+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mark Harris rumour

Re: Mark Harris rumour

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    £36 million The club need to take Allez, Allez, Allez’s advice and get rid of a few more ticket office operatives, that’d make a huge hole in that £36 million
    In a post-parachute payments world guess it needs to be around 20 million or lower to be sustainable?
    Having youth players regularly coming through will probably be a necessity rather than a nice to have going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    £36 million The club need to take Allez, Allez, Allez’s advice and get rid of a few more ticket office operatives, that’d make a huge hole in that £36 million
    In the real world, outside of football, it's staggering to think that translates to 1000 people on £36K/annum. I think the highest earners in League 2 (Newport) are around £100K/annum with plenty on a lot lower than that. So that's a weekly wage of roughly £2K for the highest L2 earners. I don't care what anyone says, I don't think the quality of football played is worth anything close to the kind of money Championship players are earning.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    In a post-parachute payments world guess it needs to be around 20 million or lower to be sustainable?
    Having youth players regularly coming through will probably be a necessity rather than a nice to have going forward.
    I totally agree. That's the business model of the future for most of the football league. The current situation will collapse - it's only a matter of time.

In my post above I didn't mean Newport has the highest earners - I meant to just use them as context.
    Last edited by Citizen's Nephew; 05-08-21 at 12:08. Reason: Accuracy and clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    In the real world, outside of football, it's staggering to think that translates to 1000 people on £36K/annum. I think the highest earners in League 2 (Newport) are around £100K/annum with plenty on a lot lower than that. So that's a weekly wage of roughly £2K for the highest L2 earners. I don't care what anyone says, I don't think the quality of football played is worth anything close to the kind of money Championship players are earning.
    I have mixed feelings about it. Yes it is crazy money compared to most things. But it is one of the few professions where the working class people who are actually doing the work reap the benefits of it financially, so fair play to them I say.

We seem to be entering a period of dominance by the premier league - the increasing disparity between the premier league and championship is starting to tell. Also the dominance of the premier league in Europe. Very few teams can afford to keep up, and many are getting themselves into huge difficulties just trying.
    Something will change soon.

I have mixed feelings about it. Yes it is crazy money compared to most things. But it is one of the few professions where the working class people who are actually doing the work reap the benefits of it financially, so fair play to them I say.

We seem to be entering a period of dominance by the premier league - the increasing disparity between the premier league and championship is starting to tell. Also the dominance of the premier league in Europe. Very few teams can afford to keep up, and many are getting themselves into huge difficulties just trying.
    Something will change soon.
    Yup. All solid points. And, yeah, your point about the people actually doing the work reaping the benefits has merit. Too often, the highly skilled employees make a lot of other people rich while constantly wondering how they'll keep a roof over their heads. I could go on but that's not for this thread!

Regards the change - it's all gone a bit quiet. Too quiet - as they say. Something's afoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Yup. All solid points. And, yeah, your point about the people actually doing the work reaping the benefits has merit. Too often, the highly skilled employees make a lot of other people rich while constantly wondering how they'll keep a roof over their heads. I could go on but that's not for this thread!

Regards the change - it's all gone a bit quiet. Too quiet - as they say. Something's afoot.
    Brainwave - How about a European Super League ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    we certainly haven't heard the last of that.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    we certainly haven't heard the last of that.

Would work well during a pandemic !

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Agreed. We could let at least 1 go without replacing. The problem is the senior midfielders are paid more here than they will get anywhere else as all are Warnock contracts. Impossible to shift unless we pay them off, which is false economy.
    How long before it's all over!!

Agree with your post, nothing to add.

20210806_124827.jpg

there are a lot of clubs in this league that need to have a readjustment

20210806_124827.jpg

there are a lot of clubs in this league that need to have a readjustment
    How are Luton classed as a small company?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    How are Luton classed as a small company?
    According to the UK's Companies Act 2006, a small company is defined as one that does not have a turnover of more than £6.5million, a balance sheet total of more than £3.26 million and does not have more than 50 employees.
    They must have a turnover higher than that surely? and number of employees?

They must have a turnover higher than that surely? and number of employees?
    I couldn't remember the figures off the top of my head, last time I looked I ran a LTD company and reading that comment about Luton just really jumped off the page.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I couldn't remember the figures off the top of my head, last time I looked I ran a LTD company and reading that comment about Luton just really jumped off the page.
    Looking at their figures their share of the tv revenue would have been over 8m, plus 3m commercial and 3m match day revenue.