+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Long season ahead

Re: Long season ahead

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    This thread is a golden example of City haters ganging together to hammer the club for no good reason after one game of a new season and then being made to look utter idiots by an excellent performance and result the following week. You would think they would learn but they wont/cant. Their negativity is so ingrained that they believe that it is normal behaviour and that everyone else is wrong. No doubt they will scuttle away for a while and lick their wounds, only to reappear at the first defeat or ball kicked long upfield to proclaim that they were right all along. Heres hoping that there is a long interlude before that happens.
    Can I be one to speak up after a really good win then?

I don't think we need to fully abandon this style of play when it works so well against likes of Luton and Blackpool and is clearly part of who we are but I'm struggling to remember this style of play beating the best in this division* let alone giving us the best chance of staying in the Premier League. We desperately need more to us than that, although I think we're slowly heading in that direction.

*there have been one off good results against Leeds and West Brom at home, Watford away under Harris and good draw against Brentford away under Mick respectively but feels like we've usually come out second best and a distance from what we need to be to sustain success.

International

"You show me where it said he was worth X" "No you prove he isnt"! "Wheres the link?" "You show me a link saying blah blah blah"
    The next thing will be "My dad's bigger than your dad!
    Some people rally need to get a life.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Despite me thinking we would blow it by missing all those chances, I thoroughly enjoyed yesterday's game
    Same here i enjoyed the game..

This thread is a golden example of City haters ganging together to hammer the club for no good reason after one game of a new season and then being made to look utter idiots by an excellent performance and result the following week. You would think they would learn but they wont/cant. Their negativity is so ingrained that they believe that it is normal behaviour and that everyone else is wrong. No doubt they will scuttle away for a while and lick their wounds, only to reappear at the first defeat or ball kicked long upfield to proclaim that they were right all along. Heres hoping that there is a long interlude before that happens.
    I started this thread and I was waiting for this type of comment.
    I'm glad you have found some sort of joy with your I told you so remark but you are thinking and speaking in the moment.
    An away win brings joy but it doesn't address the long term objective of making the club a better club for everyone Short term fixes are just that.

No they won't scuttle away they will just find something else to bash the club , the team , the manager..

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    I started this thread and I was waiting for this type of comment.
    I'm glad you have found some sort of joy with your I told you so remark but you are thinking and speaking in the moment.
    An away win brings joy but it doesn't address the long term objective of making the club a better club for everyone Short term fixes are just that.
    Thing is, when we play well and win a game I don't go over board and say things like we are going to go up automatically or we will get promotion or we will get into the play offs but the usual subjects get a poor performance and immediately right us off, say we are just a hoofball team and candidates for relegation. They also disappear without trace after a win. Your opening post was a total over reaction, total misreading of what is happening and what the manager is trying to do and to be honest a bit disgraceful in the circumstances.

Thing is, when we play well and win a game I don't go over board and say things like we are going to go up automatically or we will get promotion or we will get into the play offs but the usual subjects get a poor performance and immediately right us off, say we are just a hoofball team and candidates for relegation. They also disappear without trace after a win. Your opening post was a total over reaction, total misreading of what is happening and what the manager is trying to do and to be honest a bit disgraceful in the circumstances.
    Only in your head not mine obviously.
    Have you ever thought other people are allowed an opinion?
    I very much doubt it.
    People are capable of supporting the club but disagree with the way the club and manager perform.
    If fans just say nothing accepting the same thing year in year out why would the club ever need to change.
    You are confusing your blind love for the club and accepting the status quo against people's love for the club and criticising because they want a long term stable better future.

One win against a promoted team at the beginning of the season isn’t a barometer of whether McCarthy’s ways work.
    That is, unless you’re happy for Brentford’s win over Arsenal using a more attacking style of play to also be judged in the same way.

