+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mark Harris rumour

Re: Mark Harris rumour

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    That one is bubbling again , rumours that we have signed someone , can't he play wide and midfield ???
    Thought it was stoke

I dont believe for 1 minute that weve signed anyone else.

I think its a safe bet that there will be some movement in and out before the window ends though.

Id rather see one of our central midfielders go for a more creative one.

I don't know why we'd be messing about with 3rd choice strikers when we desperately need a creative midfielder

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I don't know why we'd be messing about with 3rd choice strikers when we desperately need a creative midfielder
    We've got Wintle in, and they've got Bacuna, Pack, Vaulks and Ralls. We've got to be able to move them on, and I imagine they're all on good money. I agree we need more but with a limited budget we probably can't carry 6 centre mids!

I think they're going to play Pack and Ralls/Vaulks to start, with Giles and Bacuna in front, and the third striker would be a potential different option. I guess!

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    So they can watch the long ball whistle over their heads ...

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    So they can watch the long ball whistle over their heads ...
    Or get passed out wide, every single play.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We've got Wintle in, and they've got Bacuna, Pack, Vaulks and Ralls. We've got to be able to move them on, and I imagine they're all on good money. I agree we need more but with a limited budget we probably can't carry 6 centre mids!

I think they're going to play Pack and Ralls/Vaulks to start, with Giles and Bacuna in front, and the third striker would be a potential different option. I guess!
    I think Vaulks is suspended for the 1st 3.

Harris certainly knows where the goal is. I’d be pretty miffed if he went out on loan.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I think Vaulks is suspended for the 1st 3.
    Just Barnsley. Sent off against Wycombe, so missed Birmingham and Rotherham.

Also, I mean in general! One of Vaulks and Ralls will play.

Just Barnsley. Sent off against Wycombe, so missed Birmingham and Rotherham.

Also, I mean in general! One of Vaulks and Ralls will play.
    When Mick was talking about centre midfield the other day he said he was well covered in there and will be adding Sam Bowen to the group too. Bowen has been heavily involved pre-season and didnt feature for the Under 23s yesterday so I assume hes now been elevated to the first team squad.

Wintle, Ralls and Vaulks are all very similar. Bowen is more similar to Pack. His passing range is better than any of the senior players. Obviously a big jump up to championship level, maybe a year on loan at league 1 level would be better for his development.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    When Mick was talking about centre midfield the other day he said he was well covered in there and will be adding Sam Bowen to the group too. Bowen has been heavily involved pre-season and didnt feature for the Under 23s yesterday so I assume hes now been elevated to the first team squad.

Wintle, Ralls and Vaulks are all very similar. Bowen is more similar to Pack. His passing range is better than any of the senior players.
    Let's hope so.

Ive had this argument countless times with others on other boards too. We cant just carry a shitload of wages in centre midfield. With 4 senior central midfielders, plus the addition of Wintle, albeit a free transfer, we need to move some out before we can bring anyone in.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Ive had this argument countless times with others on other boards too. We cant just carry a shitload of wages in centre midfield. With 4 senior central midfielders, plus the addition of Wintle, albeit a free transfer, we need to move some out before we can bring anyone in.
    In the system mick uses we use 2 CM, if we had 2 seniors covering we could carry a few kids for experience/extra cover as well.

We can definitely let a couple go.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    In the system mick uses we use 2 CM, if we had 2 seniors covering we could carry a few kids for experience/extra cover as well.

Agreed. We could let at least 1 go without replacing. The problem is the senior midfielders are paid more here than they will get anywhere else as all are Warnock contracts. Impossible to shift unless we pay them off, which is false economy.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post

Yes but as JR and I have said, people have got to want to take them off our hands. Pack, Vaulks, Ralls, Flint, Morrison, Smithies, Brown, Tomlin, Vassell and Murphy will all be on big money and are all out of contract in the summer. There are going to be big, big changes in the summer. If those 9 (plus Brown who won't be on much) are on an average of 15k a week, that's nearly 7m in wages.

