+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New owners ?

Re: New owners ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Genuine classic. Should be a sticky.

��������������
    Wasn’t Ronnie suspected to be a peg dweller from the western provinces anyway?

Well you know itís not an unreasonable fear.
    Of course I hope this squad can work , and itís possible. Thing we risk ignoring though is that there are a LOT of unproven and very young players and IF they canít manage then thereís no Plan B. We canít buy anyone till January and itís not as if weíve taken the precaution of hanging on to players like Sol and Junior Hoilett etc who could have stepped in to halt any meltdown.

This is like a long road trip without a spare tyre.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Well you know it’s not an unreasonable fear.
    Of course I hope this squad can work , and it’s possible. Thing we risk ignoring though is that there are a LOT of unproven and very young players and IF they can’t manage then there’s no Plan B. We can’t buy anyone till January and it’s not as if we’ve taken the precaution of hanging on to players like Sol and Junior Hoilett etc who could have stepped in to halt any meltdown.

Judging from responses so far, no-one else has such a fear.

Well you know itís not an unreasonable fear.
    Of course I hope this squad can work , and itís possible. Thing we risk ignoring though is that there are a LOT of unproven and very young players and IF they canít manage then thereís no Plan B. We canít buy anyone till January and itís not as if weíve taken the precaution of hanging on to players like Sol and Junior Hoilett etc who could have stepped in to halt any meltdown.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

That's a shame it's bullshit: I was getting excited about the prospect of Tan selling up.

Well you know it’s not an unreasonable fear.
    Of course I hope this squad can work , and it’s possible. Thing we risk ignoring though is that there are a LOT of unproven and very young players and IF they can’t manage then there’s no Plan B. We can’t buy anyone till January and it’s not as if we’ve taken the precaution of hanging on to players like Sol and Junior Hoilett etc who could have stepped in to halt any meltdown.

Who are the “very young” players you expect to be in the starting line up next week? It looks like Bagan will be, but who else? Giles is only twenty, but played a season in the Championship last year. After years of giving young players no chance at all, City have become like nearly every other club in that they have a core of four or five young pros who might see some first team action if we’re nit by injuries, illness and/or suspensions.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    A fit Tomlin playing like he did the tail end of the season before last had far more impact than Harry Wilson, I like the club bringing through youth rather than wasting huge sums on madines or glatzelsÖ.he canít keep bank rolling us to the tune he has.
    he didn't have far more impact, he's about the same for goal involvements, and Wilson will probably do it again this season whereas Tomlin is good once in a blue moon.
    Tomlin is a big downgrade from Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    When youíre 13 youíll realise how stupid that post is!

Donít KNOW it at all in fairness. I read it in the Malaysian press whilst trying to trawl for details and background about the new financial guy theyíd appointed.
    According to that the deal included ALL the football clubs he owned. Now it SEEMED like a credible financial newspaper, but of course youíre right it might have been the Malay version of the Sun.
    In other words, you made it up.

If the assembled squad starts getting hammered 5-0 every game, as is quite a possibility to be frank and realistic, then it wonít take Sri Vincent Tan long to start losing most of his considerable investment.

Heís not daft, so whatís happening here ?

Is he perhaps balancing the books as much as possible and minimising further investment because heís already agreed a deal with someone. I know that a big deal on this fell over a little while back, so maybe this explains recent developments?
    Stupidest post I've read in a while to be fair

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Stupidest post I've read in a while to be fair
    Havenít you seen blue lewj's replies to me today?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Haven’t you seen blue lewj's replies to me today?
    blue lewj is just frustrated and putting the cart before the horse a little bit, this is ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Who are the “very young” players you expect to be in the starting line up next week? It looks like Bagan will be, but who else? Giles is only twenty, but played a season in the Championship last year. After years of giving young players no chance at all, City have become like nearly every other club in that they have a core of four or five young pros who might see some first team action if we’re nit by injuries, illness and/or suspensions.
    If that happens there's a very good chance ball retention and playing style will improve.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Havenít you seen blue lewj's replies to me today?
    I havent seen anything close to as stupid as suggesting us getting hammered 5 nil every week is a realistic prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    If that happens there's a very good chance ball retention and playing style will improve.
    I tend to agree, but I thought yesterday was an improvement when it came to keeping the ball and we played fewer long balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    That's a shame it's bullshit: I was getting excited about the prospect of Tan selling up.
    Who will take us over then any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Who will take us over then any ideas?
    They don't care..

Don't have a plan, but also don't care as long as its not Tan. Idiotic really.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    We've signed 4 players this summer (one on loan) which puts us in the top half of most active Championship clubs. Everyone is looking at balancing the books after covid, Fulham aside.

We're finally investing in youth/future of this club so really weird time to want him to go.

How do you know there was a big deal recently that fell through? Seriously, how do you know that?
    He's one if the gullible few who believes anything the club basher says/posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Judging from responses so far, no-one else has such a fear.

I take no pleasure whatever in recalling the evening of the Emiliano Sala tragedy.
    I noticed a French newspaper report of a missing plane en route from Nantes to Wales. Unusual route and knowing that the poor young man was travelling overnight I followed up and was reluctantly convinced VERY early what had happened and to whom.

I posted it sometime between 10pm and midnight on *****’ forum and if it still exists you can probably see the disbelieving and quite nasty tirade I received, which went on for about 24 hours until the dreadful truth emerged.

Point being not that I’m claiming some brilliant insight but that it’s very possible for an apparently unlikely truth to be picked up on correctly. Now I don’t either, for one moment, claim that my speculation on this matter is correct, but I thought Taunton , of all people, would know that a majority of opinion on a factual matter is no indication whatsoever that they have it right.

We censor a bloke from Cardiff’s name ?