+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How long for the club to change playing style?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: How long for the club to change playing style?

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    So, in your view can we not play with a better style with the current squad? Do players always have to look long than try to play a bit more?

Are you of the school of thought that none of our players can play a more attractive style and can play only Warnockball/route one style? I don't buy into that if I'm honest. I think a lot of the reason our players play a route one style is because that is what they are told to do and have been told to do by three managers in succession.
    It is also a question of how we are to work out who can't play a more entertainning style going forward if we don't attempt to do so.
    Do people in the ground still groan when someone passes the ball sideways or backwards at 0-0, or 0-1?

I think we have some good footballers in the team, players like Ng for example. Midfield is full of cloggers and ball winners and the only player is 2 stone too fat, and more injury prone than Frank Spencer.

A more attractive style doesn't mean 61% possession by the way. Getting the ball wide, getting players to run at the opposition, getting people out of their seats as one of our wingers tears down the line and crosses from the by-line. The fact is that, if we kick off tonight, Sutton will have a throw-in or goal-kick within 30 seconds. There must be some sort of contract for managers at City because our kick-offs haven't changed at all since the Durban days.

Re: How long for the club to change playing style?

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    I think we have some good footballers in the team, players like Ng for example. Midfield is full of cloggers and ball winners and the only player is 2 stone too fat, and more injury prone than Frank Spencer.
    That’s a grossly unfair comparison. While Frank was certainly injury-prone, he was always available for action the following weekend.