+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Olympics Bore Festival

Re: Olympics Bore Festival

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    We brought you into this world, now pay us back.

My daughter can keep her money.
    I suppose the raising of living standards in China means that many younger people will be considerably better off than their parents were.
    That isn't necessarily true of the younger generations here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I suppose the raising of living standards in China means that many younger people will be considerably better off than their parents were.
    I do little things to help my mother, top up her gas and electricity and pay for shopping now and again, I even chipped away at her mortgage arrears many years ago when I found out she had fallen behind. I don't do these things frequently but every now and again I'll give her a little boost, she never notices either which is nice.

I don't thing I'd be in the "for" camp with giving her an allowance mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Counter productively however, their old policy of families being limited to 1 child, means that many children are unable to care for their parents as they previously would.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    We brought you into this world, now pay us back.

My daughter can keep her money.
    Had this conversation earlier. We are a different breed in the Valleys I think. Give our kids all we got. Money we spend on Xmas, birthdays.etc is crazy compared to more well off areas.

My Nan used to give me £5 a day in the six weeks holidays when i was say 11/12/13 so I could go to the community centre and get myself grub. Probably equivalent to £15 these days.

Fast forward 30 years and my old man gives my kids £20 a week pocket money each. It’s just what grandparents do up here if they can. They rather see they Kids/grandkids looked after.

My eldest daughter, 16, got a part time job in a pub getting £70-100 a week, but yet I still give her £100 a month pocket money. She’s also getting £80-£100 a month off my old man. I wouldn’t dream of stopping her money or taking lodge off her when she’s 16.

My old man wouldn’t let me give them money even if I offered. He gets offended if I try and pay for a meal.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Had this conversation earlier. We are a different breed in the Valleys I think. Give our kids all we got. Money we spend on Xmas, birthdays.etc is crazy compared to more well off areas.

My Nan used to give me £5 a day in the six weeks holidays when i was say 11/12/13 so I could go to the community centre and get myself grub. Probably equivalent to £15 these days.

Fast forward 30 years and my old man gives my kids £20 a week pocket money each. It’s just what grandparents do up here if they can. They rather see they Kids/grandkids looked after.

My eldest daughter, 16, got a part time job in a pub getting £70-100 a week, but yet I still give her £100 a month pocket money. She’s also getting £80-£100 a month off my old man. I wouldn’t dream of stopping her money or taking lodge off her when she’s 16.
    Yeah it's crazy looking back at how my parents managed to get through Xmas. 100s spent to give us the best day of our lives after telling us all year what a struggle it is.
    Grandparents with I believe 16 grandkids and then some more great grandkids before passing, all got birthday and Xmas money/presents.

My daughter isn't old enough to work yet, but my niece, who was like a second daughter to me when she was younger, now works in a pub and also picks up cleaning jobs and the like, I still give her money when I see her. Picked her up from work not long back, save her getting a late bus, she had more money in her pocket than I did but I still paid for the takeaway on the way back. I can see she is doing good with her money so I won't take it off her while she learns, I might be different if she was more irresponsible.

True about the valleys though, and those friends that didn't have the same alway had it indirectly because in the groups of friends we'd never see anyone go without, I remember my mother sneaking my one mate a tenner to go to the fair because she knew his grandmother didn't have that to give him and his brother, the older one always got what he wanted and my mate never made a fuss, she didn't want him to feel left out so called him in the house "to ask about his nan..."

I have thoroughly enjoyed this Olympics. I do notice though that the female competitors have very small boobs. I suppose it's necessary in sport.

Modern Pentathlon!

I have heard of it but never watched or understood what it was about until this afternoon. What a crazy event! Described in one report as 'a day in the life of a nineteenth century cavalry officer' and covering: fencing, swimming, running, pistol shooting and showjumping (with a pool horse allocated just before the event).

Bizarre.

The UK (aka Team GB for some reason) just won gold.

i watched some women's golf the other and i hate golf so i must have pizzed drunk

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Modern Pentathlon!

I have heard of it but never watched or understood what it was about until this afternoon. What a crazy event! Described in one report as 'a day in the life of a nineteenth century cavalry officer' and covering: fencing, swimming, running, pistol shooting and showjumping (with a pool horse allocated just before the event).

Bizarre.

The UK (aka Team GB for some reason) just won gold.
    The Irish competitor broke his nose jumping against the clock.

Hockey

What a load of pants that is

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    I have thoroughly enjoyed this Olympics. I do notice though that the female competitors have very small boobs. I suppose it's necessary in sport.
    Extremely fit individuals , very little body fat

Swimmers , runners , cyclists , boxers , hockey

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Someone should have told him no good would come of it.

I watched the ladies Beach volley ball this morning.

Never realised what a technical sport that is.

I was rivetted to the action.

Badminton , how can anyone get excited watching that

Table Tennis , that's another death trip

I think the next Olympics should be in the Valleys

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Someone should have told him no good would come of it.
    Does this mean that you got the joke?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Didn't he see it?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Badminton , how can anyone get excited watching that

Table Tennis , that's another death trip
    Table Tennis is insanely skilful though

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Day 3 of man who hates Olympics, still watching Olympics.

Thin pickings for the moaning stakes today.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    No doubt about it

But fecking boring

Ex-Cardiff City player going for gold on Sunday Sludge.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Cardiff boy in the 1500m final aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Going for gold !

Great programme

It’s over !
    All except the stupid rituals and drum banging.

How long before the next publicly funded bbc bore fest with some obscure crap they’re obsessed with ?

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    It’s over !
    All except the stupid rituals and drum banging.

How long before the next publicly funded bbc bore fest with some obscure crap they’re obsessed with ?
    Some would say next winter at the football World Cup. Not everyone likes the same stuff as you you see, it's important to try and remember that