+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 1 BARNSLEY

FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 1 BARNSLEY

Saturday August 7th, ko 3pm.

At the time of starting this thread we are waiting for exact ticketing details (for home and away fans) and confirmation of match officials.

Cardiff could potentially allow all seats to be sold. Barnsley have requested 1513 tickets.

It's a first competitive game in charge for new Barnsley manager Markus Schopp.

The starting line up v Newport on Saturday offers a clue as to the likely team for the Barnsley fixture

Cardiff City: Smithies, Ng, Morrison, Flint, Nelson, Bagan, Ralls, Pack, Giles, Bacuna, Collins.

We've still not seen any pre-season action from Kieffer Moore, but he has been spotted at the stadium and has been pictured in training.

Re: CARDIFF CITY v BARNSLEY. Match thread

CAN’T WAIT

Really looking forward to getting back down there.

All seats available would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    CAN’T WAIT
    Me neither, gagging to get back down for a real game. Will be the first time I think a lot of us have felt proper normality for a long long time

Are we back to 3 from 7 in terms of subs?

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Are we back to 3 from 7 in terms of subs?
    Yes.

https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...es-for-2021-22

Thanks, My memory isn't what it used to be!

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-icon-21217215

Cardiff City will include a special homage to the late Peter Whittingham on Saturday ahead of the first league game supporters have been allowed to attend since the club legend died.

The club has asked for all supporters to send in photographs of loved ones to display on the big screen before kick-off against Barnsley at Cardiff City Stadium, accompanied by a minute's silence.

It is understood the tribute will culminate in a video of Whittingham's iconic goal against Barnsley back in March 2011, a stunning strike which saw him volley the ball into the top corner from 30 yards.

A crowd-surfing banner of Whitts will also be present for supporters to pass along in the stands. Said banner will then sit at the top of the Canton Stand permanently.

Cardiff have also confirmed to WalesOnline that they are committed to playing a Peter Whittingham tribute match next year. The opponents for that game are yet to be confirmed but discussions are ongoing.

I had said I wasn't going to go for a bit, to see how things pan out, but then friends of mine got tickets and decided to get mine. Might get a season ticket as well. The taste of watered down lager in a plastic cup will never have tasted better!

Match Officials:

Referee: Stephen Martin
    Assistant Referees: Mark Pottage, Steven Meredith
    Fourth Official: Lee Swabey

https://the72.co.uk/243991/how-we-ex...-this-weekend/

Predicted Barnsley XI: Collins, Brittain, Sibbick, Helik, Kitching, J.Williams, Styles, Benson, Morris, Woodrow, Cole

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    https://the72.co.uk/243991/how-we-ex...-this-weekend/

Predicted Barnsley XI: Collins, Brittain, Sibbick, Helik, Kitching, J.Williams, Styles, Benson, Morris, Woodrow, Cole
    They'll miss Alex Mowatt and Daryl Dike, but I think theyll still be strong. The entire squad is very young, but now has a decent amount of experience for their age and they should be improving with that.
    Theyve signed 3 strikers in the summer it seems, so if one of those starts banging them in I tihnk they could well be up there again.

Outside chance that Kiefer Moore might make the bench for Barnsley - but Lee Tomlin, Isaac Vassell, Rubin Colwill, Isaak Davies and Kieron Evans all ruled out.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...effer-21235693

Once again Mick is saying that Moore and Colwill (and Bacuna and Ng) had Covid - not just isolating as contacts.

No serious transfer interest in Moore. Excellent news!

Ok we're losing this one.

I reckon Moore will be on the bench - we seem pretty short of strikers.

I predict an underwhelming start but for us to improve as the season goes on

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I reckon Moore will be on the bench - we seem pretty short of strikers.
    Any idea on Isaak Davies injury Bob?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Outside chance that Kiefer Moore might make the bench for Barnsley - but Lee Tomlin, Isaac Vassell, Rubin Colwill, Isaak Davies and Kieron Evans all ruled out.
    Tomlin and Vassell ruled out? Didn't see that coming.....

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I predict an underwhelming start but for us to improve as the season goes on
    Exactly this.

Mick said this at the press conference:

"Are we in a good place? I think we are. We’ve got a lot of players back, not too many injuries."

Then he went on to list about ten injuries.

3-0 City.

1-1

Cardiff vs Barnsley, Saturday 3pm - Sky Prediction

Cardiff will start the season with high hopes of making the top six under Mick McCarthy, even without Harry Wilson in their ranks this season. McCarthy knows all about this division and they have the quality in their squad to challenge.

Barnsley have lost their manager and their talisman in Alex Mowatt. They are so well run, though, and you always trust their managerial appointments. It will be fascinating to see how Markus Schopp gets on and if can continue to build on what Valerien Ismael achieved. It could be a bumpy start, however. Home win.

Prutton predicts: 1-0

Been keeping a distance for a bit.. from skim reading some threads it seems we've signed Bale.. which is great, confused given we're showing that much ambition we've got RonnieBird predicting us to lose very match 5-0 TBH!.. Cardiff 5 (Bale 3, Moore 1, Wilson 1) - Barnsley 0. UnBALEvable!!