+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Long season ahead

Re: Long season ahead

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Glass half full thinking !! Your thinking constantly is glass totally empty. You have written off our chances after one game, when a number of first teamers were missing. I prefer to wait until we are well into the season before predicting anything. What difference does it make anyway where I think the team will finish. I just go and watch the football, support the team and manager and try to enjoy myself in the process - a concept that is obviously totally alien to you.
    I do not think we are going up with this squad, no.
    Where do you think we will finish?

A prediction is handy in that it puts a bit of realism on to some people's idea of how good the team is and how high they think we will finish.

I think we will finish between 8th and 12th.
    Not a disaster if we bed in a few players and adopt a more entertaining style.

Giles isn't a ‘route one’ player neither is Wintle or Collins. Whats your point ? Perhaps you think we should have signed Wilson for £12m - oh, wait a minute, you don't rate him either do you.
    I said at the start of last season I did not think Wilson was a Premier League standard player and was not as good a player outside of set pieces as many thought he was. Many on here said he was easily Premier League quality.

Harry Wilson is now at Fulham after a permanent move. I think that tells the story of who was closer to being right.

The asking price almost halved after his season with us also.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I'm saying that the manager adopted a route one style for the majority of the games they played.
    I also think that the two managers since prefer a direct style too.

We do have the choice to sign other players too.
    When a manager signs new players and still plays the same way you do realise he has the option to change it up a bit? Or is it just the fact we employ route one managers who sign players to play that style?
    But i) we are now on a more limited budget and ii) are using that to sign players Warnock wouldn't have signed that summer.

We've gone from an XI which has 3/4 players comfortable on the ball to an XI where 4 aren't. Now those 4 are in positions responsible for getting the ball down and initiating moves so it hasn't happened yet, and manager's have been half-hearted in pushing change in style, but not until contract renewals this year and summer window before next year can you say the manager is the main reason we aren't playing football.

Note, I said main reason because obviously change in manager will be needed to kick on with style change on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    But i) we are now on a more limited budget and ii) are using that to sign players Warnock wouldn't have signed that summer.

We've gone from an XI which has 3/4 players comfortable on the ball to an XI where 4 aren't. Now those 4 are in positions responsible for getting the ball down and initiating moves so it hasn't happened yet, and manager's have been half-hearted in pushing change in style, but not until contract renewals this year and summer window before next year can you say the manager is the main reason we aren't playing football.

Note, I said main reason because obviously change in manager will be needed to kick on with style change on the pitch.
    You don't need to give Mick another summer to check what style of football he prefers. There is a whole back catalogue of seasons at clubs he's managed to check.
    Roy Keane was a big fan in his autobiography (or one of).

You don't need to give Mick another summer to check what style of football he prefers. There is a whole back catalogue of seasons at clubs he's managed to check.
    Roy Keane was a big fan in his autobiography (or one of).
    Yeah but your point is that the manager is the main reason for this style of play and my post(s) are saying he's not. Come back in a year, or if we renew Flint's contract, and try again.

You're also saying we're not buying players for different style of play but I said we are and you've not replied to that.

Yeah but your point is that the manager is the main reason for this style of play and my post(s) are saying he's not. Come back in a year, or if we renew Flint's contract, and try again.

You're also saying we're not buying players for different style of play but I said we are and you've not replied to that.
    So players pick the formation and style they play?
    We'll have to disagree on that.

What players have we replaced with footballers who can pass the ball better? A lot are simply like for like. The midfield is still the biggest issue and has been for many years now. Every window we seem to concentrate on other areas though. It was the problem then and it is the problem now.

As for Flint, he was out in the cold before MM came to the club. MM is a big Flint fan.

It's highly unlikely that Mick goes before the end of his contract (firing managers is expensive) unless things start to go badly wrong.

However, if the board are smart about it, we're only 18 months away from working out who his replacement should be. It's a future with a known end point when someone else can take over.
    Sounds too intelligent. I don’t think this board have any understanding of developing a passing game through a different manager. When Mick eventually leaves I can see another “cheap” alternative coming in and stating that the club has a fantastic squad that doesn’t need additions

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Sounds too intelligent. I don’t think this board have any understanding of developing a passing game through a different manager. When Mick eventually leaves I can see another “cheap” alternative coming in and stating that the club has a fantastic squad that doesn’t need additions
    Pretty much.

The more forward thinking clubs go looking for a modern manager with a style more suited to the modern game and have more than a plan A.
    Our requirements are cheapness and that he doesn't rock the boat too much.

They won't be held accountable though with fans like dml about. He would applaud Tan having a dump if he could.

It's the preferred style of play that does for me it's just shit.
    Not once did a defender come short for the ball everything was just punted up front.
    What must academy players that finally get a chance think when they've been taught about a short passing all through age groups to then be told just ****ing hoof it.
    Football has evolved but us as a club just lie stagnant.
    Comments above about writing us off in the first game are just blind support.
    You can turn up every game and want us to win every game but still think the style of play is shite.
    I'll be there every home game and some aways but know mick Mccarthy isn't the way forward.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    It's the preferred style of play that does for me it's just shit.
    Not once did a defender come short for the ball everything was just punted up front.
    What must academy players that finally get a chance think when they've been taught about a short passing all through age groups to then be told just ****ing hoof it.
    Football has evolved but us as a club just lie stagnant.
    Comments above about writing us off in the first game are just blind support.
    You can turn up every game and want us to win every game but still think the style of play is shite.
    I'll be there every home game and some aways but know mick Mccarthy isn't the way forward.
    Exactly.