Yes but as JR and I have said, people have got to want to take them off our hands. Pack, Vaulks, Ralls, Flint, Morrison, Smithies, Brown, Tomlin, Vassell and Murphy will all be on big money and are all out of contract in the summer. There are going to be big, big changes in the summer. If those 9 (plus Brown who won't be on much) are on an average of 15k a week, that's nearly 7m in wages.
    Bacuna will still be here though!

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Bacuna will still be here though!
    “We were fortunate we managed to get Bacuna over the line. He’s a player I like and I’ve watched over the last three years,” Warnock added.

“He can play wherever the need is. I’ve seen him at right back, left back playing in central midfield and also on the right wing. He’s versatile.”

https://www.iol.co.za/sport/soccer/n...ident-19085106
    Bacuna's best time here was in a central midfield three with Ralls and one other but has now played for a series of managers who want a midfield two and don't see Bacuna as one of the two. I'm sure he's happy on the contract signed but there's surely a club out there who would make more of his talents - I don't see him as an AM if you hadn't guessed although he's better there than as a RB.

Largely separate to the player themselves is the contract and transfer fee and I think Bacuna's numbers are a sign of what a desperate position we were in during that winter window.

Bacuna is undoubtably the most under rated player at the club.
    That aside, I take it that this Harris to Rotherham thing is forgotten?

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Bacuna is undoubtably the most under rated player at the club.
    That aside, I take it that this Harris to Rotherham thing is forgotten?
    Bale seems a forgotten thing as well .

I think Bacuna is a decent versatile squad man , prefer him as a forward midfielder.

Yeah he’s technically very good and importantly he’s a reliable professional who won’t let you down.
    NH ruined his fan reputation by forcing him to play full back for so long and he’s not good at that.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Yeah he’s technically very good and importantly he’s a reliable professional who won’t let you down.
    NH ruined his fan reputation by forcing him to play full back for so long and he’s not good at that.
    NH used him more as a RWB when firstly Sanderson and then Osei-Tutu weren't able to fulfil that role successfully enough. Bacuna did well enough in the role when covering for Sanderson but was exposed when it, through injury, become a more permanent position.

Mick is now using NG as a makeshift LB cover so issue hasn't gone from the club - how do you cover all positions when having too many similar but expensive CBs and CMs? - even if solution is slightly different.

Just to extend my piece on Bacuna but when was the last time he was picked as a CM in a midfield two? He was signed as fullback/midfielder cover and you're saying he's not a fullback when the managers are saying he's not a CM in a two, the formation used here, so why did we sign him? He's a fine player in a formation we rarely if ever use.

International

I think 15K is a bit of an under estimate particularly for Morrison. Darren Purse when he was club captain God knows how long ago was on £26K and some of these guys might still be on prem wages.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I think 15K is a bit of an under estimate particularly for Morrison. Darren Purse when he was club captain God knows how long ago was on £26K and some of these guys might still be on prem wages.
    Yes but my point was that even at 15k it's nearly 7m! At 20/25k its over 10m.

Yes but my point was that even at 15k it's nearly 7m! At 20/25k its over 10m.
    accodrding to THIS
    https://footballleaguefc.com/2019-20...-KxWBanD6_2TSc
    which obviously may be wildly inaccurate.
    I tihnk it comes out at around £9million.
    Which is a pretty large chunk of our wage bill.
    The total Wage bill in 2020 was £36 million, but it has probably reduced a fair bit already

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    accodrding to THIS
    https://footballleaguefc.com/2019-20...-KxWBanD6_2TSc
    which obviously may be wildly inaccurate.
    I tihnk it comes out at around £9million.
    Which is a pretty large chunk of our wage bill.
    The total Wage bill in 2020 was £36 million, but it has probably reduced a fair bit already
    £36 million The club need to take Allez, Allez, Allez’s advice and get rid of a few more ticket office operatives, that’d make a huge hole in that £36 million