+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Digital ticket Barnsley

Re: Digital ticket Barnsley

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    How long before microchipping humans catches on? Just load your ticket on that...no need for paper tickets or a phone.
    Fingerprints will probably suffice. Just as they do with many mobile phone apps.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Your first paragraph is correct, we should have the choice as paying fans (I still say fans or supporters despite the club treating us as ‘customers’, a horrible description of a football supporter). I’d imagine we’ve got ‘belt and bracers’ fans as well, if a paper ticket or card was made available they’d get that as well as having it on their ‘phone as a failsafe. Before flying I also print off my boarding passes even though they’re on my ‘phone in an email or on the flight company’s app etc, it’s just me covering all bases, long delay at the airport, ‘phone battery dying etc. Imagine that happening when arriving at the turnstiles, battery gone, you’ve lost your ‘phone or even absentmindedly left it at home. Give the fans what they want, every option, within reason, and we’d be a much happier club
    I agree that hard copy is a good idea if your phone fails but I often take screenshots of tickets rather than to access emails.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Your first paragraph is correct, we should have the choice as paying fans (I still say fans or supporters despite the club treating us as ‘customers’, a horrible description of a football supporter). I’d imagine we’ve got ‘belt and bracers’ fans as well, if a paper ticket or card was made available they’d get that as well as having it on their ‘phone as a failsafe. Before flying I also print off my boarding passes even though they’re on my ‘phone in an email or on the flight company’s app etc, it’s just me covering all bases, long delay at the airport, ‘phone battery dying etc. Imagine that happening when arriving at the turnstiles, battery gone, you’ve lost your ‘phone or even absentmindedly left it at home. Give the fans what they want, every option, within reason, and we’d be a much happier club
    100% Mr P. Choice. Options. Make it easy and cover all bases. I'm big on accessible options (and not charging stupid prices for offering hard copies) and you're right about the battery dying. Nightmare scenario.

A few seasons ago both mine and my wife's season tickets were flakey whenever we went to a match. The dreaded, 'computer says no'. Sometimes both of ours, sometimes just one which would prevent us from entering. For big matches, there was a queue and we'd then have to go to the ticket office and get it sorted. No one at the gate could let us in. It caused big problems for me as my wife is my carer so both of us had to fight our way through the crowds (me on crutches). Small things can significantly help those who need them as not all severely disabled people are in wheelchairs or look disabled.

And yup, we're supporters first and foremost and football clubs are now in the habit of exploiting our loyalty.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Season ticket holders available now
    BLUEBIRDSACCOUNT
    TRANSACTIONS
    Last transaction
    Click on the amount you paid for season ticket
    it should have complete in green
    Transaction details #
    Scroll down
    Go to card. Then mobile virtual card
    Enter mobile no send sms
    So they text you a link to a barcode on a web page. And that seems to be the whole season ticket.

Would need to open that link on a game by game basis. I do like to have my card on me as it feels like a ticket rather than relying totally on the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Fingerprints will probably suffice. Just as they do with many mobile phone apps.
    Seriously great idea. That would be amazing. I use my fingerprint option as well as face and voice recognition all the time for all tech every day. It makes my life so much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Bit a bit grisly if you want to swap Hull 'finger' stubs

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Seriously great idea. That would be amazing. I use my fingerprint option as well as face and voice recognition all the time for all tech every day. It makes my life so much easier.
    Slight problem with that....fingerprints don't store information. Plus, having done a fair bit of building work in the garden, my fingerprints are non existent (to the point where they are no longer recognisable on my phone after several reset attempts). PIN it is for now.
    We used to pay for food using fingerprint technology at work. A) the fingerprint recognition device had to be cleaned after every user (pre Covid) slowing down payments B) it was easy to sneak in price rises without you noticing C) you had to queue to add money to your account and it was easy to get caught out with no positive balance left to pay with. Chances are that had been superceded by online payments now, I hope. Chips are the way forward. Quicker than fingerprints and can store much more data. Never lose your passport/ST/airline/train/gig ticket etc again.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    So they text you a link to a barcode on a web page. And that seems to be the whole season ticket.

