+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Angry Of Llanishen writes

International

Re: Angry Of Llanishen writes

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    So it's not the bike lane that's the issue then, it's the people that can't follow a basic and safe way of looking to see if it's safe before stepping out
    Glad that's been cleared up finally.
    But at a pedestrian crossing the pedestrian has automatic right of way. The clue is in the name. It is for the cyclist to ensure it is safe to proceed but they don't. They seem to think they can do as they please. If they had to have insurance that people could claim against it might concentrate their minds

International

I have nothing against cyclists or cycle lanes per se but I think the actions taken by the council are way OTT. Not the number of lanes but the size of them and the infrastructure enabling them. The one on Hurbert St is a hood example. Huge magnificent and largely deserted. How much did that cost.
    There are more cost effective ways of marking cycle lanes and the money squandered on these coulbs be supporting mental health and care in the community, homelessness and the like. It seems like a sledgehammer to crack a nut and it is driven by the anti-car people taking advantage of the pandemic

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I have nothing against cyclists or cycle lanes per se but I think the actions taken by the council are way OTT. Not the number of lanes but the size of them and the infrastructure enabling them. The one on Hurbert St is a hood example. Huge magnificent and largely deserted. How much did that cost.
    There are more cost effective ways of marking cycle lanes and the money squandered on these coulbs be supporting mental health and care in the community, homelessness and the like. It seems like a sledgehammer to crack a nut and it is driven by the anti-car people taking advantage of the pandemic
    If you look at some other countries, the cycle lanes are far better.
    I've been in Chinese cities with cycle lanes wider than our car lanes.
    If the infrastructure is good then I think people will use it.
    I would love to be able to ditch the car completely If i could. those things are just money pits.

But at a pedestrian crossing the pedestrian has automatic right of way. The clue is in the name. It is for the cyclist to ensure it is safe to proceed but they don't. They seem to think they can do as they please. If they had to have insurance that people could claim against it might concentrate their minds
    They're not pedestrian crossings though as they're not marked with beacons on each side. They are merely road (or cycle lane) markings.
    Right of way or not, no pedestrian should walk straight onto a crossing without checking first that any traffic has stopped. Traffic should stop when someone is waiting to cross.
    Bus companies also have a duty of care to their passengers to ensure they get on or off the bus safely. Opening the bus door when a cyclist is approaching is careless.

Is it a pedestrian crossing?

Bringing me back to my point. We teach KIDS to look left and right.

I don't just walk out into the road because the green man is flashing, I look to see if there is a car coming. Its a seconds glance to check if there's a bike coming, it's taken longer to type and post an argument than the whole process of crossing safe, using basic common sense and skills we are taught as children, would have taken.

It's a crossing made for pedestrians

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    It's a crossing made for pedestrians
    I refer you to the post made above by the bloop

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    The proposed cycle lane along Cathays Terrace and Allensbank Road is , as you say, 1mile long but the cost is £6m not £1m. ...thats about £1k a foot. Crazy waste of money
    They need to do something though, I live by there, the amount of students cycling from Cathays or wherever along allensbank rd to the hospital is crazy. There will be a major accident soon

UPDATE

It only took 6 days, but "GREEN BINS", have just been emptied in llanishen

UPDATE

That's rubbish.

UPDATE

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    That's rubbish.

It starts again tomorrow, the BLACK BINS are due to be collected

I don't just walk out into the road because the green man is flashing, I look to see if there is a car coming. Its a seconds glance to check if there's a bike coming, it's taken longer to type and post an argument than the whole process of crossing safe, using basic common sense and skills we are taught as children, would have taken.
    Agree that people should use common sense, but the reality is that many don't, I bet a lot don't even realise they are crossing a cycle lane after stepping off the bus. Getting hit by a bike at 15/20mph seems like a bit of a strong punishment for being a bit daft.

UPDATE

You’re lucky. My green bin is still uncollected and the app now says collection has been rescheduled until Saturday which will be 8 days late. Shambles !

You didnt get where you are today speech

The Rise And Fall Of Reginald Perrin

Michael Michael and his cronies, must either read this board or the Echo !

Black bin, green bags and food bin, all collected by 10.00am this morning

All power to the moaners

All power to the moaners
    There's some poor person on the recycling line that has just had to fish out your 'Lucky Underpants'

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    There's some poor person on the recycling line that has just had to fish out your 'Lucky Underpants'
    Very good, showing lots of ingenuity

All power to the moaners
    However, my green bin is still sitting by the front gate uncollected so the moaning has done me no good. Mind you I live in a ward represented by 2 Lib Dem councilllors and a Conservative councillor so not much incentive for a ruling Labour administration to sort it out.

All power to the moaners
    Green bin now collected. Just the 8 days late. The only beneficiaries of the incompetence of the oleaginous Michael Michael are the refuse crews who get to sort the backlog on a Saturday at enhanced rates. Good luck to them. After Michael Michael was booted out of Fairwater by the deeply unpleasant Neil McEvoy (who has posted on here) it was thought Cardiff had seen the back of him but he got parachuted back in to Trowbridge so he must have some influence. Looks like we’ll have the privilege of MM screwing up the refuse collection for some time to come.

just a heads up before angry of llanishen throws a wobbly again garden waste bins will be collected monthly in cardiff from saturday 14'th August because of a lack of drivers

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    just a heads up before angry of llanishen throws a wobbly again garden waste bins will be collected monthly in cardiff from saturday 14'th August because of a lack of drivers
    They're sending them around in little white vans in RCT to collect the recycling

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    It's ok though as the council will let us visit the tip more often (cue rant about the lack of a tip in North Cardiff 😁)

This is just to say that the current bin collection problem is not unique to Cardiff.....

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    It's ok though as the council will let us visit the tip more often (cue rant about the lack of a tip in North Cardiff ��)
    No, it’s a rant about having to book a bleeding appointment, on the tinternet, to dump said bloody rubbish.

No wonder there’s an increase in fly tipping

No, it’s a rant about having to book a bleeding appointment, on the tinternet, to dump said bloody rubbish.

No wonder there’s an increase in fly tipping
    The booking system manages the queues and avoids everyone going on a Sunday morning like they used to. Saying that though the amount of fly tipping these days is ridiculous. Hate it.