone.

I think you have done something wrong. You should be able to click on a link that shows you the actual ticket on your screen, not get a link sent to your phone.
    After trying again I somehow discovered the ticket and managed to download. Not sure I can explain how but done now.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Bit of a farce all this, but I'll give the club the benefit of the doubt with Covid.

I'd rather a proper ticket too, as this is a very symbolic event for many of us. I hate the digital only stuff.

I never thought of it in that respect, but you are totally right.

After 18 months away, us technophobes have a bit of history to keep, in the shape of a paper ticket.

Anyone wanna buy one, I got 5

My email has now come through and it says that the link only works on a smart phone. I have a smart phone, but my brother does not. I assume that I will have to have them both on my phone and set it up for him to go through and then get him to hand the phone back to me. Good job we use the same gate.

Just received email with link and ticket downloaded. Easy!

Here's a twist. Just had a call from the Club Ticket Office saying that both mine and my wife's season ticket seats will need to be moved across 10 seats as we're in a Red Zone and according to restrictions (so there are still some) we are too close to our players (we're front row Grandstand). The person was really apologetic and helpful and I was very pleased to be told before getting to the ground on Saturday. The same may well happen for the Millwall match apparently.

So, this means we have to collect our paper tickets on Saturday. I'm so pleased they called.

Just to add, they stressed that our seats are still ours and we can go back when restrictions are lifted.

Just had link from club via e-mail and accessed ticket. Just remember that wifi is not good around the ground which could cause problems accessing the ticket at the gate. I have therefore screen shotted the ticket to my photos file, so I can open it even without any wifi service.

Yep got mine too.

Just remember to turn your brightness up, my phone auto adjusts it and have had countless times where I've had to increase the screen brightness for the qr code or barcode to work.

Just had link from club via e-mail and accessed ticket. Just remember that wifi is not good around the ground which could cause problems accessing the ticket at the gate. I have therefore screen shotted the ticket to my photos file, so I can open it even without any wifi service.

I hope all you lot p!ssing about with phones, make way for us easy peasy show your paper ticket fans

I did exactly this for both friendlies. The screenshot worked fine for the Southampton game, but not initially for the Newport game. One of the stewards had to help out.....randomly by turning my phone back-to-front so that the picture was facing away from the scanner. It then worked, so I'll do the same for Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    I did exactly this for both friendlies. The screenshot worked fine for the Southampton game, but not initially for the Newport game. One of the stewards had to help out.....randomly by turning my phone back-to-front so that the picture was facing away from the scanner. It then worked, so I'll do the same for Saturday.
    It might depend what type of digital ticket people have. If its a barcode it normally needs to be facing upwards inside the scanner opening to be read by the light but if its in apple wallet or similar, it can normally be read by holding against the outside lights on the scanner front.Think I will be getting there early !!

It might depend what type of digital ticket people have. If its a barcode it normally needs to be facing upwards inside the scanner opening to be read by the light but if its in apple wallet or similar, it can normally be read by holding against the outside lights on the scanner front.Think I will be getting there EARLY !!

I'm staying in the pub till 2.40pm

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I'm staying in the pub till 2.40pm
    This shows a lot of faith that the people in front of you will all have entered seamlessly with their digital tickets, good for you for coming round

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    This shows a lot of faith that the people in front of you will all have entered seamlessly with their digital tickets, good for you for coming round

Na, it's just that I don't wanna stand there saying "I told you so"

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Na, it's just that I don't wanna stand there saying "I told you so"
    But if you're right and it is chaos (and I do think it'll be messy) and you leave the pub at 1440 then you'll be holding your paper tickets at the back of a queue of hundreds at 1500