+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Canton Stand Last Night

Canton Stand Last Night

Usual anti Swansea stuff, that ‘Hymns ‘n’ Arias’ rubbish even had an airing a few boos during the taking the knee, although well drowned out by the applause. The thing that baffled me was the ridiculing (in an empty stadium) of the Sutton fans, I’d like to think it was ironic....... but is irony in their repertoire?

Re: Canton Stand Last Night

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Usual anti Swansea stuff, that ‘Hymns ‘n’ Arias’ rubbish even had an airing a few boos during the taking the knee, although well drowned out by the applause. The thing that baffled me was the ridiculing (in an empty stadium) of the Sutton fans, I’d like to think it was ironic....... but is irony in their repertoire?
    Ok

I thought the boos may have been for the opposition not taking the knee although I could be wrong. We’re there boos on Saturday?

One clown near me shouted get on with the football. FFS can’t they just shut up for 10 seconds that’s all it is.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    I thought the boos may have been for the opposition not taking the knee although I could be wrong. We’re there boos on Saturday?

One clown near me shouted get on with the football. FFS can’t they just shut up for 10 seconds that’s all it is.
    Surely the person is allowed an opinion? Maybe change your name to Kim Jong un

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Strange how someone who makes the argument that people are free to say what they like then calls someone Kim Jong Un when he gives his opinion about a dickhead at a football match.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    The fact you’re user name is Stan Butler shows you are stuck in the 70s. Perhaps Eddie Booth would be a better fit.

Same on Saturday with the anti anyone chanting.

The “is that all you take away” is embarrassing when in a half empty stadium.

I didn’t go last night -
    So is it fair to criticise what is being chanted if you did not attend the game yourself?

I've always found the anti-Swansea stuff bizarre when we're not playing them, even more so when we're away. And the Hyms 'n' Arias stuff is just embarrassing. Our repertoire is pretty poor these days and. It's a long way from 'we're only here coz we're single' away on Valentine's day a while ago (Derby?).

Your comments didn't go unnoticed or unappreciated BTW - same goes to TOBW.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I've always found the anti-Swansea stuff bizarre when we're not playing them, even more so when we're away. And the Hyms 'n' Arias stuff is just embarrassing. Our repertoire is pretty poor these days and. It's a long way from 'we're only here coz we're single' away on Valentine's day a while ago (Derby?).

Your comments didn't go unnoticed or unappreciated BTW - same goes to TOBW.
    Sure that was Luton. Or at least happened at Luton many moons ago.

I was there. My ex wasn't.

Having checked we played Luton on 14 Feb 2006 and Derby on 14 Feb 2017 so probably chanted at both.

2006, time flies.

A full 9 years before a certain poster on here who labelled me a Jack had registered an account on here.
    Wonder if he was there?

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post

I didn’t go last night -
    So is it fair to criticise what is being chanted if you did not attend the game yourself?
    "Is that all you take away?" sung by fans who never go away.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    2006, time flies.

A full 9 years before a certain poster on here who labelled me a Jack had registered an account on here.
    Wonder if he was there?
    First of all we only have your word for it that ‘you were there’. You are a serial fantasist, so I very much doubt it. Secondly the date was 12 years before you told me that I was Mehmet Dalman, so before you start accusing people of ‘labelling’ others unfairly, how about practicing what you preach. In my book someone who constantly criticises every aspect of a football club, obviously has very little allegiance, if any, towards that club. Therefore my assumption that you are a Jack is entirely reasonable. You obviously have nothing better to do anyway, whoever you support but its very obvious that it isn't Cardiff City.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    First of all we only have your word for it that ‘you were there’. You are a serial fantasist, so I very much doubt it. Secondly the date was 12 years before you told me that I was Mehmet Dalman, so before you start accusing people of ‘labelling’ others unfairly, how about practicing what you preach. In my book someone who constantly criticises every aspect of a football club, obviously has very little allegiance, if any, towards that club. Therefore my assumption that you are a Jack is entirely reasonable. You obviously have nothing better to do anyway, whoever you support but its very obvious that it isn't Cardiff City.
    I'm a serial fantasist? 😄

Tell us more about lasts night's win where we didn't play one long ball and beat that solid League 2 outfit.

