Thread: Football League Paper

Football League Paper

Bought it for the first time today… a fairly good read, would recommend 👍🏻

Ps, I’m not on commission for them….

Re: Football League Paper

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari_andretti View Post

Yeah, I enjoy quite a few pieces but their website drives me nuts. When Saturday Comes (not on commission either) is my go-to football read and still get excited when it's delivered.

I had a subscription to WSC for many years, and also used to contribute regular CCFC articles (and got paid for it). I have to admit I lost interest a few years ago, and stopped buying it. They seemed to be concentrating too much on world football, and although I can see there is interest in this, I found it was taking up too much copy. Perhaps they had lost a couple of UK-based writers and were having to fill in with other stuff. It just wasn't as funny/interesting as it used to be. Might give it a go again soon, given your recommendation.

I read both WSC and 442 each month. I do think that they both fail to hit the high standards of the past.

Disappointed with WSC this month.
    Normally in the preseason edition they go through each team, except for the MKDons and ask them what team they hate or want to beat. But this season it's nothing like that.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari_andretti View Post

I read it every week during the season and really enjoy it.

Have a look at readly.com, pay £7.99 per month for loads of titles including The Football League Paper, 4-4-2 and daily papers etc, defo have my moneys worth out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I read both WSC and 442 each month. I do think that they both fail to hit the high standards of the past.
    I agree.

If you have a subscription you can gain access to every previous copy in their digital archive. The quality of writing has changed a lot but I think that's true of all football publications over the last 10 years particularly. I still love WSC and their podcasts are also something I enjoy. They're struggling financially which is why I want to support them and help to try and keep them going.