+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Terry Cooper R.I.P.

Terry Cooper R.I.P.

Another gone.

Christ I’m counting down now, think the time will be shortly and I’ll be the only f***ker left of my generation, if I last that long.

Re: Terry Cooper R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Another gone.

Christ I’m counting down now, think the time will be shortly and I’ll be the only f***ker left of my generation, if I last that long.
    A lot of people on here will Rest In Conflict when the Grim Reaper calls them up.

Good player,solid fullback. Unfortunately ,part of one of the dirtiest teams ,with a crooked manager, the game has ever known.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Good player,solid fullback. Unfortunately ,part of one of the dirtiest teams ,with a crooked manager, the game has ever known.
    Ain't that the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Ain't that the truth.
    Yes it is and it strikes me that quite a few from that team are no longer with us.

Terry Cooper was one of the Leeds players I had some time for because he wasn’t a clogger and didn’t get involved in the verbal stuff either. The teams he managed used to play quite attacking football as well.

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    RIP obviously, but it seems to be that the grim reaper has chosen under the cover of these pandemic times to bump off a few of that nasty side......... it seems like, or am I imagining that a few of that horrible lot’s team from that time have shuffled off these last couple of years?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    RIP obviously, but it seems to be that the grim reaper has chosen under the cover of these pandemic times to bump off a few of that nasty side......... it seems like, or am I imagining that a few of that horrible lot’s team from that time have shuffled off these last couple of years?
    Sprake, Cooper, Bremner, Charlton, Hunter, Madeley, Lorimer and Cherry all gone with all but Sprake and Bremner in the last few years.

First Team

There were rumours that Sprake was ignored by the rest of the team over an incident at the tail end of his time at Leeds.
    Anyone have an idea if there was any truth to this and if so what happened?

Sprake was never forgiven for going to the press about Revie bribing other teams. This was well after he had left the club. His former team mates totally snubbed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Sprake was never forgiven for going to the press about Revie bribing other teams. This was well after he had left the club. His former team mates totally snubbed him.