+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Digital ticket Barnsley

Re: Digital ticket Barnsley

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    But if you're right and it is chaos (and I do think it'll be messy) and you leave the pub at 1440 then you'll be holding your paper tickets at the back of a queue, LAUGHING MY TITS OFF at hundreds at 1500

Given that we probably have thousands of older fans, including myself, who are not particularly familiar with technology how the heck does the club expect us oldies to attend matches? What probably started off as a cost saving initiative will probably end up costing the club a fortune in lost revenue. For the first time in 63 years I can't envisage me attending any matches this season if the club issues only digital tickets? Does anyone know if this digital ticket fiasco is applicable for individual matches or is it only for season tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Given that we probably have thousands of older fans, including myself, who are not particularly familiar with technology how the heck does the club expect us oldies to attend matches? What probably started off as a cost saving initiative will probably end up costing the club a fortune in lost revenue. For the first time in 63 years I can't envisage me attending any matches this season if the club issues only digital tickets? Does anyone know if this digital ticket fiasco is applicable for individual matches or is it only for season tickets?
    I think it is only for the Barnsley game.

My email contains the following statement
    Please note that this digital ticket is only for the Barnsley Game and you will have your season ticket cards posted to you, ready for the Millwall game on the 21st August.

Okay, you may recall I decided to give the club a couple of days to make good on their promise to text or email me with ticket details. Well, my nerve cracked yesterday, and I went online, and eventually managed to secure my ticket, on my phone.
    Today, I get an email and a text from the club. So, they did leave it a bit late, but they delivered. So well done, City. Cutting a bit fine, perhaps. Leaving a lot of people in the dark, definitely. But they got there in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    But you'll be no better off than them. Worse in fact because they'll be in front of you. Also it wouldn't be their fault. Odd behaviour.

But you'll be no better off than them. Worse in fact because they'll be in front of you. Also it wouldn't be their fault. Odd behaviour.

Never in a hurry me life’s to short to worry about queues.

There’s always light at the end of the tunnel

Or the letter ‘o’

So just to be clear:

You're going to leave the pub at 1440, getting to the ground about 1450, if there's a massive queue of people in front of you struggling with the digital tickets you won't mind at all missing the start of the first game for 18 months and will happily queue behind them all laughing hysterically because you've got a paper ticket.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Sorry but thats a total over reaction to a very complicated situation for fans and the club. I don't think it is asking too much for fans to put themselves out a bit for the first couple of home games bearing in mind the Covid situation and the pressures the club has been under.

So just to be clear:

You're going to leave the pub at 1440, getting to the ground about 1450, if there's a massive queue of people in front of you struggling with the digital tickets you won't mind at all missing the start of the first game for 18 months and will happily queue behind them all laughing hysterically because you've got a paper ticket.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

I don't queue at bars and I avoid queues at football grounds.

Wouldn't be surprised if the KO is delayed.

Well I went on CCFC site, and tried to get a ticket sent by SMS to my phone....and nothing, no texts. So i now have to spend my Friday trying to contact the club.

I don't queue at bars and I avoid queues at football grounds.

Wouldn't be surprised if the KO is delayed.
    KO won't be delayed, if people have managed to get the ticket on their phone they should manage the bit where they beep it against a scanner.

I really want to ask what your plan is if you do turn up at 1450 and there is a queue, being that you avoid them.

But I won't

KO won't be delayed, if people have managed to get the ticket on their phone they should manage the bit where they beep it against a scanner.

I really want to ask what your plan is if you do turn up at 1450 and there is a queue, being that you avoid them.

But I won't
    I'll just stand around and people watch.

I'll just stand around and people watch.
    I hate to tell you but if you're standing around peoplewatching until they complete what they're doing then you're queuing

I hate to tell you but if you're standing around peoplewatching until they complete what they're doing then you're queuing
    Not if he isn't in the queue. He could stand to one side and watch, then approach the turnstiles when the queue has gone.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Not if he isn't in the queue. He could stand to one side and watch, then approach the turnstiles when the queue has gone.
    So he's standing there watching and waiting for the people in front of him to clear because he has to wait his turn. Then when they've cleared he can proceed. But he's not queuing because he's stood to one side

Never realized I cared about the semantics of queuing so much but here we are

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Thank you, you explained it much better than I would have

he didn't have his own bank card?

But you'll start 6738 threada about the ticket office, Internet, digital tickets etc.

Yeah, life's too short eh.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    But you'll start 6738 threada about the ticket office, Internet, digital tickets etc.

Yeah, life's too short eh.
    Don't forget Castle Street and Bins

Goodnight, off to bed now.

Don't forget Castle Street and Bins

Goodnight, off to bed now.
    You'll be awake in 3 and a half hours wondering what happened to the milk man and paper boy. How on earth do we survive with that huge change.

It will be nice to insert. I haven't done that in ages.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    You'll be awake in 3 and a half hours wondering what happened to the milk man and paper boy. How on earth do we survive with that huge change.

One and a half hours, I’ll have you know

One and a half hours, I’ll have you know
    Have you got over the withdrawal of the one pound note yet Tony or does that still irk you?