Fans can turn up and support the team but discuss a game after the final whistle and be honest with what we have produced. Fans like dml would see more positives than negatives in a 5-0 thrashing.

If the academy are told to play one way and the first team are clearly playing another then that is something that is clearly in need of change. A priority you would think.

If Tan is the clever businessman people claim he is then can you tell me why he has not fixed the glaring weakness here, our board?

Having two men in charge who pick almost carbon copies as managers to take us in a new direction is always going to see stagnation on the field and off it. The fans could see it fairly soon after appointment. Tan and Choo are still telling Tan it will all come good and we're on for autos no doubt.

If MM went tomorrow then there is a high probability we would have some other route one boremonger take over. The reason being it is the same two or three people picking them.
    This. They CLEARLY don't know what the **** they're doing.

Where do you have us finishing this season dml?

I'm all for glass half full thinking but lets have something to back it up.

You obviously think we're a lot better than we showed yesterday so where do you think we are finishing this time round?
    You're not going to get any insight from DML. He's just going to tell you to be grateful for what you've got and hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    This. They CLEARLY don't know what the **** they're doing.
    Agreed, the same massive problem remains. Dalman and Choo refuse to allow a footballing man into the boardroom while taking healthy dividends. Dalman is a snake. The club can’t go on like this in the long run, there isn’t anything remotely resembling a plan. Two year lifespans of managers with half formed squads.

On the field we massively lack creativity, mobility and pace. It’s unfair on the young lads to step up so soon and provide options. We could be in real trouble unless we bring a few more in.

You're not going to get any insight from DML. He's just going to tell you to be grateful for what you've got and hope for the best.
    People joked that it was Mehmet Dalman posting on here before but the more he posts the more it seems he might be.

Him and Dalman have to be about the only two people on planet earth who are happy with some of the things going on at the club.

International

I can't remember seeing many saying Barnsley were too good for us.

Any link to the score predictions? A three and five goal loss to start the season at home to Barnsley?
    Why do you people always demand "link"? How did you ever manage to have a conversation before google?
    You olnly have to read the posts on here to see that people considered that Barnsley were a strong side on the basis of their form last season's end, and that there was little hope of us being as good as them. It's not rocket science.

Glass half full thinking !! Your thinking constantly is glass totally empty. You have written off our chances after one game, when a number of first teamers were missing. I prefer to wait until we are well into the season before predicting anything. What difference does it make anyway where I think the team will finish. I just go and watch the football, support the team and manager and try to enjoy myself in the process - a concept that is obviously totally alien to you.
    A truly horrible take, the results and style of football play a huge role in the enjoyment of the day. The club has been mismanaged at board level for years. With dross serviced up on a weekly basis. No wonder the crowd was so low yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Why do you people always demand "link"? How did you ever manage to have a conversation before google?
    You olnly have to read the posts on here to see that people considered that Barnsley were a strong side on the basis of their form last season's end, and that there was little hope of us being as good as them. It's not rocket science.
    I'm asking where people have said we would be beaten by Barnsley and the predictions of 3-0 and 5-0 you talk of. I've not seen them.

So, in short you made it up then.

So says the bloke who never goes to Cardiff City games or even lives on the same continent but thinks he knows everything there is to know about the club.

So says the bloke who never goes to Cardiff City games or even lives on the same continent but thinks he knows everything there is to know about the club.
    Why would he not know as much as you?

I said at the start of last season I did not think Wilson was a Premier League standard player and was not as good a player outside of set pieces as many thought he was. Many on here said he was easily Premier League quality.

Harry Wilson is now at Fulham after a permanent move. I think that tells the story of who was closer to being right.

The asking price almost halved after his season with us also.
    Good god. Its like arguing with a child. Everybody's transfer fee halved in the last 12 months - in case you missed it - THERE HAS BEEN A PANDEMIC ON.

Good god. Its like arguing with a child. Everybody's transfer fee halved in the last 12 months - in case you missed it - THERE HAS BEEN A PANDEMIC ON.
    Jack Grealish?

Why would he not know as much as you?
    Another childish response. Did I say I knew more than him - no. If you think I did then show me the link. However, by some of the silly things you post on here, I would hazard a guess that a three year old child would know more about City and football in general than you do.

Jack Grealish?
    How much was Jack Grealish sold for or valued at 12 months ago - show me the link.

How much was Jack Grealish sold for or valued at 12 months ago - show me the link.
    You tell me.

Don't think it was £200 million though.

Another childish response. Did I say I knew more than him - no. If you think I did then show me the link. However, by some of the silly things you post on here, I would hazard a guess that a three year old child would know more about City and football in general than you do.
    Is it though?

Why would you attending games and him not make you the font of Cardiff City knowledge and him not.

That isn't childish at all.