+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mark Harris rumour

Mark Harris rumour

Off on loan to Div 1 club.
    May or not be true but I cant make my mind up about him. If he does go, though we will definitely need a replacement as really he is our no3 striker.

Re: Mark Harris rumour

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    May or not be true but I cant make my mind up about him. If he does go, though we will definitely need a replacement as really he is our no3 striker.
    For his development, it's probably best if he goes and plays week in, week out. If he does go, we need to replace him. I think if we can replace him with someone better (now him and Whyte have gone), it should be a positive for him and the club.

Can he play wide ?

He seemed to have established himself as a squad player, he's certainly 3rd choice as Vasell is unreliable. Be an odd one if he goes and will need replacing unless Mick fancies Zimba/Davies?

Good for club and player BUT we can’t afford it unless there’s another striker coming in.

https://the72.co.uk/243525/cardiff-c...leetwood-town/

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/ca...eague-one-duo/

He would hopefully get more playing time at Rotherham or Fleetwood - but as you say he is our third striker now (until Bale turns up!)

The second article quotes Tomlin and Vassell as striker options, meaning we can afford Harris to go out on loan. If only!

I suppose Murphy, Davies and Colwill are also in the mix, but I think Mark Harris would get a fair bit of game time for us this season.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    https://the72.co.uk/243525/cardiff-c...leetwood-town/

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/ca...eague-one-duo/

He would hopefully get more playing time at Rotherham or Fleetwood - but as you say he is our third striker now (until Bale turns up!)

The second article quotes Tomlin and Vassell as striker options, meaning we can afford Harris to go out on loan. If only!

I suppose Murphy, Davies and Colwill are also in the mix, but I think Mark Harris would get a fair bit of game time for us this season.
    Murphy through the middle would be worth a shot

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    He seemed to have established himself as a squad player, he's certainly 3rd choice as Vasell is unreliable. Be an odd one if he goes and will need replacing unless Mick fancies Zimba/Davies?
    The younger lads can probably afford more time being around the squad. Harris is a bit older now and maybe can't afford another season playing bench warmer/part player.

Could be a good thing all round, as said above, and now 2 have gone out maybe we can afford one in.

I dont think this is a good idea. I think he should stay. Think he will get some decent game time with us.

Sometimes I watch him play and think wow he’s our most promising youngster.

Sometimes I watch him play and think wow didn’t know he was playing.

He offers something different. Collins runs his socks off but he’s a work horse and isn’t going to stretch the defence. Ok the level of opposition wasn’t great yesterday but Harris looked very lively.

So what if he’s 3rd in the pecking order. Moore and Collins will get injuries / need a rest and we need options off the bench.

Unless we’ve got someone lined up I just don’t see it.

Should anything be read into Harris being, not for the first time, mentioned almost as an afterthought when he listed his striking options after yesterday’s game? Harris seems to be behind only Moore and Collins in the striking pecking order to me and, as such, would not be a candidate to be loaned surely? However, another thing our manager heavily hinted at was that he sees little need for wingers, so is Josh Murphy going to be used primarily through the middle when he’s fit?

Loaning out Harris would be a mistake as he has proven he can score goals at this level and as we look like we may often play a front two with someone like Tomlin just behind instead of wingers this season we'd need 4 players battling for the front two spots not three and an occasionally fit Vassell.

I'm wary of keeping a player "just in case" especially when he could get a good run of games elsewhere. If Moore or Collins are ahead of him he's only going to get 10 minutes here and there. If either of those get injured he could still be on the bench and if both are out we could try Davies or Zimba for a while, or recall Harris if needs be.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    I'm wary of keeping a player "just in case" especially when he could get a good run of games elsewhere. If Moore or Collins are ahead of him he's only going to get 10 minutes here and there. If either of those get injured he could still be on the bench and if both are out we could try Davies or Zimba for a while, or recall Harris if needs be.
    What he said.

On that basis would you loan out either Smithies or Phillips?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    On that basis would you loan out either Smithies or Phillips?
    I think that's a bit different - I'd say Harris is our third choice striker and at 22 needs more game time than he'll get here.

He's a poor mans Rhys Healey

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Should anything be read into Harris being, not for the first time, mentioned almost as an afterthought when he listed his striking options after yesterday’s game?
    In fairness, McCarthy didn't mention Vassell at all.....

Quote Originally Posted by Butterwick Blue View Post
    He's a poor mans Rhys Healey
    Healey started just three league games for City, scoring one goal.

Harris has already started seven league games and scored three goals.

I think that's a bit different - I'd say Harris is our third choice striker and at 22 needs more game time than he'll get here.
    If we are likely to go with a front two, Harris is the next striker in line to start or come off the bench. In other words, he's our second choice striker, with a chance of becoming a regular starter if he does well. While I don't disagree that he needs game time, I think he needs to bide his time with us. I remember when Man Utd had Cole, Yorke, Sheringham and Solskjaer up front. All of them played their part. Sending Harris out on loan would be similar to Fergie sending Solskjaer out on loan.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    If we are likely to go with a front two, Harris is the next striker in line to start or come off the bench. In other words, he's our second choice striker, with a chance of becoming a regular starter if he does well. While I don't disagree that he needs game time, I think he needs to bide his time with us. I remember when Man Utd had Cole, Yorke, Sheringham and Solskjaer up front. All of them played their part. Sending Harris out on loan would be similar to Fergie sending Solskjaer out on loan.
    Yeah, fair enough; we won't know until Moore comes back what the plans are. If it's just one up front then that would make Harris Danny Webber.

They’ve left number 9 free for a reason. Someone’s coming. Keinan Davis from Villa the rumour

I think if Moore stays theres no striker coming in.

I dont see the point in loaning a striker as 3rd choice and moving Harris out.

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    They’ve left number 9 free for a reason. Someone’s coming. Keinan Davis from Villa the rumour
    That one is bubbling again , rumours that we have signed someone , can't he play wide and midfield ???