+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kieffer Moore

Kieffer Moore

Is there something here that hasn't yet been revealed? Are we looking to cash in?

Why would we not have our focal point in attack and arguably our best player come back so late and not be fit for the start of the season?

Surely a month off after being beaten by Denmark and at least bit parts against Southampton and Newport would have been enough. Maybe it isn't. Just seems crazy for us to bring him back so late.

Does he have an injury at all? Has it been mentioned?

Re: Kieffer Moore

He had Covid but Bacuna had it too and featured.

It is exactly the same as with Rubin Colwill and they have been in the same place. - Euros, Covid, working through protocols....

Is there also a secret plan to cash in on Colwill?

Just my opinion, but I think Mick is telling the truth (he does that!), the club have not had an offer for Moore (not even an unacceptable one - there would have been media stories) and both Moore and Colwill are 50:50 for Barnsley, but if they miss out should be back for the next game.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Is there something here that hasn't yet been revealed? Are we looking to cash in?

Why would we not have our focal point in attack and arguably our best player come back so late and not be fit for the start of the season?

Surely a month off after being beaten by Denmark and at least bit parts against Southampton and Newport would have been enough. Maybe it isn't. Just seems crazy for us to bring him back so late.

Does he have an injury at all? Has it been mentioned?
    As has been mentioned in the media a number of times and also on this board, Moore (and Colwill) has recently had Covid and has been isolating and missed pre season training and games. On top of coming back late from the Euros he is therefore well behind in his preparation. For a bloke who makes out as being a font of knowledge with his finger on the pulse of all things Cardiff City, you really are a bit slow on the uptake. I suppose it has allowed you to indulge in a spot of your usual unfounded speculation and criticism of the club though.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    As has been mentioned in the media a number of times and also on this board, Moore (and Colwill) has recently had Covid and has been isolating and missed pre season training and games. On top of coming back late from the Euros he is therefore well behind in his preparation. For a bloke who makes out as being a font of knowledge with his finger on the pulse of all things Cardiff City, you really are a bit slow on the uptake. I suppose it has allowed you to indulge in a spot of your usual unfounded speculation and criticism of the club though.
    I know nothing.

The club tell us next to nothing.

Bacuna had Covid. Any clues how he got back and fit so quickly?

Curacao's international fixtures ended on the 15th june.
    Wales last fixture was on the 26th.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    It is exactly the same as with Rubin Colwill and they have been in the same place. - Euros, Covid, working through protocols....

Is there also a secret plan to cash in on Colwill?

Just my opinion, but I think Mick is telling the truth (he does that!), the club have not had an offer for Moore (not even an unacceptable one - there would have been media stories) and both Moore and Colwill are 50:50 for Barnsley, but if they miss out should be back for the next game.
    Good news because we are a very different team without Moore in it.

Looking forward to how he and Giles link up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Curacao's international fixtures ended on the 15th june.
    Wales last fixture was on the 26th.
    He could well have got over it prior to flying back then. City announced they had Covid all at the same time which is why I was confused by it.

Inside information told me he was going to Burnley and I posted it on here

If that source is just tomato then I am going to be on the warpath

I know nothing.

They have regular testing

Even if they did have COVID, there's nothing to suggest they were actually ill

I know nothing.

Bacuna had Covid.
    You argument falls over on the basis that some people take longer to recover from covid than others.

I know nothing.

Mick McCathy made a statement about Moore, Colwill and Bacuna a couple of weeks ago on the club website and it was reported in the media. Couldn't have been much clearer really. You must have missed it - too busy in your crusade against the club probably. As to how Bacuna is back quicker, well I would just hazard a guess that they didn't all catch it at EXACTLY the same time, so Bacuna probably got out of isolation a bit sooner. Simple isn't it when you put your mind to it.

He could well have got over it prior to flying back then. City announced they had Covid all at the same time which is why I was confused by it.
    So you knew the answer to your OP all the time. You are a big tease aren’t you !

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    You argument falls over on the basis that some people take longer to recover from covid than others.
    They do but they all have to isolate for 10 days.

There was an article on 21st July after MM gave an update and it just states they are still on extended breaks. 28th July they tell us they've had Covid.
    There is also a photo of MM and Mick at training so I guess it was all prior to this.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Mick McCathy made a statement about Moore, Colwill and Bacuna a couple of weeks ago on the club website and it was reported in the media. Couldn't have been much clearer really. You must have missed it - too busy in your crusade against the club probably. As to how Bacuna is back quicker, well I would just hazard a guess that they didn't all catch it at EXACTLY the same time, so Bacuna probably got out of isolation a bit sooner. Simple isn't it when you put your mind to it.
    A couple of weeks ago?

First I can see about any mention of Covid is 28th July.

In Mick we trust , think he is a honest as he can man , if we had an offer for Moore we'd know through social media leaks and over zealous agents leaking it to the media to up the transfer value and there percentage fee cut

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    In Mick we trust , think he is a honest as he can man , if we had an offer for Moore we'd know through social media leaks and over zealous agents leaking it to the media to up the transfer value and there percentage fee cut
    If the 'leak' was weeks ago then I agree, I doubt it'd still be a secret now.

Not to say it can't or won't happen, but it's not likely to be the same story as no way it's kept quiet all this time.

Moore was playing for Wales 4 weeks ago, so it's not like he's been off for 3 months. I reckon he will either start and last 60 minutes next Saturday or come off the bench late on. As McCarthy says he needs to look after him, rather than have him injured.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Moore was playing for Wales 4 weeks ago, so it's not like he's been off for 3 months. I reckon he will either start and last 60 minutes next Saturday or come off the bench late on. As McCarthy says he needs to look after him, rather than have him injured.
    Collins is fit and ready to go, could he be used for the first 60 to easy KM back in?

Lewj having another absolute 'mare

Season perhaps might see a number 9 come in late , shirt not allocated yet .

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Lewj having another absolute 'mare
    I think some thrive on pushing the uncertainty.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I think some thrive on pushing the uncertainty.
    If you're looking for certainty, positivity and happiness from JR then you're fishing in the wrong pond, believe me.

Wait until we've lost a few. He will be Mick out and call for the Harris days to return as soon as he can.

JR talks of 'mares after his Harris predictions.

😄 You couldn't make it up.

Whatever one thinks of Micks playing style you can never accuse him of being a liar.

However, he is a wily old sod and when he said we won't be getting any more players in, we all know under his breath he is saying "unless some current players move on".