+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Joe is on a bombing raid

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Joe is on a bombing raid

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I agree that the manner of the USA withdrawal of their troops from Afghanistan was wrong, but aren't we ignoring the elephant in the room here? The Afghan army which was trained by the West at a cost of billions simply "melted away" when the chips were down. At the very least they could have delayed the progress of the Taliban rather than allow them to literally roll in unopposed, which would have given time for an orderly evacuation.
    Or Joe could have left boots and logistics on the ground whilst an orderly evacuation took place running up to 31st August.

What a man-made hell hole. I felt sick to my stomach to hear about the Isis bombing near the Kabul airport. One minute there were women and children queuing desperately trying to get away and the next blown to pieces into a stinking "canal" (aka open sewer). I would imagine it is one of those scenarios where the living but maimed survivors would envy the dead. What a prospect for the future of Afghanistan - ISIS vs Taliban.

I have already commented on the billions of dollars seemingly wasted on training the Afghan army. Now see this....

https://twitter.com/hashtag/BidenBet...=hashtag_click

Unbelievable!