Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Harry Wilson…………

Re: Harry Wilson…………

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    31 games? or 31 appearances?
    appearances, you're right. it's the equivalent of 18 full games

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    This, amongst a long list of contenders, is one of the stupidest posts I've seen for a long time
    You obviously haven't read any of his other recent ‘efforts’.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Just scored a very good goal forFulham - plenty of action on both benches as well.

Pretty sure Neil will have something to say about the defending ! Showed him on to his left foot!

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I'm saying that Harry Wilson has gone on loan to five clubs and got one permanent transfer from Liverpool. 5 of those clubs , including his current club, are Championship level or lower. He also did not make one first team appearance for Liverpool. Not any other player, Harry Wilson.

For me he is not without doubt Premier League class as some here seem to suggest or is he just getting unlucky with all these moves?
    No, this is what you said:

That's how it works. If you are good enough to play in the Premier League you play there. If you're not then you don't (save for playing in another European top league).
    You can try and pretend you were only talking about Harry Wilson now if you want but your snarky little comment was pretty silly

Jack Grealish does that too though.
    OK….

This, amongst a long list of contenders, is one of the stupidest posts I've seen for a long time
    We need a mutley s******ing smiley

‘Shock horror’ - blue lewj reignites his one man crusade against Harry Wilson. No doubt when Wilson knocks in his 15th goal for Fulham in a few months, that will be put down solely to being a lucky ricochet off his bootstrap or all the opposition he has faced being useless.

Turns out he's pretty decent when the ball's on the floor

No, this is what you said:

You can try and pretend you were only talking about Harry Wilson now if you want but your snarky little comment was pretty silly
    I was talking about Harry Wilson.

That is why I posted in a thread named Harry Wilson.

He has played a lot more outside the Premier League than in it including last season and this season. That's a fact.
    That for me suggests he is not undoubted Premier League quality.

You can say he is and he's been unlucky if you like. Doesn't change the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    appearances, you're right. it's the equivalent of 18 full games
    A goal every 2.5 games? Excuse my maths just taken the old dear shopping and my head is spinning from the experience.

Not too shabby for a championship player.

Wilson has the ability, vision, touch and passing range of a premier league footballer. I suppose the question is, does he have the work rate and desire. As everyone knows, he's a delight when the team he plays for is in the ascendancy, on the front foot, but not so effective when he has to play deeper because of pressure or if he ends up being part of a midfield that is being turned. He's not good when he's in that situation, in my opinion. In the Premier league, there are only about 5 or 6 teams that rarely find themselves in that situation, he's not going to end up with one of them, so it's the block below that would target him. It'll be interesting to see how he develops with Fulham.

Jack Grealish does that too though.
    Careful, or the idiot will think you're comparing a 100 million pound player with Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Wilson has the ability, vision, touch and passing range of a premier league footballer. I suppose the question is, does he have the work rate and desire. As everyone knows, he's a delight when the team he plays for is in the ascendancy, on the front foot, but not so effective when he has to play deeper because of pressure or if he ends up being part of a midfield that is being turned. He's not good when he's in that situation, in my opinion. In the Premier league, there are only about 5 or 6 teams that rarely find themselves in that situation, he's not going to end up with one of them, so it's the block below that would target him. It'll be interesting to see how he develops with Fulham.
    Exactly that.
    For all of his positives there is something that has scared off Premier League clubs for five of his last six moves.

If he gets there and performs regularly then I would say he is Premier League quality. Not for me while kicking about in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Careful, or the idiot will think you're comparing a 100 million pound player with Wilson.
    The idiot? Ha ha

You do realise making a comparison between one wing backs play and another is comparing yeah?
    Just to clarify.

Now who's the idiot?

The idiot? Ha ha

You do realise making a comparison between one wing backs play and another is comparing yeah?
    Just to clarify.

Now who's the idiot?
    Can you compare, say, a lwb from a CL club to one in the conference, as in roles being asked of them in the position, and not be directly comparing one against the other ability wise?

Back to the game.

FT: Fulham 1 - 1 Middlesbrough

Great end to the game. End to end stuff. Clear that the Boro fans love Warnock, they are celebrating like they won a cup.

Six from eleven games so far have ended in a draw

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Back to the game.

FT: Fulham 1 - 1 Middlesbrough

Great end to the game. End to end stuff. Clear that the Boro fans love Warnock, they are celebrating like they won a cup.

Six from eleven games so far have ended in a draw
    It was a typical Warnock point.

Fulham could and should have been out of sight but Boro grind out a point.

Can you compare, say, a lwb from a CL club to one in the conference, as in roles being asked of them in the position, and not be directly comparing one against the other ability wise?
    So you compared them then?

Who's the idiot?

What - Fulham, the Brazil of the Championship with champagne passing football style and ‘ we are going to walk the Championship by 20 points’ attitude etc etc, held at home by little Warnocks ‘hoofball’ borough. Never would have believed it possible !!

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    What - Fulham, the Brazil of the Championship with champagne passing football style and ‘ we are going to walk the Championship by 20 points’ attitude etc etc, held at home by little Warnocks ‘hoofball’ borough. Never would have believed it possible !!
    I think both will finish above us.

Warnock will get Boro punching above their weight and Fulham will be there or thereabouts.

Who's the idiot?
    You made out I was comparing them ability wise, when I clearly said AT THE TIME I was comparing the roles they play as wing backs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    OK….
    Do you disagree?

You made out I was comparing them ability wise, when I clearly said AT THE TIME I was comparing the roles they play as wing backs.
    So you warned somebody be careful because I will accuse them of comparing players but then admitting you compared them.

Nice one Dembe lad 😄
    Idiot indeed.

So you warned somebody be careful because I will accuse them of comparing players but then admitting you compared them.

Nice one Dembe lad 😄
    Idiot indeed.
    You have this knack of moving the argument along to suit yourself.

You know what you said on the thread when I compared the roles of 2 different wing backs. You know what you meant.

I'll happily leave it at that, I doubt anyone else on here cares tbh.

You like to manoeuvre a conversation into a little win don't you, its vert strange

You have this knack of moving the argument along to suit yourself.

You know what you said on the thread when I compared the roles of 2 different wing backs. You know what you meant.

I'll happily leave it at that, I doubt anyone else on here cares tbh.

You like to manoeuvre a conversation into a little win don't you, its vert strange

😄🤣😂

Go on reply again.