+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: When will carrying a knife get you proper jail time?

When will carrying a knife get you proper jail time?

Another tragic story ruining many lives no doubt…

James Markham killing: Boy, 14, charged with murder https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-58197629

14 yrs old ffs….just trying to impress his mates no doubt. Here’s to 25 yrs behind the door

Re: When will carrying a knife get you proper jail time?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-58194369

Cardiff stabbing: Boy attacked during football match

Until the authorities started out heavy sentences for football hooliganism it never went away, heavy sentences killed it dead, I don’t get why they don’t do it with knife crime….

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Until the authorities started out heavy sentences for football hooliganism it never went away, heavy sentences killed it dead, I don’t get why they don’t do it with knife crime….
    I remember when the fines were 30 quid. Then the boys up in the stand at Hartlepool got £500. A mate of mine's kid got time for throwing a traffic cone at Chelsea in that FA cup game.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I remember when the fines were 30 quid. Then the boys up in the stand at Hartlepool got £500. A mate of mine's kid got time for throwing a traffic cone at Chelsea in that FA cup game.
    Cameras

Can you imagine knifing someone? That's visceral. That must scar the culprit as well as the victim. How did this become a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Can you imagine knifing someone? That's visceral. That must scar the culprit as well as the victim. How did this become a thing?
    Sad isn’t it? Apart from being the ultimate in cowardice, using a weapon to prove something, rather than just getting on with it the old fashioned way, it’s just like a badge of honour to the underclass. I guess nothing with change until some posh Torys son gets it walking around Kensington…..see that Dr lost his life after getting stabbed in the castle grounds the other day. Ffs

International

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Sad isn’t it? Apart from being the ultimate in cowardice, using a weapon to prove something, rather than just getting on with it the old fashioned way, it’s just like a badge of honour to the underclass. I guess nothing with change until some posh Torys son gets it walking around Kensington…..see that Dr lost his life after getting stabbed in the castle grounds the other day. Ffs
    That incident was very curious. I get the feeling there is a question lurking around at the back of that stabbing that people dont seem to want to address. But Im sure the police have.

QUOTE=xsnaggle;5214951]That incident was very curious. I get the feeling there is a question lurking around at the back of that stabbing that people dont seem to want to address. But Im sure the police have.[/QUOTE]

As in ‘why was he in that location at that time of the morning?’. Maybe a quite plausible reason, I’ve s’pose I’ve walked home many a time when I was younger, through lack of funds usually. Now, if there is going to be a time when I’m out that late alone (alone is another question) it’d be a cab for me every time. I think you’re correct, there’s a story behind the story. Perhaps we're overthinking things though

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    That incident was very curious. I get the feeling there is a question lurking around at the back of that stabbing that people dont seem to want to address. But Im sure the police have.
    Like what he was doing in the castle grounds at 2am was it? A bit strange at that age, I was forever over the wall into the park in my youth up to all sorts of fun stuff…..

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Ran though my mind when you consider being in Bute Park on a Tuesday morning, 1,20am ?? Not a natural venue or time for a doctor aged 54 ? Sad for his family

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Ran though my mind when you consider being in Bute Park on a Tuesday morning, 1,20am ?? Not a natural venue or time for a doctor aged 54 ? Sad for his family
    What does go on in Bute park these days at night? I’d imagine there is a fair amount of homeless etc? Never any back in the 90’s when I used to go over there, acid trips, bit of nookie, weed pills and a few gatherings but nothing to crazy….