+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: And I thought we were special

And I thought we were special

Re: And I thought we were special

We're just one of the 18 clubs hes managed with a great bunch of lads

You have to give it to Colin, PR is one thing he excels at.

Warnock wheeling out the Warnock play book at his newest club.

If you have a look at some of his interviews I would bet they are interspersed with comments like 'great bunch of lads', praising the Boro fans and bemoaning their luck and the ref and how he has always had a soft spot for Middlesbrough.

He's one of the best at manipulating the owners too.

If you want to see how he kept Tan in line have a look at the QPR documentary on Amazon Prime. He had notoriously difficult owners eating out of the palm of his hand.
    Actually winning games helps his cause initially though.

“I were sayin’ to Blackie t’other day…”

Remember how managing us was definitely his last job in football?

Middlesbrough will overachieve this season, the owner will give Warnock money to spend next summer, he'll sign a bunch of cloggers, they'll start the season slowly, and he'll get sacked before Christmas.

It's inevitable.

Careful now.

dml will have you all with his keyboard.

Come on, you know what you're going to get with Warnock - it's been the same at every club he's been with. Boom, then bust. Why did anyone think Cardiff would be any different?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Careful now.

dml will have you all with his keyboard.
    😄

If he's sees this he's going to blow his top.

Or does he just defend anybody and everybody to the hilt while employed by City? I can't work him out.
    He'd write a letter of thanks to the club if we went down with 0 points.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Come on, you know what you're going to get with Warnock - it's been the same at every club he's been with. Boom, then bust. Why did anyone think Cardiff would be any different?
    It's crazy how much of Warnock's spells at clubs follow the exact same pattern.

This season or next season Boro will go close to or obtain promotion. Then the slippery slide back down and Warnocks sacking happens.
    He will be 74 by that time though, maybe older. Think this could be his last gig.

Despite coming in and doing a great job in steering us to safety and avoiding a relegation scrape and of course getting us a very unexpected promotion... I have to be honest and say Warnock's style of football, legacy and 'passionate' management style... Has done our club significant long term damage.

We didn't play particularly good football before him but he institutionalised low possession, a reliance on older players, set piece based and hoof ball into our team that will take years to migrate away from. Harris tried and failed and it seems that Mick isn't even trying.

The wasted transfer fees paid to flair players whom he quickly discarded and strikers who couldn't score was awful. He was great at signing frees but how our 'transfer' committee allowed him to spend so much on players who didn't fit in or weren't given a chance is unforgivable.

He neglected our youth and academy players and seemed to want an average aged squad of over 30 years of age and a possession rate of less than 30%.

Just awful and unsustainable football.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Despite coming in and doing a great job in steering us to safety and avoiding a relegation scrape and of course getting us a very unexpected promotion... I have to be honest and say Warnock's style of football, legacy and 'passionate' management style... Has done our club significant long term damage.

We didn't play particularly good football before him but he institutionalised low possession, a reliance on older players, set piece based and hoof ball into our team that will take years to migrate away from. Harris tried and failed and it seems that Mick isn't even trying.

The wasted transfer fees paid to flair players whom he quickly discarded and strikers who couldn't score was awful. He was great at signing frees but how our 'transfer' committee allowed him to spend so much on players who didn't fit in or weren't given a chance is unforgivable.

He neglected our youth and academy players and seemed to want an average aged squad of over 30 years of age and a possession rate of less than 30%.

Just awful and unsustainable football.
    Spot on. At least we can now be crap with cheaper, younger players!