Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
This thread is a golden example of City haters ganging together to hammer the club for no good reason after one game of a new season and then being made to look utter idiots by an excellent performance and result the following week. You would think they would learn but they wont/cant. Their negativity is so ingrained that they believe that it is normal behaviour and that everyone else is wrong. No doubt they will scuttle away for a while and lick their wounds, only to reappear at the first defeat or ball kicked long upfield to proclaim that they were right all along. Heres hoping that there is a long interlude before that happens.
Can I be one to speak up after a really good win then?

I don't think we need to fully abandon this style of play when it works so well against likes of Luton and Blackpool and is clearly part of who we are but I'm struggling to remember this style of play beating the best in this division* let alone giving us the best chance of staying in the Premier League. We desperately need more to us than that, although I think we're slowly heading in that direction.

*there have been one off good results against Leeds and West Brom at home, Watford away under Harris and good draw against Brentford away under Mick respectively but feels like we've usually come out second best and a distance from what we need to be to sustain success.