+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: championship transfers

championship transfers

unsurprisingly it has been a very quiet transfer window (so far)

here's the list of business done so far:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/champi...saison_id=2021

Fulham, west brom and Bournemouth unsurprisingly look strong.

Millwall have had a pretty good window as well,

Re: championship transfers

No fans , no money , uncertainty , losses last year I guess brings caution .

Harry Wilson’s fee is about 70% if all the expenditure by Championship clubs.

Assombalonga not too long ago 15 million quid player.

Gone for free.

It’s been a long time since I have been so underwhelmed about the start of a new season.

I expect there’ll be a few last minute spectaculars for all that.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Assombalonga not too long ago 15 million quid player.

Gone for free.
    also George Saville gone back to Milwall- Middlesbrough paid £8m a few years ago.
    but Warnock's gonna Warnock.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    It’s been a long time since I have been so underwhelmed about the start of a new season.
    I bet. not a great summer for reading, considering who you've sold and long term injuries and haven't brought anyone in.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    also George Saville gone back to Milwall- Middlesbrough paid £8m a few years ago.
    Didn't notice that one.

The list of out players doesn’t include Sone Aluko or a very highly rated youngster Thierry Nevers who has gone to West Ham. We currently have 14 fit players with only three other senior players two of whom are injured and one in Marc McNulty who has no future at the club. Josh Laurent and George Puscas being linked with moves too
    We are in a worse state than Derby from what I can see.

I could have sworn I read that Middlesbrough had signed some Argentinian (or South American at least) for about £ 7 million?

Unfair on Warnock, I feel! They made it clear they didn't want to stay and Boro cutting their cloth accordingly. Fletcher, Saville and Assombalonga worth nowhere near what they paid for them.

Derby are almost certain to finish bottom but can see Reading being awfully close. Their one saving grace they have some really good (injury prone) players, while Derby are just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I could have sworn I read that Middlesbrough had signed some Argentinian (or South American at least) for about £ 7 million?
    Not official... yet. Apparently he is in Middlesbrough now. Martin Payero I think he's called.

matin payero - just waiting for it to be made official. £6m
    played in the Olympics for Argentina

seems like a bit of a coup.

I can't imagine a less Warnock seeming transfer.
    a 22 year old playmaker from South America.
    in 2 years time when he gets his debut it'll be interesting to see how he does.

Adel Taarabt mk2?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Adel Taarabt mk2?
    yeah I thought about him as I was writing it. in fairness he was incredible that season, and unmanageable the season after

Couple observations on that, first where did Boro get the money from and, second, I can’t imagine Warnock had anything to do with it,

Couple observations on that, first where did Boro get the money from and, second, I can’t imagine Warnock had anything to do with it,
    they will have freed up a fair bit in wages with assombalnga and Saville going amongst others. apparently they got about £2m back on the Saville deal too.

yeah I thought about him as I was writing it. in fairness he was incredible that season, and unmanageable the season after
    True but he's always fond of an enigma.

I think Boro will be competitive but they're too light up top. Loads of credit for Ikpeazu but I'm not convinced he'll score enough.

Only Coventry, Millwall and QPR look to have strengthened over the summer. Everyone else looks to be weaker than last season and some considerably so.