+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Digital ticket Barnsley

Re: Digital ticket Barnsley

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    My own personal opinion and it's totally my own, not based on anything apart from what's gone on these last few days , is the club want to "GO COMPLETELY DIGITAL", eliminating fan contact with the club completely.
    I believe they are testing the water, before diving in.
    Did you miss this bit in the email? You'll be able to phone them tomorrow.

"We appreciate that some supporters may wish to maintain a social distance, and to facilitate this the Club will open Level 5 of the Grandstand, where social distancing will be observed. Please select the relevant block whilst using the online system. Season Ticket Holders who wish to move into this area can do so by contacting the Ticket Office either via email at tickets@cardiffcityfc.co.uk or via phone on 033 33 11 1920 (phone lines open from 10am on Tuesday)."

and
    "Supporters without an email address or phone number on the Ticket Office system will receive a paper ticket via post."

So not completely digital.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post

"We appreciate that some supporters may wish to maintain a social distance, and to facilitate this the Club will open Level 5 of the Grandstand, where social distancing will be observed. Please select the relevant block whilst using the online system. Season Ticket Holders who wish to move into this area can do so by contacting the Ticket Office either via email at tickets@cardiffcityfc.co.uk or via phone on 033 33 11 1920 (phone lines open from 10am on Tuesday)."

Testing the water for the future, not now this instant.

They've used excuse after excuse,, these past weeks, not to open the ticket office and make life easier for their CUSTOMERS.

It's our money, they should be open like every other business

My own personal opinion and it's totally my own, not based on anything apart from what's gone on these last few days , is the club want to "GO COMPLETELY DIGITAL", eliminating fan contact with the club completely.
    I believe they are testing the water, before diving in.
    When you see some of our fans it's hard to blame them

They've used excuse after excuse,, these past weeks, not to open the ticket office and make life easier for their CUSTOMERS.

I think you need to borrow a tinfoil hat from Mrs Steve R 😂😂

and
    "Supporters without an email address or phone number on the Ticket Office system will receive a paper ticket via post."

So not completely digital.
    So…just delete your e Mail and phone number from your account details, and they’ll send you a paper ticket…sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Season ticket holders available now
    BLUEBIRDSACCOUNT
    TRANSACTIONS
    Last transaction
    Click on the amount you paid for season ticket
    it should have complete in green
    Transaction details #
    Scroll down
    Go to card. Then mobile virtual card
    Enter mobile no send sms
    I just followed these instructions and managed it. No idea if it'll work though.

I'm presuming that you stick the end of your phone screen that has the barcode on it in the scanner that usually takes your season ticket. Am I right - if so seems a bit odd that not that long ago we were told to wipe down our shopping and letters, but now encouraged to stick out phone in a orifice that may have had 1000 other phones shoved in before.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Meat free ?
    Yes Jimmy the cauldron ones mentioned in another thread. Not tried them yet had a busy few days (OK I've been drinking)

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    So…just delete your e Mail and phone number from your account details, and they’ll send you a paper ticket…sorted.
    I bet it won't let you. I expect the only way you could be on the system without an email address would be to get on the system by visiting the ticket office and buying a ticket in person.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby_The_Bhoy View Post
    I think you need to borrow a tinfoil hat from Mrs Steve R ����
    Dunno, makes perfect sense to me....pilot it, see how it works and then massively scale down the ticket office if successful

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    I reckon this email is confusing.I had the same email at 4.09 today.
    you may have to log in to your account and action the sms .I think,
    Ive managed to get a sms for the barnsley game and also my season ticket sms ,Which one do I use saturday,who knows.
    Its a complete and utter cock up.
    If its a season ticket sms why wouldn't you use it Saturday.. For a season game?

Not purposely being a dick here, as I don't have a ST now since NW put the final screw in my daughters brief love affair with the city... Her eyes could not bleed no more.. But the wording suggests it's a ST so?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I just followed these instructions and managed it. No idea if it'll work though.

