+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mark Harris rumour

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Mark Harris rumour

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    I'm wary of keeping a player "just in case" especially when he could get a good run of games elsewhere. If Moore or Collins are ahead of him he's only going to get 10 minutes here and there. If either of those get injured he could still be on the bench and if both are out we could try Davies or Zimba for a while, or recall Harris if needs be.
    On that basis would you loan out either Smithies or Phillips?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    On that basis would you loan out either Smithies or Phillips?
    I think that's a bit different - I'd say Harris is our third choice striker and at 22 needs more game time than he'll get here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    I think that's a bit different - I'd say Harris is our third choice striker and at 22 needs more game time than he'll get here.
    If we are likely to go with a front two, Harris is the next striker in line to start or come off the bench. In other words, he's our second choice striker, with a chance of becoming a regular starter if he does well. While I don't disagree that he needs game time, I think he needs to bide his time with us. I remember when Man Utd had Cole, Yorke, Sheringham and Solskjaer up front. All of them played their part. Sending Harris out on loan would be similar to Fergie sending Solskjaer out on loan.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    If we are likely to go with a front two, Harris is the next striker in line to start or come off the bench. In other words, he's our second choice striker, with a chance of becoming a regular starter if he does well. While I don't disagree that he needs game time, I think he needs to bide his time with us. I remember when Man Utd had Cole, Yorke, Sheringham and Solskjaer up front. All of them played their part. Sending Harris out on loan would be similar to Fergie sending Solskjaer out on loan.
    Yeah, fair enough; we won't know until Moore comes back what the plans are. If it's just one up front then that would make Harris Danny Webber.