Only in your head not mine obviously.
    Have you ever thought other people are allowed an opinion?
    I very much doubt it.
    People are capable of supporting the club but disagree with the way the club and manager perform.
    If fans just say nothing accepting the same thing year in year out why would the club ever need to change.
    You are confusing your blind love for the club and accepting the status quo against people's love for the club and criticising because they want a long term stable better future.
    If that was the case how come you and the others never post anything remotely optimistic or positive about the club you/they say you love. Thats blind negativity in my book. You called MM a dinosaur and want him sacked. Others continually say we only play ‘hoofball’ and that is the way MM wants us to play. The four players we have just signed aren't cloggers or hoofers, they can play and pass the ball. One of them has come from Arsenals youth set up, another from Crewe, another from Wolves, all renowned for trying to play the right way. The fourth is a centre forward who has an excellent scoring record in this division and can play. Only one of our current squad (Nelson) could be classified as anything near a hoofer when he gets the ball. We have some skilful players in our squad. In my opinion we are trying to evolve and play better quality football and bringing young players through as well. Moaning and criticising continually achieves nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    One win against a promoted team at the beginning of the season isn’t a barometer of whether McCarthy’s ways work.
    That is, unless you’re happy for Brentford’s win over Arsenal using a more attacking style of play to also be judged in the same way.
    One home draw at the start of the season appeared enough for you and some others to write City off and accuse the manager and players of being useless though didnt it. Practice what you preach.

Anyone for a long season ahead with promotion at the end ??

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Very true.

But then a mediocre run of friendlies and an average 1-1 draw in the first game of the season is not always a guide to a season either. And quite a few were seeing out start as that.

Wasn't it Warnock who said judge us after 10 games? That is more of a reasonable measure.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Anyone for a long season ahead with promotion at the end ??

Who has said that?

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Despite me thinking we would blow it by missing all those chances, I thoroughly enjoyed yesterday's game
    Me too.

One home draw at the start of the season appeared enough for you and some others to write City off and accuse the manager and players of being useless though didnt it. Practice what you preach.
    I think you’ve got the wrong person. They say love is blind…

Long hard season.

Long hard season.

If that was the case how come you and the others never post anything remotely optimistic or positive about the club you/they say you love. Thats blind negativity in my book. You called MM a dinosaur and want him sacked. Others continually say we only play ‘hoofball’ and that is the way MM wants us to play. The four players we have just signed aren't cloggers or hoofers, they can play and pass the ball. One of them has come from Arsenals youth set up, another from Crewe, another from Wolves, all renowned for trying to play the right way. The fourth is a centre forward who has an excellent scoring record in this division and can play. Only one of our current squad (Nelson) could be classified as anything near a hoofer when he gets the ball. We have some skilful players in our squad. In my opinion we are trying to evolve and play better quality football and bringing young players through as well. Moaning and criticising continually achieves nothing.
    Where as being a happy clapper gets us to the worst run of defeats since 1933.

Giles isn't a ‘route one’ player neither is Wintle or Collins.
    Who's this Wintle fella? Never heard of him.....

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Who's this Wintle fella? Never heard of him.....
    Signed from Crewe, bit of a rep as a decent footballer, Mick picked him once or twice, then had him kidnapped for the temerity of trying to find another blue shirt with an along the ground pass. Working in the Tower Lounge now while helping out Blackpool FC of a Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Signed from Crewe, bit of a rep as a decent footballer, Mick picked him once or twice, then had him kidnapped for the temerity of trying to find another blue shirt with an along the ground pass. Working in the Tower Lounge now while helping out Blackpool FC of a Saturday.
    Is that the same Blackpool who won at Reading this evening and are now 12th in the table?

I note that somebody called Wintle was in their midfield this evening. He's made eight appearances for them this season. Their record in those games is:

Won 5, drawn 1, lost 2.

His first game for Blackpool was a 1-0 victory over Fulham.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Is that the same Blackpool who won at Reading this evening and are now 12th in the table?

I note that somebody called Wintle was in their midfield this evening. He's made eight appearances for them this season. Their record in those games is:

Won 5, drawn 1, lost 2.

His first game for Blackpool was a 1-0 victory over Fulham.
    Yes but we've got Will Vaulks (groan ...)

Where as being a happy clapper gets us to the worst run of defeats since 1933.
    Never mind, at least you are getting some enjoyment out of the fact that we are playing badly and dropping down the table. Thing is, we will eventually play better and win and then you wont have anything to moan about. Make the most of it now.

I think we will be having a long season too. Once we receive the points deduction we will be down there too. Tonight’s result was overdue. We were totally outplayed by Blackpool in a manner that was very worrying.

See you in the relegation battle ahead then.