I'm presuming that you stick the end of your phone screen that has the barcode on it in the scanner that usually takes your season ticket. Am I right - if so seems a bit odd that not that long ago we were told to wipe down our shopping and letters, but now encouraged to stick out phone in a orifice that may have had 1000 other phones shoved in before.
    Use your hand gel after taking it out.

Your phone like your money is probably more filthy than covid itself.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    When you see some of our fans it's hard to blame them
    Can I vote this my post of the year. Thanks Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Use your hand gel after taking it out.

Your phone like your money is probably more filthy than covid itself.
    They might have different scanners now, I went to the Wales Albania game with my QR code and I can't remember putting my phone in anywhere.

Although to be fair it was the first football match I'd been to with my mates for about a year so I wouldn't take any of this as gospel

fastshow1.JPG.gallery.jpg

They might have different scanners now, I went to the Wales Albania game with my QR code and I can't remember putting my phone in anywhere.

Although to be fair it was the first football match I'd been to with my mates for about a year so I wouldn't take any of this as gospel
    I went to the Southampton friendly with a ticket on my phone. I had to insert the phone where I would normally insert my season ticket card.

fastshow1.JPG.gallery.jpg
    Ccfcwelshlad mentioned a contactless method.. Just open the ticket on the phone and tap like you would to pay for goods.

Didn't read further in the thread to see if it was a wind up or not, incase I missed the whoosh.

I went to the Southampton friendly with a ticket on my phone. I had to insert the phone where I would normally insert my season ticket card.
    I'd believe this guy over me lads.

On a positive note it'll make the entry to the ground a bit more exciting, it'll be like that game Operation just you have to try and get the phone in and out without touching the sides

On the turnstile ticket facia, just above the slot where you insert a ticket, there's a large illuminated "Bluetooth" symbol, just tap and go as with GPAY etc.

Ccfcwelshlad mentioned a contactless method.. Just open the ticket on the phone and tap like you would to pay for goods.

Didn't read further in the thread to see if it was a wind up or not, incase I missed the whoosh.
    No Whoosh!

Dependent on how you downloaded your ticket you may end up with a barcode.. if so you put phone in the reader and scan as you would for a paper ticket. If using NFC then you just tap the phone to the reader instead. Each NFC ticket on google pay, has a barcode also if you press show code; though I'm sure club will encourage using the tap and go option as it should be quicker for people to use.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    No Whoosh!

Dependent on how you downloaded your ticket you may end up with a barcode.. if so you put phone in the reader and scan as you would for a paper ticket. If using NFC then you just tap the phone to the reader instead. Each NFC ticket on google pay, has a barcode also if you press show code; though I'm sure club will encourage using the tap and go option as it should be quicker for people to use.
    Just don't hand your phone to one of the stewards as they might tear the bottom of it off and hand it back to you.

No Whoosh!

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Just don't hand your phone to one of the stewards as they might tear the bottom of it off and hand it back to you.

I can see mayhem on Saturday, at the turnstiles

No Whoosh!

Excellent.

So taking away human error, the system shouldn't really have any hold ups and won't see a backlog of queues like its been suggested by some technophobes.

I can see mayhem on Saturday, at the turnstiles
    Straight after posting my reply I read this

Moany Tony

Straight after posting my reply I read this

Moany Tony
    If I'm not moaning, I'm not happy

Do you agree, that there will be problems Saturday

If I'm not moaning, I'm not happy

Do you agree, that there will be problems Saturday
    As I said above, unless counting for human error I can't see how there would be any issues when ALL you have to do is scan a barcode (same as paper ticket or card people will be familiar with it) or tap the NFC like using contactless payment (people will be familiar with)

They are open. As can be seen by the fact tickets are being sold and bought. They have also been hit hard by covid. Why employ a team in a ticket office that could, at any moment, become inactive because the pandemic has taken a turn for the worse?

The majority of people have been buying tickets online/remotely for years anyway. It's only Mr and Mrs Triceratops of 4 Bedrock Avenue who need to do this physically and in person.

It's the way things are heading. It's a cheaper and more effective way to handle things. It is completely crazy to employ people who are sat doing very little for all bar the odd big game.