+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yesterday's Attendances

Re: Yesterday's Attendances

Surprised sheff utd got such a large crowd

Cant say im suprised at Coventrys crowd. Back in their home City.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    At a guess, for many people, going to a game is a habit which has now been broken.
    Obviously outside factors at play but I do wonder if ,for a lot of people , it will be a real effort to start going again.
    Theres a lot in this I think. I have to be honest, I didnt enjoy being back as much as I thought. Maybe its a gap in not going during which we have all done a lot of thinking and reassessed many things, but I felt far more like a customer on saturday. It felt far more corporate than before.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I dare say they never got close to that at Highfield Road?
    After being all seater it had a capacity of just under 23,500.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Theres a lot in this I think. I have to be honest, I didnt enjoy being back as much as I thought. Maybe its a gap in not going during which we have all done a lot of thinking and reassessed many things, but I felt far more like a customer on saturday. It felt far more corporate than before.
    I think so.

Throw in the fact the owner seems disinterested and the club seem happy to tread water in the division, for the time being at least, and it isn't one that will get fans eagerly trying to get back.

There’s a lot of people working as drivers for Amazon, DPD, Tesco and the like. Maybe they couldn’t make it, due to working extra shifts!

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    There’s a lot of people working as drivers for Amazon, DPD, Tesco and the like. Maybe they couldn’t make it, due to working extra shifts!
    Hopefully they can make the next game, ideally on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I think so.

Throw in the fact the owner seems disinterested and the club seem happy to tread water in the division, for the time being at least, and it isn't one that will get fans eagerly trying to get back.
    Rubbish. The owner appears really disinterested doesn't he, pumping £3.5m a month into the club to keep it going in the lockdowns. You really don’t miss any opportunity to stick the boot in on the owner or the club. Just continually makes you look bitter and twisted and makes me even more convinced that you are a Jack.

i wonder how many of the shortfall on the crowds we were getting pre Covid can be put down to people still not feeling they're ready to go to games? I know of a few, but it's not that many.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Rubbish. The owner appears really disinterested doesn't he, pumping £3.5m a month into the club to keep it going in the lockdowns. You really don’t miss any opportunity to stick the boot in on the owner or the club. Just continually makes you look bitter and twisted and makes me even more convinced that you are a Jack.
    Quick question Mehmet.

When was the last time he attended a game?
    Pre covid or otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Cant say im suprised at Coventrys crowd. Back in their home City.
    I thought they would get a lot more to be honest

They are not a big club , even though they spent years in the top flight ......but it is a big city

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    As for being a Jack. You couldn't be further from the truth.

Just because we're not all blinkered Tan apologists like you doesn't make us Jacks.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    20,800 at Coventry today.
    Yes good to see them back.
    I actually thought they’d have a full house as there were 4000 away fans there and it was a return to the City for them.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Derby have not been permitted to sell season tickets, hence why the drop in attendance
    Ah that would explain it. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    As for being a Jack. You couldn't be further from the truth.

Just because we're not all blinkered Tan apologists like you doesn't make us Jacks.
    I bet you were blinkered by previous owners though. Haha

17 & 1/2 K isnt too bad in the circumstances, the older generation are still worried about going to the supermarket, they are not going to be rushing to watch a football game are they

The publicity from the EFL re. the opening attendances was bullish, though did pick the games where the gate was better than expected. Re. City, I just get the impression it's a club in decline - not a permanent one - but directors, general management, and supporters, have just run out of steam, energy, enthusiasm.
    We've had over 20yrs. of generally exciting, optimistic times. I think the mood all round has shifted..

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    17 & 1/2 K isnt too bad in the circumstances, the older generation are still worried about going to the supermarket, they are not going to be rushing to watch a football game are they
    I think that’s the first abbreviation that’s longer than typing the original I’ve seen.

Think we should also factor in Barnsley's poor away following, less than 1,000. Had we been playing Forest or Birmingham suddenly the attendance would be far closer to 20k

I think it's a combination of safety issues, breaking the habit of going to watch live football, the poor quality of football on offer and the lack of enthusiasm promoted by the club itself.

For all Warnock's faults, it can't be denied that he was instrumental in putting bums on seats. Somehow I don't think MM will do that.

I know plenty who were hit hard finanicially during the covid lockdown and i think Cardiff v Barnsley will be down their list of priorities as they try to get out of the rut they are in.
    I've seen idiots saying that we should be getting 30000 you couldn't make it up.
    Not everyone was born with a silver spoon in their mouth
    We have just come out of a pandemic thats cost people their jobs their homes and businesses even lives it may take awhile before attendances rise..

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    I think it's a combination of safety issues, breaking the habit of going to watch live football, the poor quality of football on offer and the lack of enthusiasm promoted by the club itself.

For all Warnock's faults, it can't be denied that he was instrumental in putting bums on seats. Somehow I don't think MM will do that.
    That’s a good post … that being said, the club have undertaken zero marketing to sell season tickets, and don’t appear to have offered any incentive to floating fans - what has happened to the flexi ticket ?

That’s a good post … that being said, the club have undertaken zero marketing to sell season tickets, and don’t appear to have offered any incentive to floating fans - what has happened to the flexi ticket ?
    Will floating fans be in the pubs before a game?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Will floating fans be in the pubs before a game?
    Just fans who just watch games a few times a year , I’m sure you know what I mean.

Just fans who just watch games a few times a year , I’m sure you know what I mean.
    super whoosh