+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: £160 million!

Re: £160 million!

Quote Originally Posted by Park Life View Post
    Never mind the Super League … here’s the Sunday League

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Park-Life-S...=UTF8&qid=&sr=
    That's a must-read for me! Thanks for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    That's a must-read for me! Thanks for the link.
    Really hope you enjoy

How many of the 92 clubs actually spend within their means? Not many id say. I dont understand this notion that EPL are the bad guys and poor old EFL are blameless. The EPL clubs attract the money of course they will get the lion share. If they so choose to spend this money signing players for silly money then so be it. They are investing in assets for their business. Its not up to them to prop the rest of the pyramid anymore than they already are.

I listen to Simon Jordan a lot, and whilst hes a bit of a marmite character he certainly knows his onions when it comes to football finance. No matter how much money the EPL gives the EFL you will always get unscrupulous chairmen doing a Portsmouth, or a Bolton, or worse case scenario a Bury.

Dont get him started on football fan representatives on the board of directors either.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    How many of the 92 clubs actually spend within their means? Not many id say. I dont understand this notion that EPL are the bad guys and poor old EFL are blameless. The EPL clubs attract the money of course they will get the lion share. If they so choose to spend this money signing players for silly money then so be it. They are investing in assets for their business. Its not up to them to prop the rest of the pyramid anymore than they already are.

I listen to Simon Jordan a lot, and whilst hes a bit of a marmite character he certainly knows his onions when it comes to football finance. No matter how much money the EPL gives the EFL you will always get unscrupulous chairmen doing a Portsmouth, or a Bolton, or worse case scenario a Bury.

Dont get him started on football fan representatives on the board of directors either.
    Totally agree with you. The EFL, to me, these days are just a shop front for a whole load of other hidden businesses out the back.

Jordan's history is interesting, and you're right about him being a marmite character - anyone having anything to do with Palace would ensure that anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Imagine the fuss if Sterling didn't turn up for training to force a move....
    There are new stop and search laws I believe.

Could be a perfectly good reason he didn't make it.

I have been to watch Newport a few times recently ....Pre covid
    There is something refreshing watching football at that level

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    They can look all day long….
    Don’t rate Kane, be very interesting to see if he can turn it on under pressure at a big club anyway ( I know Spurs are big I mean title race cup finals etc) did he even score at the Euros I can’t recall?
    166 goals in 242 games for Spurs, was Premier League top goalscorer and assists provider last year in the team that finished 7th.

goats on the Cardiff City Messageboard: "I don't rate him"

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Imagine the fuss if Sterling didn't turn up for training to force a move....
    I saw someone, I think it was on Sky Sports, say "this is so out of character for Harry Kane"

Well it's not is it. This is the first time he's been in this position and this is how he's reacted so I'd say it's bang in character

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyscoular View Post
    BBC say Tottenham are asking £160 million for Harry Kane. It's incredible.

City sold John Toshack to Liverpool in 1971 for £110,000, which, according to the Bank of England's online inflation calculator, is the equivalent of £1.6 million today. Now, OK, Kane is better than Toshack, but 100 times better?

The money in football is amazing.
    Madness and Kane is no Toshack .

And less injury prone ,Kanes ankles are dodgy???

Tosh was steady on his feat

Jack Grealish going to Man City this week for 100 million aswell.
    Absurd money.

Yes Simon Jordan does relate to the fans, you get the feel he does love the game and terrace culture .

Sad to say if we signed Kane we'd turn him into a free transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    Sad to say if we signed Kane we'd turn him into a free transfer.
    If Moore can score 20 im sure Kane would bang them in.

The problem is Madine Glatzel we paid millions when close to free was their value.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    Jack Grealish going to Man City this week for 100 million aswell.
    Absurd money.
    If they spend these amounts on the 2 players expect Juventus, Real Madrid, Barcelona to complain about FFP and the fact that Man City bailed on ESL due to fans complaining about greedy clubs and yet in a pandemic they spend £260 million plus wages on 2 players whilst still under investigation for financial irregularities....

Kane is a mug if he expects ruthless businessman and renowned tough negotiator, Daniel Levy, to honour some sort of 'gentleman's verbal agreement'.
    He's a mug for signing a 6 year deal with no release clause

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    If they spend these amounts on the 2 players expect Juventus, Real Madrid, Barcelona to complain about FFP and the fact that Man City bailed on ESL due to fans complaining about greedy clubs and yet in a pandemic they spend £260 million plus wages on 2 players whilst still under investigation for financial irregularities....
    they're nowhere near signing Kane

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    Yup. It's taking the p*ss. But they can get away with it because all the governing bodies are at best toothless, and worse, corrupt (actually, they're both).