+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 21/22 Squad - better or worse than 20/21 ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 21/22 Squad - better or worse than 20/21 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Youll be in for a shock when wins appear on the board instead of 5 nil losses.

I certainly hope so. It’s possible too.
    With youngsters and even with free transfers you never know for certain. Common sense should tell you that we’re pushing our luck here though and we have no fallback position.

I’ll be the most delighted man here if they all shine but my experience tells me that you’ve got to introduce ALL new players gradually , especially young kids and those who’ve moved up one or two leagues. How many players out of eleven do you need going to pieces before it’s a duck shoot ?
    It can happen to experienced professionals occasionally as we saw against QPR and Sheffield Wednesday. Of course it can , but what the **** do we do if it starts sliding with all these experimental players and kids ? It’d ruin their own confidence and progress as well you know, and he’s got no back up to save them and the club IF that starts happening.

It’s NOT professional to take massive chances without a plan B, but please don’t think I WANT it to go tits up. Like everyone here I want them to succeed - I’m just screaming at them not to chuck the spare tyre out in order to take an extra crate of beer.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    With youngsters and even with free transfers you never know for certain. Common sense should tell you that we’re pushing our luck here though and we have no fallback position.

I’ll be the most delighted man here if they all shine but my experience tells me that you’ve got to introduce ALL new players gradually , especially young kids and those who’ve moved up one or two leagues. How many players out of eleven do you need going to pieces before it’s a duck shoot ?
    It can happen to experienced professionals occasionally as we saw against QPR and Sheffield Wednesday. Of course it can , but what the **** do we do if it starts sliding with all these experimental players and kids ? It’d ruin their own confidence and progress as well you know, and he’s got no back up to save them and the club IF that starts happening.

It’s NOT professional to take massive chances without a plan B, but please don’t think I WANT it to go tits up. Like everyone here I want them to succeed - I’m just screaming at them not to chuck the spare tyre out in order to take an extra crate of beer.
    I think this is a really fair, honest, and well-thought-out post and you're certainly not alone with these thoughts and concerns. We can only hope MM will work miracles and, of course, like you, I want them to succeed and will be at every home game supporting them.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post

this chance with "experimental players and kids" is basically what almost every other side in the division has to do every season.
    our experiment with youth so far has only amounted to a handful of appearances between Sang, Bagan and Harris, mostly to cover injuries.
    this is normal. the previous state of affairs where we had 3 senior players in each position is not