+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Loan market

Loan market

Any rational argument why we haven’t really utilised the loan market this year? Seems a straightforward solution to the lack of transfer funds. Swansea benefited massively last year.

Re: Loan market

Quote Originally Posted by horse_face View Post
    Any rational argument why we haven’t really utilised the loan market this year? Seems a straightforward solution to the lack of transfer funds. Swansea benefited massively last year.
    Could be a few reasons. Firstly, a lot of clubs loan out players not just to get experience, but for a profit and will often charge a hefty loan fee in some cases as much as outright buying a player from outside the top league. It might be that we genuinely have no funds available.

In which case loans may be available for less later on in the window once the clubs have done most of their wheeler dealing in the transfer market.

we made our best loan last season on transfer deadline Day didn't we?
    I think there could be some very good players available late on in the window this time around as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    we made our best loan last season on transfer deadline Day didn't we?
    I think there could be some very good players available late on in the window this time around as well.
    I guess that’s one way of looking at it. I’m not entirely confident in our board of planning ahead though.

Interesting to see a lot of Loans are already completed, especially those from the Premier league big 6.

Let’s not forget Ryan Giles (arguabley our best summer signing) is a loan