+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 1 BARNSLEY

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 1 BARNSLEY

IMG_20210807_231442.jpg
    IMG_20210807_231506.jpg
    IMG_20210807_231713.jpg

from whoscored, average player positions and player ratings (inhave no idea how they come up with them)

Until Colwill is fit I think we are stuck with Bacuna, who himself is not up to speed.
    As you say, he got himself into position, but his finishing let him down. I think that will improve. Better had anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    They're not going to give you a contract Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Until Colwill is fit I think we are stuck with Bacuna, who himself is not up to speed.
    As you say, he got himself into position, but his finishing let him down. I think that will improve. Better had anyway.
    I know, why would we bother with Harris or Murphy or any other natural attacking player when we can play a utility man behind the striker.

Mickey square holes got that one wrong today. And if our 3 at the back is going to be 5 because the wing backs are told to play like fullbacks we may as well add another ayer further up the pitch and go to a 4 at the back

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    In two minds about Bacuna. Yes he missed two gilt edged chances but he featured quite a lot and was at least noticeable.
    I think Murphy finishes one of those chances. Bacuna just isn't an attacking mid, he can't finish nor is he quick enough. He's fine played further back but no more second striker Bacuna for the love of god.

I think the Bacuna experiment could work. He was given licence to roam and did give the defenders the run around at times. His lack of experience in that position led to him being offside too often.

However he needs to be fed by decent balls, not this aerial pinball rubbish. I’d play him there again against Sutton.

Quote Originally Posted by Porth Pouncer View Post
    I think the Bacuna experiment could work.
    Bacuna will be 30 later this month. If McCarthy is experimenting with his position at this stage of his career, it smacks of desperation.

Their goal, while well taken, is a shocker to concede.

That is possibly the furthest out of position I've ever seen a full back without the team throwing players forward to get a late goal. He was a good 20, maybe 30 yards out of position. When the ball is being played by the Barnsley centre back he is almost ahead of the centre circle.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Their goal, while well taken, is a shocker to concede.

That is possibly the furthest out of position I've ever seen a full back without the team throwing players forward to get a late goal. He was a good 20, maybe 30 yards out of position. When the ball is being played by the Barnsley centre back he is almost ahead of the centre circle.
    that's because he's not a full back, he's a wing back

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    that's because he's not a full back, he's a wing back
    Who is meant to be ahead of the centre circle when their centre half has the ball?
    You do realise they have to defend too?

Watch it again. He is woefully out of position.

Quote Originally Posted by Porth Pouncer View Post
    I think the Bacuna experiment could work. He was given licence to roam and did give the defenders the run around at times. His lack of experience in that position led to him being offside too often.

However he needs to be fed by decent balls, not this aerial pinball rubbish. I’d play him there again against Sutton.
    There are things, like anticipation, that can't be taught. I don't dislike Bacuna as a CM and he seems a decent person as well. But an attacking player he is not, nor never will be. All opinions of course.

Who is meant to be ahead of the centre circle when their centre half has the ball?
    You do realise they have to defend too?

Watch it again. He is woefully out of position.
    Either we are paying with wing backs or we aren't. If we are they need to push up, and when they do somebody has to cover them.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Either we are paying with wing backs or we aren't. If we are they need to push up, and when they do somebody has to cover them.
    There is pushing up on the flank when we are attacking and there is being woefully out of position when the other team have slowed the game down at the back. This was the latter.

He is infield, almost in line with the centre circle when Barnsley have the ball. I don't care what style of wing back he is. He should not be that far away regardless of who is covering him.

There is pushing up on the flank when we are attacking and there is being woefully out of position when the other team have slowed the game down at the back. This was the latter.

He is infield, almost in line with the centre circle when Barnsley have the ball. I don't care what style of wing back he is. He should not be that far away regardless of who is covering him.
    Aye. OK.

You'll never see TAA Robertson and the like out of position. They all beam me up scotty back to their defensive positions after attacking.

We won't agree so let's leave it there.

Aye. OK.

You'll never see TAA Robertson and the like out of position. They all beam me up scotty back to their defensive positions after attacking.

We won't agree so let's leave it there.
    You're comparing Bagan and Robertson?

Yeah, similar players.....

A diagonal ball from a centre half should not result in a winger running directly at and getting a shot on goal. If we don't sort that out then it is going to be a very long season.

Apparently for some messing about infield and being oblivious to the winger in acres of space is good wingback play.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Great picture Mike

You're comparing Bagan and Robertson?

Yeah, similar players.....
    The positions they play, yes.

Like I said, we won't agree so why keep on, but you do anyway don't you

The positions they play, yes.

Like I said, we won't agree so why keep on, but you do anyway don't you
    In tomorrows installment of Dembe compares random players, Marlon Pack and Pirlo...

Not a bad game thought we should have one easily with missed chances compared to them ,:

Giles has good quality .
    Pack was excellent today he is so mercurial.
    Collins looks a good robust Champinship player .
    McGuinness had a strong debut .
    Nelson, Flint looked strong.
    Bacuna must be cursing his final touch as he had a good all round game outside of the misses.
    Not seen replay of our disallowed goal I thought he'd just got back onside before scoring?.
    Phillip a safe pair of hands again .

If Barnsley are going to be a threat (then so are we ) with Mozza, Moore, Colwill, Murphy, Tomlin ,Vaulks to come in

Some people are blaming Bagan for their goal, but isn't Collins the player out of position?

In tomorrows installment of Dembe compares random players, Marlon Pack and Pirlo...
    You're trying to be like JR now. Stop it, it doesn't suit you.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Some people are blaming Bagan for their goal, but isn't Collins the player out of position?
    yes about 60 yards