Would need to open that link on a game by game basis. I do like to have my card on me as it feels like a ticket rather than relying totally on the phone.
    further to that via the app it looks like it will be downloadable and not just a link.

Corky says announcement on tickets expected tomorrow. So don't panic (yet)

Why the club who fail time and again to get the basics right have decided on this method of ticketing is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Why the club who fail time and again to get the basics right have decided on this method of ticketing is beyond me.
    Not much isn't beyone you, to be fair.

Slight problem with that....fingerprints don't store information. Plus, having done a fair bit of building work in the garden, my fingerprints are non existent (to the point where they are no longer recognisable on my phone after several reset attempts). PIN it is for now.
    We used to pay for food using fingerprint technology at work. A) the fingerprint recognition device had to be cleaned after every user (pre Covid) slowing down payments B) it was easy to sneak in price rises without you noticing C) you had to queue to add money to your account and it was easy to get caught out with no positive balance left to pay with. Chances are that had been superceded by online payments now, I hope. Chips are the way forward. Quicker than fingerprints and can store much more data. Never lose your passport/ST/airline/train/gig ticket etc again.
    Good points. Definitely problems with that option for multiple users.

BTW If your fingerprints are no longer recognisable, I know someone who knows someone’s cousin down the pub who may have a job for you! 😉😎

Thanks for that Dembe. Nice one.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Not much isn't beyone you, to be fair.
    I suppose you'll say that a club taking thousands of pounds from fans and not one of them fans knowing the slightest bit of what is going on 6 days before the day of the first game is fine?

I suppose you'll say that a club taking thousands of pounds from fans and not one of them fans knowing the slightest bit of what is going on 6 days before the day of the first game is fine?
    It was intended as a joke. Laugh, don't laugh, I dunno.

It was intended as a joke. Laugh, don't laugh, I dunno.
    Side splitter.

Need to remember that gem for social gatherings.

Side splitter.

Need to remember that gem for social gatherings.
    I suggest you stay at home and don't spoil them for everyone else, in this kind of mood.

Let's leave it there now and not let a harmless comment turn into Internet warfare just because you took a comment thr wrong way. There's a good lad.

I suggest you stay at home and don't spoil them for everyone else, in this kind of mood.

Let's leave it there now and not let a harmless comment turn into Internet warfare just because you took a comment thr wrong way. There's a good lad.
    Oh sorry lad.

King of ccmb reigns supreme.

Oh sorry lad.

King of ccmb reigns supreme.
    All adults on here ain't we.

Jesus wept. All this from a harmless comment

All adults on here ain't we.

Jesus wept. All this from a harmless comment
    All what? 😄

I'm not the one threatening Internet war over a few forum posts.

Go bother your usual foes.

I must remember to threaten somebody with Internet warfare next time I'm being the responsible adult.

Now that is funny.

I don't have any foes. Just another few soft lads like you that take things thw wrong way.

Don't recall threatening Internet warfare either, perhaps you struggle with reading.

Please, for your own sake just leave it there, you're going further into the menstrual cycle with every reply.

If an electronic fingerprint can open an app it can open a turnstile - and such a system is already in use by some employers to determine who is on site and 'clocked in'.

I don't have any foes. Just another few soft lads like you that take things thw wrong way.

Don't recall threatening Internet warfare either, perhaps you struggle with reading.

Please, for your own sake just leave it there, you're going further into the menstrual cycle with every reply.
    Accusing me of struggling reading after typing thw. 😄

Nice one. Have a nice day. Thanks for your input.

Accusing me of struggling reading after typing thw. 😄

Nice one. Have a nice day. Thanks for your input.
    Ones reading, ones writing (typing)

Here to help.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Laptop and iphone.

What's that got to do with the price of fish.

Just cause people got 'um, don't mean we know how to use 'um.
    Whose faults is that ? The clubs ? Don't think so.