+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Interesting u23 line up today

Interesting u23 line up today

https://twitter.com/CF11Academy/stat...257830931?s=19

Marley Watkins named so he must have signed a contract. Good to have Colwill, Murphy, Vassell in line up but where is Moore?

Re: Interesting u23 line up today

I'm not saying he hasn't signed a contract, because I've no idea if he has or not. But your wording "must have signed" is pretty presumptuous.

Isn't the official story he is training with us cos he knows Mick? Micks helping him out. An U23 game is good for fitness...

For contractual reasons players are called trialist until they sign a contract. Watkins is clearly a bluebird, for better or worse.

If he’s simply training with us, then he should be named as ‘Trialist’ in the starting lineup.
    I can’t find the lineup yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post

Marley Watkins named so he must have signed a contract. Good to have Colwill, Murphy, Vassell in line up but where is Moore?
    That tweet has been deleted. Interesting…

I just hope he hasn't been given a contract. He was one of the poorest players at Ashton Gate last season, in what was a very poor Bristol City side.

He'd make Pack's signing look like a real coup.

For contractual reasons players are called trialist until they sign a contract. Watkins is clearly a bluebird, for better or worse.
    I'm just going off the little I've heard from mick on it. He says he's helping Watkins out by letting him train.

That's what we actually know without making any speculation.

Hope he's not our player, he's garbage and only going to stifle the progress of one of our own younger players.

That's usually when they are under contract at another club - watkins is a free agent

Kieffer obviously on his way to Tottenham as Harry Kane's replacement 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I just hope he hasn't been given a contract. He was one of the poorest players at Ashton Gate last season, in what was a very poor Bristol City side.

He'd make Pack's signing look like a real coup.
    Also stands in the way of someone from the u23s

Roggered

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I'm just going off the little I've heard from mick on it. He says he's helping Watkins out by letting him train.

That's what we actually know without making any speculation.

Hope he's not our player, he's garbage and only going to stifle the progress of one of our own younger players.
    its alleged he owes Mick on a bet way back , when Mick told him he'd never make it as a footballer, Marley bet him big time , and now this is pay back time for Mick as he was spot on , he is going to sign and play for nothing to pay off the bet

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    its alleged he owes Mick on a bet way back , when Mick told him he'd never make it as a footballer, Marley bet him big time , and now this is pay back time for Mick as he was spot on , he is going to sign and play for nothing to pay off the bet
    I'd rather he was paid not to play for us.

Isn't this the year of the kids? Why sign players like this if its true.. Truth is they don't care how old they are as long as they are cheap (completely understandable)

I'd rather sign Marlon Dingle. At least he could cook the team food.

I'd rather he was paid not to play for us.

Isn't this the year of the kids? Why sign players like this if its true.. Truth is they don't care how old they are as long as they are cheap (completely understandable)

I'd rather sign Marlon Dingle. At least he could cook the team food.
    He couldnt.

Its a TV program .

He is an actor , not a chef........

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    He couldnt.

Its a TV program .

He is an actor , not a chef........
    Let me have my reality.

Its all I've got.

Don't take it away

Gordon Ramsey is a chef and former player.
    Not a very nice personality, though!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Kieffer obviously on his way to Tottenham as Harry Kane's replacement ��
    I thought it was a straight swap deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    That's usually when they are under contract at another club - watkins is a free agent
    They're still named as a trialist. I bet the tweet has been deleted because he shouldn't have been named!

Let me have my reality.

Its all I've got.

Don't take it away
    sorry .

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    sorry .
    All good

This food van I've read about, is it only events its out and about or does it have a regular spot one could rock up and try the food from?

He’s not much good to be honest, but who knows?
    His state of mind must be verging on desperate and sometimes that can urge men on to heights they wouldn’t have thought possible.

We are getting near the time when we must go with what we’ve got and on the up side that includes some kids with fantastic potential.McCarthy SHOULD know what he’s doing and so let’s hope he knows a few things here which are not public.

Notwithstanding my many doubts about his preplanning, now we engage for better or for worse and what we should have done is irrelevant, so let’s aim at the top and see what happens.

Maybe named in error? Regardless if named or put as trialist whatever Mick decides he will get my support and any player he brings in will get a clean slate from me.