Very Annoyed Bloke Called Tony

North Cardiff

Re: Angry Of Llanishen writes

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Dear Western Mail

The City Council waste disposal service is crap

North Cardiff
    Frigging green bin is still outside now, been there since friday.

Ap (whatever that is), is still saying the f uckers are emptying it today

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

'Ap' Is 'Son Of' in Welsh-I think- Like Tony 'Ap' Father Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    'Ap' Is 'Son Of' in Welsh-I think- Like Tony 'Ap' Father Jack.
    is an Ap a little apple, tucked in his wallet

In Bristol, the council announced a 10 week suspension of the garden waste collection (which costs £30 a year on top of council tax and you have to buy the wheelie bin for £30) on the day it was due to be collected, meaning that many people have green bins full of garden waste and have to make other arrangements to get rid of green waste.
    Apparently, it’s the driver shortage…

They are considering making us sort our recycling out now into various bags or something, god knows how that will work and where we are supposed to store it all separately…..apparently it works well in Pembrokeshire where of course barely anyone lives and there are no flats of any note

I'm waiting for the next installment where people complain about the council wasting money on cycle lanes and closing Castle Street, instead of spending it on essential services.

Here we are, Wednesday, pavements in Llanishen still full of green bins, council’s Ap now saying pick up today

F***ing useless

If only there weren't council staff shielding all would be ok.

I'll happily swap your green bin for my hygiene waste that wasnt collected last week and wont be til next Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post

I'll happily swap your green bin for my hygiene waste that wasnt collected last week and wont be til next Tuesday.
    I am imagining you two on the Glienicke Bridge doing the exchange.......

We had that during the last heat wave, a few neighbours had maggots streaming out of their bins, not nice

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Dear Western Mail

The City Council waste disposal service is crap

North Cardiff
    look what you've started ffs

Always wondered what the CC of CCMB meant - obviously Curmudgeon Central 👍

We had that during the last heat wave, a few neighbours had maggots streaming out of their bins, not nice
    Recycling bags, food waste and black bin all collected by 9.30 here in Llandaff North. Brilliant service 🙂

International

I'm waiting for the next installment where people complain about the council wasting money on cycle lanes and closing Castle Street, instead of spending it on essential services.
    You say that in jest but it's a very valid point . £21 million shortfall in finances requiring a 4.5% rise in council tax because the shortfall is impacting on public services. But 300K spent on a 100m bus lane that saves 40 seconds and 1 million on a cycle lane 1 mile long in Allensbank road. How much have they spent on roa closures/restrictions and huge underused cycle lanes since Mar 2020? How many lives has it saved and ow many have been lost due to lack of services?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    You say that in jest but it's a very valid point . £21 million shortfall in finances requiring a 4.5% rise in council tax because the shortfall is impacting on public services. But 300K spent on a 100m bus lane that saves 40 seconds and 1 million on a cycle lane 1 mile long in Allensbank road. How much have they spent on roa closures/restrictions and huge underused cycle lanes since Mar 2020? How many lives has it saved and ow many have been lost due to lack of services?
    I went fishing and got a bite 😉

You say that in jest but it's a very valid point . £21 million shortfall in finances requiring a 4.5% rise in council tax because the shortfall is impacting on public services. But 300K spent on a 100m bus lane that saves 40 seconds and 1 million on a cycle lane 1 mile long in Allensbank road. How much have they spent on roa closures/restrictions and huge underused cycle lanes since Mar 2020? How many LIVES HAS IT SAVED and ow many have been lost due to lack of services?

Seen someone hit by a bike, whilst trying to board a bus on Sunday. In Kingsway.

That system is lethal, cycle lane between pavement and bus boarding

Seen someone hit by a bike, whilst trying to board a bus on Sunday. In Kingsway.

Similarly I saw a video of a car turning into Windsor Place, straight over the blue cycle lane, missing a cyclist by inches. Not ideal, but awareness is needed from everyone . Maybe the bus drivers should remind passengers to check for cyclists as their getting off the bus.

Similarly I saw a video of a car turning into Windsor Place, straight over the blue cycle lane, missing a cyclist by inches. Not ideal, but awareness is needed from everyone . Maybe the bus drivers should remind passengers to check for cyclists as their getting off the bus.

There are mini pedestrian crossings marked between the pavement & the bus, but the cyclists ignore them and carry on

The proposed cycle lane along Cathays Terrace and Allensbank Road is , as you say, 1mile long but the cost is £6m not £1m. ...thats about £1k a foot. Crazy waste of money

Why don't they do what we teach kids to do?

Stop... Look.. Listen...

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Why don't they do what we teach kids to do?

Stop... Look.. Listen...

I totally agree with you, the problem is, organised queueing (as was the case years ago), has gone out the window and when a bus turns up, it’s a free for all

REQUEST FOR A GRUMPY OLD MEN SECTION OF THE BOARD MIKE

I totally agree with you, the problem is, organised queueing (as was the case years ago), has gone out the window and when a bus turns up, it’s a free for all
    So it's not the bike lane that's the issue then, it's the people that can't follow a basic and safe way of looking to see if it's safe before stepping out.

Glad that's been cleared up finally.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    REQUEST FOR A GRUMPY OLD MEN SECTION OF THE BOARD MIKE
    Put them in sludges alternative forum or whatever its called. The one where his 566949 music threads are.