2006, time flies.
    The iPhone came out the following year. It's hard to believe we were all playing 'snake' at halftime on a Nokia (with removable fascia if you were posh) whist the H/T scores were read out over the PA system.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    The iPhone came out the following year. It's hard to believe we were all playing 'snake' at halftime on a Nokia (with removable fascia if you were posh) whist the H/T scores were read out over the PA system.
    Madness.

While not being too long ago though it seemed a simpler time back then. I certainly enjoyed the football a bit more.

We drew that game 3-3. We should have had a penalty at the end. Think it might have been Koumas brought down but the ref bottled it.

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post

I didn’t go last night -
    The more we criticise and even boo when anti Swansea and the like rubbish is being sang the better. It’s hard for me to understand the mentally of people who sing about paedophilia. I don’t want to be associated with them, wish they’d disappear and find somewhere else to peddle their idiocy. They are not supporting The City in any way, shape or form with their rubbish.

I remember seeing a cartoon once where two Foreign Legionnaires were chatting with one saying to the other 'will they ever let me forget?' whilst a biplane trailing a banner flies overhead saying 'Jonny Price wets the bed'. This board feels like that bloody cartoon sometimes.

BTW name was changed to protect the innocent!

Wait until the stand realises at the Jacks home game that the Swansea first choice keeper is called Benda

Cringeworthy as per, really unimaginative. Get behind the team for gawds sake.

What was particularly embarrassing were some of our English academy lads watching on in dismay with their families as the canton aired anti English stuff throughout the second half.

At half time in the Concourse you can really see how brain dead some of our younger fans are. Sniffed up on a Tuesday night.

Definitely some cringeworthy chants last night, especially the ones having a go at Sutton’s support. Didn’t get in the stadium till 20 minutes in, due to queuing at the ticket office, but not surprised the taking the knee was booed, as I also heard boos Saturday.
    To be fair, despite the low numbers last night, the Canton in the second half did sing non stop.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Strange how someone who makes the argument that people are free to say what they like then calls someone Kim Jong Un when he gives his opinion about a dickhead at a football match.
    Zing!

2006, time flies.

Wonder if he was there?
    I find it particularly funny that you appear to gauge a person's level of support by the number of years they have been contributing to this board What an idiot. I have been following City since before the internet was invented. You probably stumbled across CCMB one drunken night, when you were at a loose end and decided to try to start winding up and depressing other users with your ‘cutting edge’ analysis of all things City. I refuse to be beaten down by people like you - after all, thats what you want isn’t it. I came on this board to spread a bit of positivity and engage in positive chat with like minded individuals. You and your ‘mates’ obviously don't like it but thats your problem, not mine. There are far more reasonable posters on this board than people like you.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I find it particularly funny that you appear to gauge a person's level of support by the number of years they have been contributing to this board What an idiot. I have been following City since before the internet was invented. You probably stumbled across CCMB one drunken night, when you were at a loose end and decided to try to start winding up and depressing other users with your ‘cutting edge’ analysis of all things City. I refuse to be beaten down by people like you - after all, thats what you want isn’t it. I came on this board to spread a bit of positivity and engage in positive chat with like minded individuals. You and your ‘mates’ obviously don't like it but thats your problem, not mine.
    Let's get one thing straight here. My cutting edge analysis of City, as you call it, is a damn lot closer to reality than yours.

If you genuinely see great things in a one goal win at home for a very strong City team against a team that has played one game in League 2 then I am happy for you, honestly.

Positivity is one thing, and I will admit that I need a lot more on here especially, but your blind positivity is off the scale. You'd enthusiastically applaud a City defender smashing in an own goal for trying his best.

Let's get one thing straight here. My cutting edge analysis of City, as you call it, is a damn lot closer to reality than yours.

If you genuinely see great things in a one goal win at home for a very strong City team against a team that has played one game in League 2 then I am happy for you, honestly.

Positivity is one thing, and I will admit that I need a lot more on here especially, but your blind positivity is off the scale. You'd enthusiastically applaud a City defender smashing in an own goal for trying his best.
    Oohh, hit a nerve have I ? Cutting edge was in inverted commas, I was being sarcastic. Your analysis is basically biased drivel. Once again, you have summarised the contents of my post to suit your own agenda. You continually misrepresent what I say - where did I say I saw great things in last nights performance. You are not interested in what people say anyway, you just keep pedalling the same old rubbish - Wilson was useless, the manager is useless, the team are useless, the owner and board are useless blah de blah de blah. For gods sake give it a rest. PS. If you think you need more positivity on the board, you are going about it in a very strange way.