+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Harry Wilson…………

Re: Harry Wilson…………

Imagine calling somebody else an idiot and then proving yourself to be the stupid one.

It's not too late to change your name to dembetheidiot

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Definitely good enough for the Premier League
    Needs to consistently deliver, before final confirmation of that standard .

Look like NW did a number on them.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Needs to consistently deliver, before final confirmation of that standard .

Look like NW did a number on them.
    How many players in the PL aren't PL level? But they're PL standard to some just because they at there?

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    He isn't if no team that plays there think so.

That's how it works. If you are good enough to play in the Premier League you play there. If you're not then you don't (save for playing in another European top league).
    That's really not how it works at all. You'll probably find that quite a few PL teams would have liked him but issues like; PL squad size/ balance, wage constraints, prioritising their transfer budget in other areas where they are weak, having to offload players before they can buy, chairman not thinking he was worth the 12m Fulham paid etc etc

So you compared them then?

Who's the idiot?
    Overwhelming evidence is building that it's you I'm afraid, not least because what dembethewarrior meant on that other thread is blindingly obvious to everyone but you

Overwhelming evidence is building that it's you I'm afraid, not least because what dembethewarrior meant on that other thread is blindingly obvious to everyone but you

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    That's really not how it works at all. You'll probably find that quite a few PL teams would have liked him but issues like; PL squad size/ balance, wage constraints, prioritising their transfer budget in other areas where they are weak, having to offload players before they can buy, chairman not thinking he was worth the 12m Fulham paid etc etc
    And also not thinking he was worth the loan fees all the other times he went out too.

He has played all but one of his seasons outside of the Premier League. People might think he is Premier League quality but he will now have had his most recent two seasons in the Championship and I think he is a top Championship player until he kicks on and plays in the Premier League regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Seems you have an issue with the concept of 'leaving it' as well as 'comparing'.

This is great.

If you stop replying to someone, is that leaving it? Asking for a friend, he's a bit of an idiot.

He compared them.

Nothing more to see here.

Do you still think a player who has played for 5 out of 6 teams in the Championship or lower is definite Premier League quality?

You're not taking this too well are you?

You compared them and then denied comparing them while admitting you compared them. It's alright, Delmbox is with you.

Zohore played and scored in one season in the Premier League.

Is he Premier League quality?

Zohore played and scored in one season in the Premier League.

Is he Premier League quality?
    Er.... ...

If the answer is 'no' you are not helping your own argument!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Er.... ...

If the answer is 'no' you are not helping your own argument!
    Well he played as many seasons as Wilson has there and scored.
    He also has played the rest of his career at a lower level.

Well he played as many seasons as Wilson has there and scored.
    He also has played the rest of his career at a lower level.
    You seem to be arguing that Premier League quality players will be found in the Premier League and that players who are not in that league are not Premier League quality players.

You appear to argue that some players who have been in the top flight didn't deserve their place there based on 'quality' but not the flip side of that argument where because of price tag, personal choices, lack of vacancies in squads or a host of other reasons some Premier League quality players may be earning a living at a lower level.

If Liverpool had accepted Burnley's offer of £12m plus £4m in add ons in September 2020 (they held out for £20m and the rest is history) would that have made Harry Wilson a Premier League quality player? Or would his other seasons in the Championship have counted against that judgement?

You seem to be arguing that Premier League quality players will be found in the Premier League and that players who are not in that league are not Premier League quality players.

You appear to argue that some players who have been in the top flight didn't deserve their place there based on 'quality' but not the flip side of that argument where because of price tag, personal choices, lack of vacancies in squads or a host of other reasons some Premier League quality players may be earning a living at a lower level.

If Liverpool had accepted Burnley's offer of £12m plus £4m in add ons in September 2020 (they held out for £20m and the rest is history) would that have made Harry Wilson a Premier League quality player? Or would his other seasons in the Championship have counted against that judgement?
    Yeah, but do you think that Wilson is a Premier League player

I'm saying that Premier League quality players play in the Premier League regularly, yes.

I'm also saying that if Harry Wilson is undoubted Premier League quality then more than one PL club would have taken a gamble on him for more than one of his six moves.

That's all. Doesn't mean I'm right. That's my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Yeah, but do you think that Wilson is a Premier League player
    No idea.

No idea.
    I stopped replying to walk the dog and he carried on talking to himself

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I stopped replying to walk the dog and he carried on talking to himself
    Let it go Dembe.

I thought you were smarting but this is another level.

You wouldn't give me a run down on how Bacuna has some similarities to Lionel Messi could you?

😄

You are comedy gold.

Remind me a lot of that Jack bastard that used to plague the hooligan story tellers board.

Wilson has made 82 (+9) appearances in the Championship compared to 20 (+11) in the Premier League. My feeling is his career stats will continue along similar lines. I'm pretty certain he'll play in the Premier League again at some stage, but I doubt he'll ever properly establish himself there. Can't quite put my finger on why, but I just don't think he's a top level player.

You wouldn't give me a run down on how Bacuna has some similarities to Lionel Messi could you?

😄
    Ones an attacking genius and ones a defensive midfielder. Even you couldn't swing that one.