+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Yesterday's Attendances

Re: Yesterday's Attendances

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Just fans who just watch games a few times a year , I’m sure you know what I mean.
    It relates to a running joke on here but I see that you are a new arrival. No harm done

The top six attendances in the Football League this weekend:

29,093 - Sunderland v Wimbledon (League One)
    28,036 - Sheffield United v Huddersfield (Championship)
    21,346 - Stoke v Nottingham Forest (Championship)
    20,139 - Bristol City v Swansea City (Championship)
    18,622 - Ipswich Town v MK Dons (League One)
    18,168 - Cardiff City v Millwall (Championship)

West Brom, Middlesbrough and Nottingham Forest have topped 20,000 in their two home matches so far, while Swansea's attendances for their two home games have been 15,946 v Sheffield Utd and 15,929 v Stoke.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

West Brom, Middlesbrough and Nottingham Forest have topped 20,000 in their two home matches so far, while Swansea's attendances for their two home games have been 15,946 v Sheffield Utd and 15,929 v Stoke.
    Strangely Swansea’s capacity has been capped at 16k fir their first 2 games and away support from both their opponents has been low.

They’ve sold pretty much the same amount of season tickets as us based on £99 for early bird all over their ground, when they were near the top of the league just after Xmas so don’t be surprised to see their crowds at much higher than their historic levels in the coming weeks.

Aside from a handful of clubs I don’t think our gates are too embarrassing considering the ticketing issues and apparent lack of ambition.

A few more good results and things might get better. I’d expect 22-23k next week v the Worzels

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Very True, with the amount of long balls we play, there's a good chance that someone might get their dentures knocked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Strangely Swansea’s capacity has been capped at 16k fir their first 2 games and away support from both their opponents has been low.

They’ve sold pretty much the same amount of season tickets as us based on £99 for early bird all over their ground, when they were near the top of the league just after Xmas so don’t be surprised to see their crowds at much higher than their historic levels in the coming weeks.

Aside from a handful of clubs I don’t think our gates are too embarrassing considering the ticketing issues and apparent lack of ambition.

A few more good results and things might get better. I’d expect 22-23k next week v the Worzels
    Lots of folk I know are away from Cardiff at the moment….

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    I think that’s the first abbreviation that’s longer than typing the original I’ve seen.
    People over here say "WW2" instead of World War 2. Four extra syllables!

Last edited by Gofer Blue; 22-08-21 at 13:25. Reason: Error

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    That’s a good post … that being said, the club have undertaken zero marketing to sell season tickets, and don’t appear to have offered any incentive to floating fans - what has happened to the flexi ticket ?
    Good question. Still waiting to hear about my unused tickets from last season - refund or free renewal or what?

Nice to see more fans there yesterday than against Barnsley ,even with the morning downpour and MM tactics 😀

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

The reason for the drop in attendance at Swansea was that 30 year old Mercedes Chardonnay Jones didn't take her kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    The reason for the drop in attendance at Swansea was that 30 year old Mercedes Chardonnay Jones didn't take her kids.
    Grandchildren?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

If what you say is true that would mean that only 64 seats remained unsold!

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post

Really, that's a bit harsh

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    If what you say is true that would mean that only 64 seats remained unsold!
    https://www.swanseacity.com/news/ret...2021-22-season

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Really, that's a bit harsh
    Disagree. It needed saying

Some people are just not ready yet to get into a crowd

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    17 & 1/2 K isnt too bad in the circumstances, the older generation are still worried about going to the supermarket, they are not going to be rushing to watch a football game are they
    I was in the grandstand on Saturday, generally an older person stand, and it was nowhere near as populated as the other areas of the ground.

I've got my ticket for Saturday, can't remember the last time I went to a live game but looking forward to it.

Buying the the ticket online was a massive pain in the arse and I nearly chucked my phone and gave up.